Enthusiast
Reaction score
*click thread*

"Oh. My. Gawd, about time!"

*closes video, starts to dream..*

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea I was curious, was that tire spin or something else at 140ish mph?
5th gear?

OP
OP
W

Will at RSI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Totally "Bad A$$". Sounded like it started spinning the tires about 3/4 of the way through. Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

You are right! Even with drag radials we couldn't get it to hook on the dyno. The turbos hit really hard! We should have the car reassembled and on the street in a few days for some more videos and full traction control tuning!

OP
OP
W

Will at RSI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony,
We added 700 lbs and still spun like crazy. That was a 5th gear pull with 300lbs in the hatch.

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! Cracked the computer? Or did away with it? I guess as the old saying goes if you have to ask you probably can't afford it but........ Any idea on pricing?

That's a lot of power!

OP
OP
W

Will at RSI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! Cracked the computer? Or did away with it? I guess as the old saying goes if you have to ask you probably can't afford it but........ Any idea on pricing?

That's a lot of power!

We had a Motec system working on the Gen 4 in 2008 and a car that made over 1700HP running in 2009. This car is running an Pectel EMS with our proprietary firmware that we developed for the Gen 4 and 5 platforms. This system give us the ability to complete these projects at a much lower cost than before.

Our entry level turbo systems for the Gen 4 are $25,000.00 installed.

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, did not know any of this. And $25k! Wow. I'm impressed. Is there info on your website for what's included in that and HP etc?!?!

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score

$25k is not a bad price considering it includes the install, Pectel and tuning. Two questions I have as I looked on your product list for the Gen 4.

1. Does the Pectel interface with all the other sensors on the car, like seat belt and seat sensors, air bags, antilock brakes, etc? I saw you had "Note: Pectel EMS are not ODB2 compatible" on your website describing the Gen 4 kit.
What does that mean exactly? What parameters are not going to work, if any?

2. Can you post any videos showing if the throttle response is improved with your tuning over the Vipers stock crappy throttle response? God I'd wish somebody could come up with a reasonable cost fix for NA Gen 4's.

Cheers,
George

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$25k is not a bad price considering it includes the install, Pectel and tuning. Two questions I have as I looked on your product list for the Gen 4.

1. Does the Pectel interface with all the other sensors on the car, like seat belt and seat sensors, air bags, antilock brakes, etc? I saw you had "Note: Pectel EMS are not ODB2 compatible" on your website describing the Gen 4 kit.
What does that mean exactly? What parameters are not going to work, if any?

2. Can you post any videos showing if the throttle response is improved with your tuning over the Vipers stock crappy throttle response? God I'd wish somebody could come up with a reasonable cost fix for NA Gen 4's.

Cheers,
George

Mopar ECU made a world of difference on my Gen 4 to me. Id suggest starting there to heal that throttle issue.

-Tim

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mopar ECU made a world of difference on my Gen 4 to me. Id suggest starting there to heal that throttle issue.

-Tim

Unfortunately already have one. Apparently the 2009's had a little better improvement over the 2008's but I really didn't notice enough difference with the Mopar PCM to justify the cost based on the crappy throttle feel. My car revs like a banshee once the inch or so of dead throttle pedal distance has been taken up. I just hate the tip in and vague response I get compared to all my other cars. But once the tach starts to move, it moves very well. I also have a lighter clutch/flywheel which helps with a faster rev, but not the fly by wire tip in dead spot. I firmly believe it is a stupid programming issue and one that SRT will not or cannot comment on. I wish they would offer some sort of re-program for the Mopar PCM to allow better tip in throttle response since it is an off road part they sold me and is not held back by emissions requirements like the stock system is. Until then, I've personally boycotted all Chrysler products for the lack of customer support. I figure it will only cost them about $150k just this year alone (already bought the wife a 2013 Range Rover and I'm now looking for a new 1 ton pickup). I guess Ford will get my money since I just can't seem get behind the GM truck look and feel. I will not even look at a Jeep SRT8 or the 3500 Ram with Cummins. The ****** is I really dig the looks and interior on the new Ram trucks :mad:

Cheers,
George

dester243

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think you get the pectel for 25k. I think for 25k you get the fmu engine management. At least that's what I understood when I clicked the link

Edit. I read wrong. Maybe it does come with it. I saw fuel pressure regulator and thought fmu. My bad.

OP
OP
W

Will at RSI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HP is based on modification and price is based on options. Ballpark for an NA setup would be about $7000.00 installed and tuned.

eabrillon1978

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was curious. Looking at the Dynosheet MPH is that a 5 gear pull? Syncro upgrade?

Man that cars throws down some power. Spinning the tires at that high of a speed!

Looking to get an upgrade on the tranny soon, so I'm curious. You guys sell the 6060's ready to drop in the gen 2's correct?