Rotting Rear Window Gasket

Freddog11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like many others with RT/10s, the window seal on mine was in terrible shape. I've had the top off and the back window out for the last couple months because the weather was nice, but lately its just been too hot. I ordered a couple VMania windows for the sides from JonB at PartsRack, can't wait til they get here. Until then, I decided to fix the rotted seal around the rear window. A search of the site and I found some great illustrated threads on how to fix it using some aftermarket material found on the internet. I decided to look around town, checking some of the glass shops to see if they would do it for me. I found a shop near home and explained to the lady that owns the shop what I wanted done and told her that the factory replacement was only available as a whole window, including hardware, and the dealership wanted about $600 for it. She told me to leave the window overnight and she would have one of the techs look at it. She calls me back today and tells me that they didn't really feel they could do a good enough job for such a nice car, but she found a supplier that she could get the factory window, including new hardware, for $200. Great price, so I told her to order it. About 2 hours later, she calls back and tells me the window is there. I go to pick it up and its a brand new Mopar rear window with all the hardware. I still think its a great deal.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, I asked her if I could post the price if more are available at the same price. She told me she would honor the same price and there are plenty. I don't know if I'm allowed to post the name and number of the shop, I don't want to step on any toes or post Spam here, so let me know if I can post it, or shoot me a PM and I'll give you the contact info. I'll post pictures soon, I'm going to have it tinted to match the VMania windows when I get them.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
......explained to the lady that owns the shop what I wanted done and told her that the factory replacement was only available as a whole window, including hardware, and the dealership wanted about $600 for it.......

PartsRack has your Gen 1 rear window assembly complete with seal and glass and hinges-hardware for $349, New Old Stock. $200 is amazing !

OP
OP
F

Freddog11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know there are differences in the hardware on the windows, mine is a '96 and has the spring loaded pins on top and 3 leather straps and snaps on the bottom. I don't know if the other ones might be more, but I doubt if it would be much. JonB, I don't want to step on your toes, especially when you've been so great to everyone here, me included, I can't wait for those windows to get here. But, I feel this is a great deal and a service to anyone who wants a good price on something everyone seems to want so I'm going to post the info. If there's a problem, I hope the moderators remove it and let me know. I have no affiliation with this company and make no money off the deal. Here it is.

Desert Breeze Glass
2602 W. Baseline Rd. #3
Mesa AZ 85202
(480) 752-8191
www.desertbreezeglass.com

The owner's name is Cathryn and she did the searching to find me that price and told me she would honor the price if anyone else is interested.

It appears to be a factory Mopar part and came in a Mopar box, all hardware included.

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen1 and Gen2 won't interchange. I looked for glass too and didn't want to spend that much. I found a real narrow 'S' style rubber mold that I weather strip glued to the glass after the old was cut off. It worked grest and just a slight wrinkle in the lower corners.

OP
OP
F

Freddog11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sorry to say that a couple people got in on this great deal, but the few that were left are gone...the supply dried up and she now tells me they only have one more available for a substantially higher price. Jon B's price is better. Anyway, for those of you who got in on the deal, great.

I can't seem to be able to edit the post with the contact info, but if one of the moderators could please remove the phone and address listed, it would be appreciated. I don't want the poor people at the glass shop to have to field any calls they can't be of service on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21