Sacramento Area Vipers

OP
OP
C

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a Euro Sunday tomorrow at Quarry Ponds in Granite Bay on Douglas Blvd Roseville...8-10 a.m. I will be there to talk/meet any area Viper owners about potential meetings.
Brian Barnes
Red/black 08 ACR

OP
OP
C

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all,in case you missed it, we are having a Viper meeting this Tuesday the 1st at 6:30. It will be at the ******* Resaurant located at 3541 Truxel Rd. in Sacramento off of I-80. Would love to see you all there.I have sent some of you PM's with my number if you have any questions. So far 9 cars have said yes to being there.
Brian

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nearly impossible to get there from Napa during comute hours. I think it would be no less than a 2 hour ride. Keep me posted on anything you guys come up with. Looking forward to Sept 26th.

OP
OP
C

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nearly impossible to get there from Napa during comute hours. I think it would be no less than a 2 hour ride. Keep me posted on anything you guys come up with. Looking forward to Sept 26th.

Ok it must be 3 small kids...what is on Sept. 26th?

OP
OP
C

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a last minute reminder for those in the Sacramento region...a River City Viper meeting tonight! 6:30 p.m. at ******* Restaurant- 3541 Truxel Road in Sacramento right off of I-80. We have all years of Vipers coming including a Comp Coupe. Everyone is welcome!
Brian

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a last minute reminder for those in the Sacramento region...a River City Viper meeting tonight! 6:30 p.m. at ******* Restaurant- 3541 Truxel Road in Sacramento right off of I-80. We have all years of Vipers coming including a Comp Coupe. Everyone is welcome!
Brian

Are ya towing that Comp Coupe? Or did you street legalize one? Or... should we ask the CHiPpers to look the other way? :D

OP
OP
C

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How'd the dinner go? I got stuck in traffic around Vallejo and turned home. Planning on a next event?

Oh yeah...
:needpics:

We had 9 cars show up and 11 owners plus some spouses/friends. 4 others who RSVP's didn't show for a varierty of reasons but said they would be there next month. It went from 6 to after 9:30. We are planning on meeting again next month on the first Tuesday again. We discussed social/track events coming up and what everyone is looking for in a club. I think everyone had a great time and made some new Viper friends. We will post pictures this evening. We had everything from our Comp Coupe, a new ACR to an amazing Heffner Twin Turbo and everyting in between show up.
Brian

OP
OP
C

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are pictures from our first meeting.
Brian

Attachments

• DSC_4604.jpg
    DSC_4604.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC_4605.jpg
    DSC_4605.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC_4606.jpg
    DSC_4606.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC_4608.jpg
    DSC_4608.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC_4610.jpg
    DSC_4610.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 28

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel your guy's pain. I was in Santa Rosa last Friday. I left there after 3. It took me nearly 4 hours to get back to San Jose. Not bad for a 2 hour drive!

OP
OP
C

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel your guy's pain. I was in Santa Rosa last Friday. I left there after 3. It took me nearly 4 hours to get back to San Jose. Not bad for a 2 hour drive!

That is why none of us in the Sacramento region go to the meetings in San Jose or Fresno-it would be 4 plus hours! That is why we are doing meetings in this region.
Brian

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a good time at *******....weather was perfect and the group was fun. Thanks for the effort of putting it all together.

Somehow I missed this on the schedule, but there is a weekend autocross at Mather AFB put on by the Sac Chapter of the SCCA. Luckily I found this out at the meeting.

I'm working this weekend but will try to make it out for at least Saturdays run, hope we have some Vipers come out and have fun.

Cheers,
George

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is why none of us in the Sacramento region go to the meetings in San Jose or Fresno-it would be 4 plus hours! That is why we are doing meetings in this region.
Brian

I'm caught in the middle... 2 hrs north or 2 hrs south... in moderate Bay Area traffic! My time is too valuable to spend in traffic for a social gathering.

Maybe the Tri-Bridge (GoldGate, Bay, Richmond) region people should have a separate meeting as well. Anyone game for that?

I feel bad for the guys up in Humboldt. NorCal is waaay too big of an area. :smirk:

Brad04Mamba

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Brian, it starts with a meeting. Back in 1999 (i think) we had the same problem, too far to drive to northern cali meetings so we started our own club. Luckily National was still allowing new chapters at the time and we were able to get charteded. I don't think you can do that now, but if all you want to do is meet once a month just do it. Set up a meeting with a few guys who want to try and set up a monthly meeting during the week. If you guys want to organize an event let us know and we'll see if we can't hook up with you from down south.

Here is a picture from out first meeting, it started small but we've had over 100 members at one time. Of course you will get a core group and the eventual stray will show up once in while. But its worth doing.

First_Meeting.jpg

Brad Homen
Central California Treasurer

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brian, it starts with a meeting. Back in 1999 (i think) we had the same problem, too far to drive to northern cali meetings so we started our own club. Luckily National was still allowing new chapters at the time and we were able to get charteded. I don't think you can do that now, but if all you want to do is meet once a month just do it. Set up a meeting with a few guys who want to try and set up a monthly meeting during the week. If you guys want to organize an event let us know and we'll see if we can't hook up with you from down south.

Here is a picture from out first meeting, it started small but we've had over 100 members at one time. Of course you will get a core group and the eventual stray will show up once in while. But its worth doing.

First_Meeting.jpg

Brad Homen
Central California Treasurer
Don't need the hassles of starting a new chapter... just getting some guys together would be nice. Anyone in the tri-bridge area, shoot me a PM if you want to start something.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not set up some more easily accessible regional meetings on different nights than the Norcal VCA meet night, might make for better attendance and could create extra attendance

Glen97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the past several of us have meet one Saturday a month in Folsom late morning. I talked to Wayne last night and he would like to get the Saturday meeting going again starting Saturday October 10th and continue to meet the 2nd Saturday of each month. If others want to get together during the week that's good but some of us can't make it on week nights. I will post the information as soon as I get it from Wayne.

OP
OP
C

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello All,

This is just a reminder that we are having another "River City Viper Club" meeting next week, Tuesday October 6th, at ******* Restaurant "Natomas". The restaurant is located at 3541 Truxel Rd. in Sacramento, right off of I-80. While this meeting is focused on the Viper, everyone is encouraged to attend. We start at 6:00 p.m. Last time we found out about the great run we had this past weekend. I know Wendy and I met some great "car people" on Saturday! Who knows what great plans we can make together if everyone attends. Feel free to pass this invitation to others. We hope to see everyone there!

Brian & Wendy Barnes
(916) 230-4750

GforcesinCA

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm caught in the middle... 2 hrs north or 2 hrs south... in moderate Bay Area traffic! My time is too valuable to spend in traffic for a social gathering.

Maybe the Tri-Bridge (GoldGate, Bay, Richmond) region people should have a separate meeting as well. Anyone game for that?

I feel bad for the guys up in Humboldt. NorCal is waaay too big of an area. :smirk:

Im over in Benicia and would welcome a get together in the East/North Bay area any time. Same issue as others - traffic going north or south makes anything on weeknights a non-starter. Will send PM as suggested.

ACR VYPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I work in Benicia and live in Vacaville. I travel everyday on I-80/I-680. Let's get together for a coffee!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave