Roe Blower and light flywheel???????? ASAP, Please!!!

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clint, In my opinion your method of trying to change the rules makes for bad drama rather any change for improvement. You are picking on one moderator, yet it is the obligation of all of them. You began with a comment about banning someone, which then turned out not true. You think that because 99% are of legal age that those 99% want to be exposed to unfiltered "extreme" comments, while I myself would prefer posts written in a manner more like one would speak face to face with a customer. Respect for diversity, fine, but without adversity. In that regard, highest respect given to 1Tony1 for bringing the conversation back to an interesting Viper discussion.

1999GTSsilverwblue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is true that I inquired about frame cracks due to poor factory design.

As also posted previously, I posted that I that the Aluminum Frame was the result of Reverse Engineering (obtaining a Stock Steel Frame and basically copying it)

YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND IF THE FACTOTY FRAME HAS A DEFECT THEN AN ALUMINUM COPY OR ANY COPY WILL HAVE THE SAME DEFECT and should also be reinforced in that same area.

Sorry, I do not have any cracks and it is STILL ALUMUNUM.
I did add beefy gussets (aluminum.)

:usa: Still Light and Fast

1999GTSsilverwblue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For all to read and check

I have MICHIGAN PLATES ordered with "VENOM" printed on it,since 1999.

I have for seven years referred to it as "Venom". It is on public records with the Michigan Secretary of State.

Going to College educated me in a number of subjects, but more important was the lesson go to the knowledgeable sources tuner/suppliers/Material Manufacturers and pick their brain and buy what was appropriate,because NONE OF US , Not even you , can know everything about everybody.

I have had a lot of access as a Toyota Executive to some normally inacessable people and I used it .

:usa: Executive Status can lead to Special Treatment :usa: Position and Money opens doors that would normally be closed

Reaction score
:confused: Why the name change? You are one spooky, and (quite frankly), scary ****. If I could do ONE THING with a free pass.....

Personally....I say everyone ignores this individual (I picked that term very carefully).....don't go away mad.....just....

GO

AWAY!

TX WHOS YOUR DADDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope your car is back together and your enjoying it!!!!!!!!

The run was done at Milan Dragway by John Lingenfelter BEFORE I took delivery in 2001. It has 542 cu.in.

As a prior post states I was working my butt off as a Chief Engineer at Toyota Motor Corporation. If you know the Japanese, they believe work is number 1 and life is number 2. So up until my recent retirement, I had the access to resources, but no time .

Now I have time to play

:usa: Long Live American Muscle :usa:

Ps I bought the Viper to embarass Toyota when they were cancelling the Supra.
OKAY HERES THE FACTS.......... JOHN LINGENFELTER NEVER RAN A 9.6 IN A VIPER AT MILAM MICHIGAN DRAGWAY.YOU MAY HAVE A TIMESLIP THAT SAYS 9.6 RAN BY U OR SOMEONE ELSE IN SOME OTHER CAR.JAY HERBET TELLS ME YOU STATED U DIDNT HAVE A LPE CAR BUT YOU TOLD HIM U BOUGHT AN LPE 542 ENGINE BLOCK?(YOUR STORY KEEPS CHANGING)DID U BUY IT FROM AN INDIVIDUAL WHO BOUGHT IT FROM LPE OR DID U BUY IT FROM LPE?LPE DOESNT HAVE ANY RECORDS OF U OR U BUYING A 542 C.I. VIPER ENGINE FROM THEM.NO WAIT DO TELL IT WAS A SECRET UNDERCOVER EXPERIMENTAL NUMBER 3 MAN JOINT AUTOMOBILE MAKER VENTURE AND ALL PARTIES INVOLVED SIGNED CONFIDENTIALITY AGREEMENTS!HEY CONGRATS ON YOUR 46 YEAR OLD RETIREMENT.YOU ARE THE ONLY PERSON I KNOW THAT HASNNT PUT IN 30 - 35 YEARS TO GET TO A TOP AUTOMOBILE MANAGEMENT POSITION THAT DIDNT RETIRE IN THIER EARLY 60 S. THE BEST OF LUCK TO YOU! :D

1999GTSsilverwblue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess you know everything.Acceleration in the result of quite a few variables HP, Torque, vehicle mass , F/R distribution (static and dynamic), Tires (Width , Durometer,Temperatures) Atmospheric conditions shifts, yet you have the knowledge to STATE " doesn't look right" WOWWWWWWWW

You keep taking me back to prior posts , yet you did not remember I said in prior posts it was last run was in 2001.
Very selective critcism.

Enjoy you little world.

I am enjoying mine and see what it and I can do for fun.

