sanity check

purplesnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Am I the only one? I have an 08 with 5k miles on it and I have just about rubbed the paint off of it this time of year. I just came in from about an hour and and a half of wintertime therapy, and it made me wonder if I was the only crazy person that had waxed cleaned and rubbed as much as I have. I have a buddy here in town that has 7 of these beasts, and I am embarrassed to ask him if he even comes close to this kind of attention (even exponentially)?:crazy2:

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i used to be the same way- now i do very little and still keep it looking good- but if it makes you happy- do it!!!!...

OP
OP
P

purplesnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I meant this for the general discussions. I am not used to the Gen V forum being there.

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
:2tu: I believe I understand where you're coming from. I do the following every month. ( Doesn't everyone ?) :dunno:

1) Wash car, Blow off with air, Wax.
2) Put on Jack Stands, Remove tires/rims. Check tires for any damage,cuts,nails,etc.
3) Remove Belly pan. Check everything,fluids, bolts,etc.
4) Completely clean tires/rims, check air pressure.
5) Clean fenderwells, Air off Disk Brake Pads, clean Calipers,check, etc.
6) 3,000 miles change Engine oil (Mobil One) :rolleyes:
7) Clean / Reoil K&N Air Filters.
8) Underhood inspection, "Check Everything"
9) Check Battery, load test, clean/check terminals.
10) Clean / Vacumn interior & Trunk area.

:headbang::headbang: We don't want a mechanical failure when we're letting her "Stretch Her Legs" if ya know what I Mean.:rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh:

viper k

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LA VIPER i can't belive you do the cleaning only once a month i do that every week + i add # 11 wax my bb exhaust

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i am a bit over the top too. The rims come off 4 times a year and all suspension components are washed and waxed.

Bruce

Mad Max

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am I the only one? I have an 08 with 5k miles on it and I have just about rubbed the paint off of it this time of year. I just came in from about an hour and and a half of wintertime therapy, and it made me wonder if I was the only crazy person that had waxed cleaned and rubbed as much as I have. I have a buddy here in town that has 7 of these beasts, and I am embarrassed to ask him if he even comes close to this kind of attention (even exponentially)?:crazy2:

1st time Viper owner as of 12-23-11. Got to drive it home and drove it on the 24th and 25th. Put it up for the rest of the winter. Read where at least 3 Vipers have been totaled with guys driving in the cool if not cold tempertures. Mine is staying parked until it gets to 60 degrees. I still wake up in the morning and ask myself did I really buy a Viper? Man I can't wait for it to warm up.:omg:

98 Red GTS Belanger Exhaust

F

FrgMstr

I've been driving the hell out of mine!

Beautiful Texas weather and 100's of miles of twisties this last weekend! Even when we had to slow down! :D

You must be registered for see images

OK, coming home kinda sucked....

You must be registered for see images

lmcgrew79

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You not the only one, in between putting parts on mine i spent 8 hrs last weekend doing paint correction. I to clean the underside, suspension components.
Winter mods in the last few months ive done myself include
MCS Suspension
Stoptech rotors
ACR Sidewinders
MGW Shifter
Polished Aluminum Underpan!
Brake fluid flush
Ebrake Pads
Brake Pads
Speed Bleeders
Trans Flush
Diff Flush
Oil/Air Seperator
Power Steering Flush
Paint correction.
Passenger side window replacement
Aero Install
Spark plugs and AB wires now.
Not sure what ill do next winter. Wife told me she was gonna put a bed out in the garage for me:)

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is better than show room....never seen water,dry wash frequently as well as all the other cars...
You must be registered for see images attach