Sapphire Blue Comments......

Discussion in 'Archive Management' started by 2charmed, Jul 8, 2001.

1. 2charmed

2charmed Enthusiast

I have had my Sapphire Blue ACR now for about four months.
    I ordered it and had to wait for a long time. (about 9 months)
    There weren't any good pictures as it is a hard color to take pictures of and I still haven't seen any pictures that do it justice. When it's clean and out in the sun light it is an awesome color! (it's hard to keep clean though) If you want bright loud colors, Red or Yellow may be for you. I have both on my Vettes and have had a Red Viper also. The Sapphire Blue is by far a much cooler color! It is "Stealthier" than the others but
    still gets a whole lot of attention!
    Regards,
    Steve

2. VIPERESS

VIPERESS Enthusiast

Hey Steve,
    It looks just beautiful!!! I especially like the tan interior with the sapphire, gives it a very rich and classy look. You see Steve, good things come to those who wait, and some things are definitely worth the wait!
    Congratulations, enjoy and be safe.
    Laura[​IMG][​IMG]

3. Viper Wizard

Viper Wizard Viper Owner

Larry, The count on 01 Viper"s aren"t in yet, they"re still building. Sapphire Blue is a one year run. 02"s colors have been confrimed- Graphite Metallic - Viper Race Yellow & Viper Red.

Hi Steve

4. Steve Miehe

Steve Miehe Enthusiast

Agree that the blue is hard to keep clean, but when it is clean, it looks great. Also tough to keep the swirl marks out of the finish. Have all but stopped using the Z-2 and use z-5 exclusively. Amazing how much better the paint is applied to viper as opposed to Caravan or Intrepid!!!

5. dmora

dmora Enthusiast

Theres a guy around town with one of those.... real nice looking, I like this Saphire better... iTs Royal Saphire Pearl.
    the picture doesnt do it justice unfortunately.

[​IMG]

6. gozer

gozer Enthusiast

Steve,

I dont remember where I got this picture (from this board I think) But it is the best one I have found. It made me decide to go for no stripes.

[​IMG]

The Sapphire is definately hard to keep clean, but I have had about 10 people tell me that it is the best looking Viper they have seen.

Ken

7. gozer

gozer Enthusiast

Chris,

Sorry I didnt give you proper credit in my previous post. It is a great photo!

Ken

8. Y2K5SRT

Y2K5SRT VCA Member - West

Sorry, missed this post before. This is just an awesome color and there are very few pictures that capture it well. I was pretty pleased with this one. I posted this in another thread, but what the heck:

[​IMG]

Of course, I am somewhat partial to this shot because I took it myself last year. The car was one of the 2001's Dodge brought to VOI 6 and was the first anybody had seen of the new colors. I absolutely LOVE this color and would almost trade my black/silver in on one. With stripes, of course. Absolutely gorgeous!

Chris

9. Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse VCA Member - West

Chris,
    Agree that it is an extremely gorgeous color, and don't know why DC is only doing it this year? We have a couple Blue/Stripe GTS's and one ACR with the same combo, but we just recently got in some solid Blue ones. It has been extremely hard to guess when you would get a Blue one from DC this year, but we only have a few left ( on order ) so they may be winding down on this color for good , now. We'd be happy to trade your Black and Silver Snake, but somehow it's even hard for me to imagine you with a different color ---------------Someday,ha.