Salvage yards in the NoVA / MD area?

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife hit a BIG pothole in our Navigator and bent a rim that is now slowly leaking air. I've found a few places with replacements, but would require shipping. Anyone know of any good local salvage yards that might have a couple of take-offs?

Thanks.

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife hit a BIG pothole in our Navigator and bent a rim that is now slowly leaking air. I've found a few places with replacements, but would require shipping. Anyone know of any good local salvage yards that might have a couple of take-offs?

I would try the parking lot at Tyson's. After dark is the best time. That's where someone acquired a foglight housing for a 2002 Suburban, courtesy of my wifes car.

Let me know if you need a getaway driv.... I mean if you need any help.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would try the parking lot at Tyson's. After dark is the best time. That's where someone acquired a foglight housing for a 2002 Suburban, courtesy of my wifes car.

Ba...HHHahahaaaaa........ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:rolaugh::omg::rolaugh::omg::rolaugh:

=J

OP
OP
K

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not get it fixed? Bent rim repair is about $125-150 if you can't find replacement.

Thought about that, but the wheels on the car now are pretty trashed from 9 years of brake dust and stuff and I can get an A grade replacement for $65-75.

Regarding car-parts.com, I have the wheel priced out there, I was just thinking maybe someone knew a local place to speed up the process and save on shipping.

Thanks all.

OP
OP
K

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm appalled that you would suggest that I would steal something in the middle of the night. Who do you think I am???

eh....meet me there at 2 AM and bring a jack, Jack. :rolaugh:

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought about that, but the wheels on the car now are pretty trashed from 9 years of brake dust and stuff and I can get an A grade replacement for $65-75.

Thanks all.

That's definitely the way to go. Just make sure it's a reputable company you get it from with a guarantee it will be within OEM spec (i.e. no more that .030" out of round)
-Chip

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had good luck using the local salvage yards... Yellow Pages and let your fingers do the walking.. Try Hubcap Haven for wheels ....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine