Roe tt set up

Rev Maynard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guysSo I'm ready to make the plunge into forced induction and Im scheduled to get Sean to install his TT "kit" into my 97 rt 10.It's already a venom 600 which blew up (of course) and then the motor was redone by Archer racing in MN. The car is strong making 520 whp and approx 530 lbs in itsncurrent n/a set up.I LOVE turbo cars having several in the past which were highly modified cars, so I'm very excited.Anyone here have seans tt set up? I have seen the videos online ofnseans tt cars and they are sick.....just curious if there was anyone here on the board to dicuss their experience with the set up.Thanks guys

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Sean's TT setup is for the Gen III cars. He might be make a list for th eGen I/II guys. The new 2.8 is a great setup.

OP
OP
R

Rev Maynard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, he def does both gen II and III.Check out his site- he has totally stock gen III's running 7.5 lbs of boost on a totally stock motor making some 800whpI need to figure out my compression ratio and see how much boost I can safely run. Trying to make at least 850 whp. On my set up.

Viper4Christ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, he def does both gen II and III.Check out his site- he has totally stock gen III's running 7.5 lbs of boost on a totally stock motor making some 800whpI need to figure out my compression ratio and see how much boost I can safely run. Trying to make at least 850 whp. On my set up.

From what it sounds, I'd say 9:5:1 or even 10:0:1 perhaps with those rwhp numbers, nice numbers but no t when we're talking about TT, we want that compression lowww... :D

The Roe kits seem to be REALLY strong and at a price that really can't be beat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpaa2B_PUBk&feature=related

Wayne64SS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My only problem with the Roe kit is that they have to do the install there etc. I'm not interested in letting someone work on my car unless it's tuning only.

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The turbo setups are as far as I know, all custom, there are no pre made piping or parts.
Also getting the gas tank out for the pumps and placing the turbos is pretty much a *****.
And then he has to tune the car so I think it's best to just send him the car.

I have the setup and the car runs great. The power is fantastic :> you can see my car here.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.346907825962.149218.240080815962
It will be a blast.

OP
OP
R

Rev Maynard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I jxust checked your dyno. Holy mother....900whp would be my dream. I'm assuming that you had to have your motor work done.What kind of compression do you have and how much boost are you running?Thanks man....your ride is insane!!!!
The turbo setups are as far as I know, all custom, there are no pre made piping or parts.Also getting the gas tank out for the pumps and placing the turbos is pretty much a *****.And then he has to tune the car so I think it's best to just send him the car.I have the setup and the car runs great. The power is fantastic :> you can see my car here.http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.346907825962.149218.240080815962It will be a blast.

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The motor work was done by someone at hendrick motorsports fully built...the compression is stock and running 17 lbs. boost.

Simms:
Im running factory headers but what ever you want to run he will adapt to, its a complete custom job...car by car.
I was getting stoptech breaks. halfshafts. trutrack diff, Iforged rims, and just a ton of money going different places.
Sean did mention getting head work and headers but I wanted to get a SFI powerglide to play around with and I did,
but I never got around to putting it in. I have a nitrous plate system on it but never ran it because the power is enough as is.
If you Rev maynard have head work im sure you can beat my numbers easy.

OP
OP
R

Rev Maynard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did have headwork done, but I'm not sure how easy it's going to be to beat your figures. Do you have any more videos you could share? Would LOVE to hear those turbos blow off!
The motor work was done by someone at hendrick motorsports fully built...the compression is stock and running 17 lbs. boost.Simms:Im running factory headers but what ever you want to run he will adapt to, its a complete custom job...car by car.I was getting stoptech breaks. halfshafts. trutrack diff, Iforged rims, and just a ton of money going different places. Sean did mention getting head work and headers but I wanted to get a SFI powerglide to play around with and I did,but I never got around to putting it in. I have a nitrous plate system on it but never ran it because the power is enough as is.If you Rev maynard have head work im sure you can beat my numbers easy.

OP
OP
R

Rev Maynard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Status update on this.

Afer shipping the car to Sean in the beginning of this year, it was found that my motor had some major issues since the tune on it was far too lean. We had to do a near full re-build. As of now, it's 99% complete and I expect to have the car back in about a week.

I'll post pics. and dyno figures once she's all done.

OP
OP
R

Rev Maynard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
So! The Sean from ROE Racing has jsut started to tune the car. With just 2 light pulls to 5K, the car made 809 WHP and 878 TQ. I can't wait to see what it does once Sean has it dailed in!!!!!!!!! So pumped!
I'll keep you all posted.

Pic attached of the screen shot of the dyno. Enjoy.

OP
OP
R

Rev Maynard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What size turbos does this kit use?

The kit uses 62mm billet wheel turbos. We have hit a stumbling block as Sean thinks there is a fuel issue (likely bad injectors). Sean how to stop the dyno and start digging into what the issue is and if there was damage as a result.

*****. I'll keep you posted as things develop.

OP
OP
R

Rev Maynard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most recent update. Quote from Sean below. I feel bad because Sean runs a good honest shop.....so he's taking all this on the chin (as far as absorbing additional expenses). His update below."the pistons will have to replaced because they’ve compressed at the rings and the rings are now tighter in the pistons. So, once they’ve honed the cylinders and determined the bore, I’ll be ordering pistons, rings and new bearings.As you can imagine, all this is not good news. I asked Mark (the owner) if he had any ideas about how all this occurred. He said it looks like it probably pushed some water into the cylinders at some point while running when the head gasket let go and it also has signs of detonation, which didn’t make sensor to me at first since there’s no sign of it on the plugs and the AF ratio’s were in line.Based on something Mark mentioned and I remembered from earlier, I think I’m going to have to look into your camshaft specification. Do you know anything about the cam or do you have the cam card? Mark had said the cam can make a big difference in cylinder pressures (which I know from NA motor testing), and that it could be too high when coupled with forced induction. Could make sense on both why the head gaskets blew and why this engine made significantly more power than any other at a relatively modest boost level. If this line of thinking (the line of thinking that’s trying to determine how this chain of events occurred) comes to some conclusion that allows us to say cylinder pressure lead to possible detonation and ultimate gasket failure / liner drop, I think we should change the cam, or drop the boost level.I’m looking forward to getting past all this so that I can ultimately get back to doing what I do on these, which is tune. I’ve only got about an hour in on that job"

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear. Are you Mark or is he the Dyno shop owner? Kind of confused with that portion. Did the motor have stock head bolts or ARP Studs? What type of cam were you using? I'm heading down there at the end of the month for a tune on my 2.8L head/cam car.

OP
OP
R

Rev Maynard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark is the owner of the engine builder down the street. the car did have APR headstuds but we still had detonation. not sure of the cam that's in the car currently as it was the previous owners and so we have to look into that now. I'll continue to keep you guys posted. Sean has been awesome through this whole process and I feel bad as I know he's not making any money on this build now.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth