Rocker Arm Clearance

s55c

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So this past weekend while enjoying the summer weather 1 of my brand new Harland Sharp rockers decides to self implode..... makes a really nice sound, almost like the keebler elves inside beating things with their little hammers... I so love a sunday ride home in the tow truck, lolol........ Not wanting to do this again I'm gonna be ordering a set of the T&D's but was wondering - Do they clear the Valve Cover on a Gen1 (95)?? I have stock covers with stock gasket... will I need to massage the inside sheetmetal? Thankyou

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It depends. The rockers clear for some but not for others. Over the years a number of options were posted on how to get the clearance. They ranged from completely removing the baffles to taking a ball-peen hammer and making indentations in the baffles to shaving down the baffle mounting locations. I did the latter. http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/647316-DIY-Breather-System-from-AC-Performance?highlight=baffle

I removed the valve covers and removed the baffles.
VC_Baffle_Removal_1.jpg

I cleaned up the silicone residue left behind, shaved down the baffle mounting points about 3/16"-1/4", cleaned it all up and re installed the baffles with fresh silicone sealant.

VC_Baffle_Removed.jpg

I was told by a wise wizard to keep the baffles in place because removing them could cause more oil to makes it's way into the PVC/CCV system. I took his advice.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte