Roe supercharger install is done!!!

viperrmike

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Finished my Roe supercharger install. Sean was very helpfull with questions I had. Did roller rockers as well. It took me about 16 hrs., for both (I didn't work strait through). Instructions were very clear. I just took it to dyno last week and got 633-669 rw hp and 706 and 725 rw torque, with my three runs, very happy. Thanks Sean for the help. Would recommend without hesitation.

Mighty GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Any surprises with the install. I am seriously thinking about the install, but I am not all that with fuel, timing,
map curves and that stuff. I know sean has extensive knowledge with this, but some of the tuners, Macedo, etc.,
seem to think a dyno is really the only way to make max power. I don't have anybody local to me, but I have a lot
of wrenching experience under my belt, and the install
seems straight forward. ITs the tuning that's got me wondering.....

PBJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What kit did you put on ? 5#, 8#, 10# ? What other mods are done to the car ? Why the big difference in dyno numbers on the 3 pulls...was that tuning on the dyno ? That is some stout numbers...most of the 5# kits are around 580/600 and the 8# kits are around 620/640. I just did a 8# with a dry shot and made 705 and 917...with your numbers and a little spray you would be at 750 and 1000.
Later,
Joe

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Other mods? Cam? That is incredible HP if no other mods. My best so far is 591 HP and 640 TQ(8#). Hoping to break the 600 barrier.

OP
OP
V

viperrmike

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a 97 GTS. I had SVSI installed headers, K & N air filter and air box, high flow cats/ Corsa cat back exhaust. Sean recomended Harland Sharp roller rockers, went in well, he reported 30 rwhp increase with supercharger, i believe it. Went with the 8# pully with my pistons. Smile even bigger every time i get in the car.

Stu Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds sweet. Like I always say, "You never have too much horsepower!".

Enjoy,
Viper_Bitten

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow those are some good numbers !! Can you post the dyno sheet ?

Mighty GTS, get you an on board w/b o2 sensor and you will be fine with no dyno. Tune to whatever a/f you want and run as much timing as possible.

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
congrats on the blower. I have a gen 3 and am waiting for roe to release his gen 3 kit.

quick question did you consider the paxton?

vd..

VinR1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
will a 10# pully work ok with 96-99 forged bottom end?? ...and if so, how much hp should one expect?? thats assuming you've added exhaust, rockers, smooth tubes, etc.

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
will a 10# pully work ok with 96-99 forged bottom end?? ...and if so, how much hp should one expect?? thats assuming you've added exhaust, rockers, smooth tubes, etc

The problem you'll have is the stock heads and boost creep. The stock heads with this blower and no charge cooler apparently create more of a restriction & heat at that level than it's worth, so you get little or no return (and might even be worse off) for going beyond the 8 lb pulley. I'm not aware of anyone running a 10 lb pulley with stock heads, and I don't think Sean would recommend it. But then again there is always someone willing to try anything, so maybe someone will chime in.

ChicagoGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Utah is the only one I know of playing with pullies beyond 8lbs. However his heads have been worked and I believe he was running a point lower compression. I think he was also using some type of methenol intercooler setup. Anyway do a search I think he posted a thread on how his car ran up to about 250 degrees when he ran to much boost, besides that I think he recently had a catastrophic engine problem and the last time I heard he was tearing his engine down. I don't think the boost was what did it, I remember it being a mechanical issue of some sort. Anyhow I hope this helps I am running 8lbs myself without any problems and wouldn't want to push the envelope until Sean's intercooler comes out.

SpinMonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This supercharger uses no intercooler?

When you say stock heads you mean stock castings ported too?

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This supercharger uses no intercooler?

Correct, there is currently no intercooler available for it, but Sean has tested a prototype and one should be out in the next few months. The Autorotor doesn't create as much heat as a centrifugal and doesn't need an intercooler at lower boost levels.

When you say stock heads you mean stock castings ported too?

No, I mean stock unported heads. The vast majority of ported heads out there are ported stock heads, given the lack of aftermarket alternative castings (there a few of the Mopar performance heads around, but that's about it).

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have run 13psi of boost with stock forged pistons without any engine problems. However, the intake air temp in normal driving conditions was extremely high and I wouldn't recommend anyone using this pulley without seans intercooler or some other way of making this intake temp drop below 200 degrees. I will continue to run this pulley at the track and anyone else with either water/methanol or an intercooler can do the same, IMHO.

I think the 8lb pulley is the most i would run on a forged piston car with stock heads. As someone else mentioned, boost creep becomes an issue. I think 1tony1 will be trying a 10lb pulley on a stock head car, hopefully he will keep us posted. Also, David Weaver has done several 10lb cars and has a lot of experience with them, maybe he will chime in or you could call him.

I did have a minor problem with my engine that caused a major problem. I had a valve guide break due to cast ported valve guides and weird geometry on my valve train. THis metal went through my engine and caused some damage to my pistons and heads. I could have just replaced the pistons and cleaned up the heads and all probably would have been fine but I decided to do some upgrades anyway.