:usa: Thank GOD for AMERICAN FREEDOM to be innocent until proven guity :usa:

1999GTSsilverwblue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Norm,

For the record ,I graduated college at 23 and retired at 57.

That sounds like about 34 years. Sorry , if you think that is not long enough.

Get your FACTS Straight , before you accure another falsehood.

:usa: Enjoying a very comfortable Retirement Pension :usa:

TX WHOS YOUR DADDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Norm,

For the record ,I graduated college at 23 and retired at 57.

That sounds like about 34 years. Sorry , if you think that is not long enough.

Get your FACTS Straight , before you accure another falsehood.

:usa: Enjoying a very comfortable Retirement Pension :usa:
JIM NOT A PROBLEM.I DO REMEMBER SEEING A POST THAT U SAID U WERE 46 WHEN U RETIRED(ITS NOW EVIDENTLY DELETED).THE 57 MAKES MORE SENSE.AS FAR AS FALSEHOODS GO..... YOU DO HAVE ME BEAT! JUST SO U WONT FEEL ALONE I GRADUATED FROM HIGH SCHOOL AT 17 AND FROM COLLEGE AT 21.I RETIRED THE FIRST TIME AT 42 YEARS OLD.I AM A NATIVE MICHIGAN SON WHO GREW UP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BIG 3 AUTO MAKERS.CHECK YOUR SPELLING OF ACCUSE ITS NOT ACCURE...............P.S. I FOUGHT THE STREET DOMESTIC DRUG WARS FOR 10 YEARS S0 YOU AND YOUR FAMILY CAN LIVE IN A BETTER WORLD.WHAT DO U WANT TO TALK ABOUT NOW?FAVORITE COLORS? :D

TX WHOS YOUR DADDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess you know everything.Acceleration in the result of quite a few variables HP, Torque, vehicle mass , F/R distribution (static and dynamic), Tires (Width , Durometer,Temperatures) Atmospheric conditions shifts, yet you have the knowledge to STATE " doesn't look right" WOWWWWWWWW

You keep taking me back to prior posts , yet you did not remember I said in prior posts it was last run was in 2001.
Very selective critcism.

Enjoy you little world.

I am enjoying mine and see what it and I can do for fun.

:usa: Thank GOD for AMERICAN FREEDOM to be innocent until proven guity :usa:
JIM, I DONT NEED TO KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT ENGINEERING...........FRANKLY ITS BORING ...........I DO KNOW ENOUGH TO PUT TOGATHER THE RIGHT PARTIES TO PRODUCE A WORLD RECORD ALL MOTOR VIPER.THERE ARE FOLKS OUT THERE WHO WALK THE WALK AND TALK THE TALK BETTER THEN U AND I COMBINED.SO STOP AND THINK WHAT U ARE GOING TO SAY BEFORE U SAY IT.I LIKE MY LITTLE WORLD CAUSE IM LUCKY ENOUGH TO OWN A PIECE OF THE BIG WORLD.HEY,SPEAKING OF INNOCENT UNTILL PROVEN GUILTY DO U REMEMBER THE MIRANDA WARNING"YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT,ANYTHING U SAY MAY AND WILL BE USED AGAINST U IN A COURT OF LAW,U HAVE THE RIGHT TO AN ATTORNEY,IF U YOU CAN NOT AFFORD ONE,ONE WILL BE APPOINTED BY THE COURT.DO U UNDERSTAND YOUR RIGHTS AS READ TO YOU?"WHAT WOULD U LIKE TO TALK ABOUT NOW?TAKE CARE! :2tu:

Kenny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Norm, I don't know about you, but this story Jim is telling wouldn't have bothered me half as much had he not used the name of the late John Lingenfelter to try and lend some credibility to his tale. That in itself I find pretty offensive.

TX WHOS YOUR DADDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Norm, I don't know about you, but this story Jim is telling wouldn't have bothered me half as much had he not used the name of the late John Lingenfelter to try and lend some credibility to his tale. That in itself I find pretty offensive.
ITS VERY SORRY AND UNEXCUSABLE!

1999GTSsilverwblue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I HAD more than one Viper at that time ,so I could drive one while the other was in pieces/ torn apart.

Those mods listed were and are correct for the car I drove to Tech Day.

I have a collection of cars,but I was told by the Administrator to down play any hint of Financial success and he even removed that" all vehicles on signature were purchased new".

Kenny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I HAD more than one Viper at that time ,so I could drive one while the other was in pieces/ torn apart.

Those mods listed were and are correct for the car I drove to Tech Day.

Wow, you had more than one 1999 Silver GTS, huh. Seems like you would have mentioned that you "also" had a 99 GTS with a stock frame when I called you down on the frame crack post.

Somebody get me some hip boots, this stuff is getting deep.

