Road n Track July 2010....

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
quarter page (23) article titled "Viper Powered Challenger Headed To Production?". Among other things it says "Viper production is coming to an end but its 600hp V10 could live on in the Challenger". Might this be a fore telling of a V8 Corvette competing Gen V...if one is ever built? Would make more economic sense going head to head, for the USA made sports car market imo...

Alabaster Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, just sounds like good marketing and using the tools available to do the job. And that job is to sell cars. If anything it is good for us because more applications means more reason to build the engines. I do not let the pessimism get me down to the point that I speculate on the demise of the Viper. I hope and pray that they continue to build them but even if they do stop, they will forever live on in all the Viper drivers. Long live the Viper.

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they'd seize the opportunity to give Challenger fanatics something even more awesome to buy, at a huge premium I'd guess... no question people will spend for an SRT-10 Challenger. I don't think it means anything for future Viper development.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do not believe that a V10 powered Challenger will be produced in view of the upcoming release sometime in the future of the 6.4 liter SRT8 engine. Then again, I could be wrong and that would be a good thing. Regardless, for those with the motivation and money to do so, there is nothing to prevent you from creating your own V10 Challenger.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235