Roll Bar for my Twin Turbo Viper

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need information or opinions on where or who I can buy a BOLT-IN 4 pt Roll Bar for my 1998 GTS??? Is there one that is any easier then another to install?? Recommended brand over another?

All input is greatly appreciated....Thanks in advance....

"MERRY CHRISTMAS' :usa: :2tu: :drive::eater:

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have talked with Jon B at Parts Rack for my 03 vert. I am sure he can set you up with something for yours. Check out his website.

OP
OP
R

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Autoform bar. I like it, but I can not adjust my seat back all the way anymore.

Did you install it yourself? Was it hard to do? How long did it take?? I am 5'9" so letting the seat back is no problem for me.....Thanks for the input.....:2tu: :rolleyes:

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you install it yourself? Was it hard to do? How long did it take?? I am 5'9" so letting the seat back is no problem for me.....Thanks for the input.....:2tu: :rolleyes:

Yes, I did the install. I didn't think it was hard to do. You have to remove both your seats, the bulck head, and the other two rear/side interior panels. The Autoform bar comes with a new rear bulck head that you can use. The other option is cutting up your factory one. I used the one provided, but cut and mated the factory glove box to it. Larry Macedo showed me some nice tips during the install as well. Be careful when you pull the carpet back. You need to do this to mount the bar. Another tip is to use a roto zip bit (installed in a dremel) to cut/trim the factory fiberglass on the bulckhead.

Take a look in the illustrated upgrades, there used to be a very nice write up on installing an Autoform bar.

Took me one afternoon to install. Its also a good time to install 5 or 6 point harnesses while you are in there.

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I also installed a Autoform. Was not to bad to do and I custom fit my bulkhead trim. Jon B can get you a Autoform..

OP
OP
R

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for ther feedback, sorry I took so long, but I just found this one from JON-B. He had 2 left over from Daves Big Brakes to get rid of. I wanted Auto Form but settled for this one. :rolleyes: :drive:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
can the BBD rollbar allow for the seat to go back all the way ?

that is the reason i dont have one in mine already. i cant afford ANY loss of legroom

OP
OP
R

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
can the BBD rollbar allow for the seat to go back all the way ?

that is the reason i dont have one in mine already. i cant afford ANY loss of legroom

No Plum, it won't go all the way back.. I am only 5'9" so for me it is no problem....:rolleyes:

Glen97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for ther feedback, sorry I took so long, but I just found this one from JON-B. He had 2 left over from Daves Big Brakes to get rid of. I wanted Auto Form but settled for this one. :rolleyes: :drive:
Roy,
Thanks for the head's up but I'm going to hold out for the Autoform. I like the look of the double hoop. How about some pictures after you get it in.
Glen

OP
OP
R

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glen

I just talked to Steve at Autoform and he has one right now ready to ship or anyone else who is wanting it call him quick before it gets gone. :eater:

OP
OP
R

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Roy which roll bar did you buy? Does he have a picture of it on his website?

I bought a Dave's Big Brakes Roll Bar for $799. The Auto Form is $1200. I don't know the public opinion of the one I bought but I believe the AutoForm one is probly nicer. It bolts in, There is a picture of it if you type Daves Big Brakes....:dunno: :eater:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235