1999GTSsilverwblue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kenny,

I do not mention everything with every post . Maybe you do ?

I like Silver so all my vehicles are silver. I see some guys post pictures primarily with multiple red vehicles.
I hope Silver vehicles don't offend you, LOL

britospeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to see the Aluminum frame also! Do you have any CAD drawings of it? If you do would you forward me a copy? I'd love to build one for myself.
Michael

Kenny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Kenny,

I do not mention everything with every post . Maybe you do ?

I like Silver so all my vehicles are silver. I see some guys post pictures primarily with multiple red vehicles.
I hope Silver vehicles don't offend you, LOL

Silver doesn't but basing your Walter Mitty-esque tales around one of the most legendary tuners ever who is now deceased and therefore can't speak up offends me to no end. Norm has found out for a FACT from LPE that John Lingenfelter never performed the run you said he did.

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously. I could appreciate the work that would have went into building an aluminum frame and is something we have joked about doing here. Please, amaze us with some pictures. I can't imagine you would go through a process like that and not feel that it was worthy of a few snapshots.

GTS Jeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"but I was told by the Administrator to down play any hint of Financial success and he even removed that" all vehicles on signature were purchased new"."

are you serious, with the way people post here that is really hard to believe.

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"but I was told by the Administrator to down play any hint of Financial success and he even removed that" all vehicles on signature were purchased new"."

are you serious, with the way people post here that is really hard to believe.

I found that hilarious as well. BTW, I light my cigars with hundred dollar bills and never wear the same pair of shoes twice.

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is true that I inquired about frame cracks due to poor factory design.

As also posted previously, I posted that I that the Aluminum Frame was the result of Reverse Engineering (obtaining a Stock Steel Frame and basically copying it)

YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND IF THE FACTOTY FRAME HAS A DEFECT THEN AN ALUMINUM COPY OR ANY COPY WILL HAVE THE SAME DEFECT and should also be reinforced in that same area.

Sorry, I do not have any cracks and it is STILL ALUMUNUM.
I did add beefy gussets (aluminum.)

:usa: Still Light and Fast

Al does not have the same streanth per lb as steel. Unless you had an engineer design a frame with that in mind it will not last. I am calling [******] on this in a big way. Quit wasting our time and show pic or just go away.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Al does not have the same streanth per lb as steel. Unless you had an engineer design a frame with that in mind it will not last. I am calling [******] on this in a big way"

I was thinking the same thing.

Could it be that he's making up this whole thing? :)

1999GTSsilverwblue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe,Dan & Jason

To those that are bored by "Engineering", please do not read
this.

Joe and Jason , you are absolutely correct. Any engineer that has taken courses Metallurgy,Material Science, and Strenght of Materials knows that a designer CANNOT replace Steel with Aluminum , Carbon Fiber and / or any material WITHOUT CHANGING THE DESIGN based on static and dynamic material (fatique) properties.

First, the standard steel frame was digitized to establish fixed points such as body, drivetrain, suspension, bumpers ,etc.

Then ,the clearances (were defined) of the frame which must be maintained to mate with factory component which will still be utilized,

The Stock Steel frame mouted and measured to establisl a minimum Torsional Rigidity Target.

Next a Finite Element Model was created for the Stock Steel Frame utilizing the stock steel thickness and properties after a Metallugical analysis of a a variety of sections/pieces from all over the frame

A Finite Element Analysis was conducted and compared to the ACTUAL Torsional Rigidity measured . Of couse we assumed a Lineal Analysis with no permanent deformation

We also put strain gauges on my near stock vehicle to establish the strain rates in a variety of conditions would see on a road course, etc.

This data was compared to the fea prediction and adjustment made the FEA model and conctraints until in correlated to the actual data gathered from the stock steel frame.

Now we began trying different Aluminum Properties in the model and of course they did not correlete with the same steel shape/ thickness.

Now the time consuming trial and error modofications of the Finite Element Model in the areas of increasing thickness, enlarging sections (where clearances permitted) , adding gussets, etc .

Now we built our first Aluminum Frame to the redesigned FEA model. Actual overall Torsional Rigidity of the first aluminun frame was measured and did not meet the Steel Frame target. We revised the FEA Model until the Aluminum FEA model correlated with the Actual #1 ALuminum frame.

Obviously, the aluminum frame design was improved and a # 2 Aluminum frame was made and tested. This proccess was repeated until the Torsional Rigidity Target was met .

We DID NOT CONDUCT A NONLINEAR ANALYSIS which could conform 55 MPH , Barrier or corner impact.

I hope this brief summary of the frame development proccess
helps your understanding in the effort.

