ROE Supercharger is born tonight

Viperarri

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am as excited about installing my 5lb ROE blower as when I first picked up my Viper for the very first time. The install begins tonight...I hope to make a video of the installation (copying Damn Yankee) as I go. I am going to take my time and enjoy the process. Thanks to all who have provided valuable information and tips.

jwbond

Viper Owner
Reaction score
very cool. I might be doing a 5-6.5lb roe in the next year or so.

Do you have dyno numbers prior to your install? keep us posted on how it goes!

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome in the Canadian Roe Club :)

If you do the installation yourself purchase two WBO from Innovate and connect them to the VEC3. They will help you a LOT in the tuning process. The installation is not difficult, the instructions are very clear. Have a look on this web page: http://www.viperacr.com under tuners you will find a lot of useful information on tuning and so on.

The real difficulty is get experienced in the VEC3 tuning. Be very conservative in your first settings. Once you master the VEC3 you might develop a sever HP addiction. :)

It is worst than any drugs, alcool. You get up at 4AM to speed at 200mph and to gain a couple of HP while tuning your VEC3. If the cops stop you at that speed you better have your tooth brush with you.

ViperBing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have fun! I had a great time installing my Roe. Just took my time and made sure I did everything right.

The only suggestion I have is to change your power steering pulley and bracket while doing the install. The stock power steering pulley is a cheap piece of plastic that will leave you stranded on the side of the road when it grenades.

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have fun! I had a great time installing my Roe. Just took my time and made sure I did everything right.

The only suggestion I have is to change your power steering pulley and bracket while doing the install. The stock power steering pulley is a cheap piece of plastic that will leave you stranded on the side of the road when it grenades.

As I can attest to about a week ago. I may have done more damage than just break the pulley since I didn't realize I had lost my belt on the freeway and overheated the car. PartsRack has the best price that I have seen for the billet set. Well worth the price of the upgrade (about $180).

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am finishing my Roe install. I did the PS pulley / bracket install at the same time. The PS pulley install took about 4 hours total, using the "free" puller / installer from AutoZone. I soaked the pulley / shaft interface overnight with penetrating oil, and it came off without too much effort. But, it fought every inch of the way. Putting the new pulley on required using a vice to hold the installer bolt, and you have to hold the pulley as you tighten the installer. I also used a dremel tool with the small wire brush to make sure the shaft and new pulley were nice and smooth prior to installation. A little lithium grease helped to get it on. It seemed to start on a little crooked at first, but straighten out as I tightened the installer. When done, the pulley was on perfectly.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R