Rodolphe Viper watch knockoff

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Item description + 100% rating over 1009 auctions = fake and nobody has informed Ebay of misrepresented items by now? I find that hard to believe but am not knowledgeable about wrist watches and can not point out telltale details.

1994viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t think I would pay $3-$7K for a watch made by Rodolphe. I mean even though, it’s a nice Viper novelty timepiece, but it’s a first time I hear of this watch brand. Is there any history to the company that I'm not aware of? So $700 on fleabay might be the right going price for them. No offence to Rodolphe.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with 1994viper...who is Rodolphe to be charging that much money for a watch. Different if it was manufactured by a known watch company or the company that makes all the Porsche watches.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Item description + 100% rating over 1009 auctions = fake and nobody has informed Ebay of misrepresented items by now? I find that hard to believe but am not knowledgeable about wrist watches and can not point out telltale details.

The crooked POS ([email protected]) who screwed me like a $5 ****** on my 2nd set of Viper wheels had a feedback rating of 100% with several hundred auctions. Feel free to sign him up for any horrible email lists you can find!

I wouldn't pay $3-7k for any watch (except to flip for a big profit lol)! Watches have never been my thing though. I'd rather have a $100 watch and $3k in gas money :D

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i wonder if it comes with a free turbin or quickie mart coupon

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'm a watch guy and would love a viper TAG or likes if it was in the 3K range. No way in hell I'm paying that money for that watch, even $700 is to much

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
While I'm a bit of a watch buff, those are some of the ugliest watches I've seen lately..whatever the price.

Jon Mopar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I couldn't imagine paying that much for a watch covered in car logos (and I'm a watch guy). Sure, they are gorgeous, but if you're spending over $2k for a watch, it's because you want it to get noticed. Normally, car-related novelty watches are associated with being cheap....much like a Mustang or Corvette watch, when you see one, you think maybe $200, not thousands.

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats a nice looking watch from Tag, i got up close and personal with it on a cruise line jewelry store a few months back. If I get a watch that is a car specific/history watch I want it to come as close to the viper as possible, the GT tag is more geared to the history of japanese and porsche cars, the Tags Monaco LS Chronograph Calibre 12. would be the one for me, Stainless Steal with black leather band, its dedicated to high speed and endurance racing and has my wondering eye but at 6k new I will be waiting for one to come on the used market for half that

You can get a GT Tag Watch in your price range.

1994viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From another watch guy: I think nothing speaks a car watch as much as Daytona by Rolex. They are a bit on expensive side thogh.

thats a nice looking watch from Tag, i got up close and personal with it on a cruise line jewelry store a few months back. If I get a watch that is a car specific/history watch I want it to come as close to the viper as possible, the GT tag is more geared to the history of japanese and porsche cars, the Tags Monaco LS Chronograph Calibre 12. would be the one for me, Stainless Steal with black leather band, its dedicated to high speed and endurance racing and has my wondering eye but at 6k new I will be waiting for one to come on the used market for half that

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems kind of funny. For the very limited Viper enthusiast market that would buy one of these, why would one go through the effort to fake one, plus the box, etc?

On the other hand (or other wrist? :rolaugh:), I thought Roodoff was a deer, not a watch maker? :D

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I will be waiting for one to come on the used market for half that

Watch ebay, there are billions of fakes on there, hell $300 real watches are even faked.
I did by a real Tissot last year off a guy. He was a priate owner and no history of selling watches, I turned out really well. He bought it and didn't like it so sat in a box for 2 years and just wanted a few extra bucks for something else.

This is a good site for info.
http://www.watchuseek.com/

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow I have fallen for the black stainless Daytona , yup 12K is a bit much for me on a watch so I'll have to wait for one of the following 1) win the lottery 2) sell a good portion for my current watch collection if not all of them 3) get a rich cougar (hopefully good looking but thats optional if you buys me 12k watches)

From another watch guy: I think nothing speaks a car watch as much as Daytona by Rolex. They are a bit on expensive side thogh.

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks that is a cool site

Watch ebay, there are billions of fakes on there, hell $300 real watches are even faked.
I did by a real Tissot last year off a guy. He was a priate owner and no history of selling watches, I turned out really well. He bought it and didn't like it so sat in a box for 2 years and just wanted a few extra bucks for something else.

This is a good site for info.
http://www.watchuseek.com/

1994viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow I have fallen for the black stainless Daytona , yup 12K is a bit much for me on a watch so I'll have to wait for one of the following 1) win the lottery 2) sell a good portion for my current watch collection if not all of them 3) get a rich cougar (hopefully good looking but thats optional if you buys me 12k watches)

Yea, 12K for a stainless Daytona is a bit high, even though it's somewhat more desirable model. I paid $9300 for a used Zenith Daytona in solid gold a while ago. :) I wouldn't sell a good portion of the watch collection to buy a $12K SS Daytona, but probably would sell some watches to get that SS Daytona if it was going for $7-8K ;)