:usa: Engineering is what makes cars run /airplanes fly without selfdistructing :usa: (with the right safety factor)

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Joe - I have to agree

Even the carbon fiber bodied GTS-R race cars were 2750lbs - and carbon fiber is significantly lighter than aluminum strength for stength.

A sub 2600lb GTS would be gutted beyond recognition inside, and require extensive carbon fiber on the outside. Aluminum is not a great chassis foundation - sure would not want to hit anything ...lol

I have no doubt the V10 could make 1000hp on all motor - I even know how it would likely be done... but not on pump gas with conventional styled 2V heads. Did they cast up a special 40 valve conversion as a one off? I doubt that. I had the rights to a design but we never built it - no one has done it...

yet

The 792rwhp is believable if I were to ask some searching questions and got the right answers, the sub 2600lb is not.

I know a road racer here that has spent almost 7 figures on his ex road based GTS... it makes 802hp at 5600rpm and comes in around 3000lbs - that's 460lb lighter than stock - even after a full spec roll cage and frame for stiffness. It has the best fabrication, is gutted and framed, and if you could find 400lb to pull out of it I'd not only be impressed - this guy would probably fly you out 12,000 miles away to show him how it was done...

but if you got there and he found you were not on the level - it'd be better you never came.... wink down under we're like that
:2tu:

BTW - a frame does not weigh enough to make an aluminum one reduce weight to that degree.

1999GTSsilverwblue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Torquemonster

Remember I did mention Carbon Fiber Hood , Body panels, gutted, PLUS A DRAG VEHICLE DOES NOT NEED large fuel cell ,heavy front wheels/tires , front rotors/ calipers, anti-sway bars (lateral torsion bars) ,brackets , end connectors,etc, but it is not a straghtforward comparioson , because they Engineered for very different purposes. :usa: American Muscle :usa:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe,Dan & Jason

To those that are bored by "Engineering", please do not read
this.

Joe and Jason , you are absolutely correct. Any engineer that has taken courses Metallurgy,Material Science, and Strenght of Materials knows that a designer CANNOT replace Steel with Aluminum , Carbon Fiber and / or any material WITHOUT CHANGING THE DESIGN based on static and dynamic material (fatique) properties.

First, the standard steel frame was digitized to establish fixed points such as body, drivetrain, suspension, bumpers ,etc.

Then ,the clearances (were defined) of the frame which must be maintained to mate with factory component which will still be utilized,

The Stock Steel frame mouted and measured to establisl a minimum Torsional Rigidity Target.

Next a Finite Element Model was created for the Stock Steel Frame utilizing the stock steel thickness and properties after a Metallugical analysis of a a variety of sections/pieces from all over the frame

A Finite Element Analysis was conducted and compared to the ACTUAL Torsional Rigidity measured . Of couse we assumed a Lineal Analysis with no permanent deformation

We also put strain gauges on my near stock vehicle to establish the strain rates in a variety of conditions would see on a road course, etc.

This data was compared to the fea prediction and adjustment made the FEA model and conctraints until in correlated to the actual data gathered from the stock steel frame.

Now we began trying different Aluminum Properties in the model and of course they did not correlete with the same steel shape/ thickness.

Now the time consuming trial and error modofications of the Finite Element Model in the areas of increasing thickness, enlarging sections (where clearances permitted) , adding gussets, etc .

Now we built our first Aluminum Frame to the redesigned FEA model. Actual overall Torsional Rigidity of the first aluminun frame was measured and did not meet the Steel Frame target. We revised the FEA Model until the Aluminum FEA model correlated with the Actual #1 ALuminum frame.

Obviously, the aluminum frame design was improved and a # 2 Aluminum frame was made and tested. This proccess was repeated until the Torsional Rigidity Target was met .

We DID NOT CONDUCT A NONLINEAR ANALYSIS which could conform 55 MPH , Barrier or corner impact.

I hope this brief summary of the frame development proccess
helps your understanding in the effort.

:usa: Engineering is what makes cars run /airplanes fly without selfdistructing :usa: (with the right safety factor)

I am calling ******** until pictures of the car have been posted. Why, with as long as this thread has been in existance, you haven't posted any pictures? :evilmad:

Kenny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am calling ******** until picture of the car have been posted. Why, with as long as this thread has been in existance, you haven't posted any pictures? :evilmad:

Because there are no pictures. This 2600lb. mid 9 sec. car DOES NOT exist. We have already established he straight up lied about Lingenfelter's connection to his vehicle, so he has ZERO credibility.

This guy is a loser. I can get Pitt Formula Racer to come on here and spout engineering [******] ten times as impressive as his little frame development post and that kid is still in college.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
See, all you moderator-haters, this site really is cool! To keep a sense of decency, the secret is to use more than four letters and bold font.

Posted at 19:55 EST 19Jul06