Sacramento Raceway June 14th , drag racing

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jon 2002 GTS ACR and I will be heading to Sacramento Raceway on saturday June 14th. They are running a test n tune from 12-4pm and then grudge night racing from 6-10pm.

We will probably just do test n tune. You get more runs in and back to back runs usually to be able to work and try different techniques. Anyone interested in joining is welcome to follow us up there or meet us there.

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Mike I might like to go up and try to beat my last time. I was wondering what has the Quafe done for you and what tires are you running I want to get some drag tires as even my PS2's are loose. Not sure thats a bad thing (nothing is breaking) Any suggestions I wrote to Jon at PR but yet to here back. I went to Infenion this last Sat and ran but, some wheel hop and traction issues. Way better than the run flats but still lacking. Any thoughts???
Chris Canyon Napa Ca

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have not ran at track since adding Paxton and quaife. So its all experimental to me. But from what I feel on the street and in the hills the quaife feels great. More predictable. Im liking it. Sorry, not much advice to give. Ill know more after saturday.

wigginz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mike, do you know if there are any entrance requirements? Safety check, tech inspection, etc.? Probably find it on their web site I'd imagine right? Tempted to go, not much going on this weekend and it's been way too long since I've been on the track.

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mike, do you know if there are any entrance requirements? Safety check, tech inspection, etc.? Probably find it on their web site I'd imagine right? Tempted to go, not much going on this weekend and it's been way too long since I've been on the track.

They are pretty leniant on grudge night and test n tune. Since its not a actual event like bracket racing or a race series. But there are still basic requirments, like a helmet, basic safety of car, good tires, no leaks. They really dont hammer you until you run a 10 second pass. Then they expect roll cage, and other safety items. You should try to come out.:2tu:

wigginz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They are pretty leniant on grudge night and test n tune. Since its not a actual event like bracket racing or a race series. But there are still basic requirments, like a helmet, basic safety of car, good tires, no leaks. They really dont hammer you until you run a 10 second pass. Then they expect roll cage, and other safety items. You should try to come out.:2tu:

Sounds like I'm OK then :) except the helmet though, still don't have my own. Do you know if they rent them there? I really should just get one. Do a lot of people show up? Have you had to wait long before your runs?

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sounds like I'm OK then :) except the helmet though, still don't have my own. Do you know if they rent them there? I really should just get one. Do a lot of people show up? Have you had to wait long before your runs?

I use my streetbike helmet. I used to have $600 helmets. Now I just bring a $100 helmet I picked up at motorcycle shop. That way if I lose it, drop it, etc, Im not pissed. But it gets me thru tech.

And usually you'll run and it might be 10 minutes before your next run to 30 minutes or more. Dpends on crowd and if there are any track issues. It can be dead one night and packed another.Not sure how it will be saturday, since its going to be warmer. Either everyone is going to want to get out or stay away from the heat. Tough call. Either way Im headed up to have some fun.

VPR RACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I use my streetbike helmet. I used to have $600 helmets. Now I just bring a $100 helmet I picked up at motorcycle shop. That way if I lose it, drop it, etc, Im not pissed. But it gets me thru tech.

And usually you'll run and it might be 10 minutes before your next run to 30 minutes or more. Dpends on crowd and if there are any track issues. It can be dead one night and packed another.Not sure how it will be saturday, since its going to be warmer. Either everyone is going to want to get out or stay away from the heat. Tough call. Either way Im headed up to have some fun.

Would love to join you guys but VCA Northern Calif is having a meet at the Arlen Ness factory on the same day.
Can you use motorcycle helmets for the drag strip? Is it different from road racing ala Viper days?

Bill

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Would love to join you guys but VCA Northern Calif is having a meet at the Arlen Ness factory on the same day.
Can you use motorcycle helmets for the drag strip? Is it different from road racing ala Viper days?

Bill

yes, you can use a motorycle helmet,just has to have he right Snell/dot #, meaning its a newer helmet.

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So how did it run on Saturday?????? I want to get some tires for mine before I go again, I have some PS2's but still not biting that well. I am thinking of some Hoosiers for the rear. Any thoughts??

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So how did it run on Saturday?????? I want to get some tires for mine before I go again, I have some PS2's but still not biting that well. I am thinking of some Hoosiers for the rear. Any thoughts??

Best I could get was 11.3 @ 129mph with a 1.91 60 ft. This was in 90 degree heat.
I was on my 19/20 set up with PS2's.

It was still fun, but I know the car has more. I drove 2 hours from San Jose, let car sit about 30 minutes then started running. It never really had a chance to cool as it was just too hot outside. The Paxton was always too hot to touch. So I'll go again in fall when its about 60 out and get some high 10's.

It was pretty crazy too, it was so hot out and it would sticck pretty good in 1st gear and second, but halfway down track when i shifted 3rd, it spun up and when I grabbed 4th hard it spun up, you can even hear it in one of my videos my Fiance took. I guess the last part of track isnt prepped so it doesnt stick as well even in the heat.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Heres one run, where it spins up in 4th. I remeber it hapening and thinking it was strange. Its funny as you can actually hear the exhaust change in video as it spins.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Heres my 11.3 vid. Not great for a Paxton car, but Im still happy since it was so hot.

You must be registered for see images attach

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice run Mike what tires?? what pressure? I was going to go up there but Sac was to hot that day and probably won't cool down till fall. Glad you had fun, Have you upgraded your half shafts??

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice run Mike what tires?? what pressure? I was going to go up there but Sac was to hot that day and probably won't cool down till fall. Glad you had fun, Have you upgraded your half shafts??

Im on 19/20" PS2's. I have them set cold for street at 32. When I got to track after drving from San Jose, they were at about 38lbs hot, so I dropped them to 32 hot, then dropped to 28, 25, finally 22lbs hot and started getting 1,8/1.9 60 fts.

I used to run the runflats at 25lbs hot, with 500 rwhp and got 1.8 60 fts. It just so easy to spin them up now with the 3:33's and paxton, even on a hot day.

I havent upgraded half shafts. I probably wont, unless I break something. I probably wont go back till fall either, it was just too damn hot. Ill wait for some 60 degree weather.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62