Sat inside the new 2013...DAMN IT !! NO ROOM compared to my gen2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
went to the dealer yesterday and sat in the new 2013..... big ****... less room inside than my 1997 gts.... I guess Ralph Gilles is not that big of a guy !!. i am 6'2'' and 290lbs and the worst offensively tight area is the left door shoulder room or lack of it since I can barely turn the steering wheel with my left arm because it is wedged between my chest and the left driver door panel.... I left the dealership in my C6 corvette that felt like a motorhome inside compared to the viper....guess I am buying the new C&7 Vette instead... The 2013 viper cabin is tighter than my 1997 GTS viper cabin and the overhang of the roof down to the top edge of the windshield is way too low. Could barely see out off the car unless I ducked down. I see the stupid italian quirky nature added to the car. EVEN the owner of the dealership agreeded the new 2013 was tighter than the old gen 2 cars. so pissed....

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That does ****. I am the same height and have always had to use the 2" seat lowering kit.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am 6'2" and have sat in them twice and had plenty of headroom. If seat wasn't adjusted them maybe why you had visibility issues.

As far as feeling cramped, that's another issue.

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was at Laguna Seca today, and checked out the two Gen Vs they had on display. Venom Red,and red with the track pack option. The cars to me look too much like my 97 GTS. Too much in a bad way IMO. I'm really glad I got my 10 ACR. I feel like this is the perfect combo to have. Of course with my C6Z06 too..:)

btw, I saw the new C7 corvette for the first time there. A blue one, and it is a nice looking car..I can't wait to check out the C7 Z06..

OP
OP
K

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The seat was all the way down, all the way back, and all the way reclined. The 2013 has no shoulder room as compared to the 1997 GTS that I own. Closing the drivers door pressed my arm into my chest and abdomen. Leg room is fine. It is the shoulder room that is the HUGE issue, so huge that I was set to do the deal yesterday on a GTS launch edition and left the dealership knowing I will have to buy a Corvette C7 instead. I cannot move or turn the 2013 Viper's steering wheel with my left arm pinned aganist the drivers door panel. Ergo nightmare !!

OP
OP
K

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car was stunning outside and interior was high quality. I was all jacked up to do the deal since the dealer said he would sell for around sticker, and I wanted a full power seat and leather wrapped GTS with blue and white stripes. Lots of nice touches. Very classy car EXCEPT i would not be able to drive the car because there is NO room for my left arm and left shoulder. I left a bit bitter. Like trying on a jacket that look great except you cannot raise your arms since the arms were too tight.

fastandloud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that but have you had a chance to look at the new vette? Ummmm...

Hell I'd take the C6 over that thing looks wise any day!

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No disrespect intended, but would a diet make the fit better? This from a guy who is 5 foot 11 and 260!

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah pushing 3 bills with that height is clinical obesity for sure.....but its the car's fault. LOL Buy a Hummer

Viper808

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Im 6' 4" and 190 ..the car fits like a glove....wouldn't change a thing except for more padding in the seat bottom.

I believe if your pushing 300 lbs..its not the cars fault...:nono: Thats what corvettes are for :lmao:

Mamba52

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hell I expressed my opinion and got attacked too. My opionion is the Gen 5 Viper will last only 3 years then hopefully they will make a totally new car (Gen 6). The problem is the Gen 5 looks like a Gen2, not that there is anything wrong with a Gen2.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With all due respect to the thread starter, it is a valid retort back to him. I am 6'2" and feel fat at 200#, I fit fine inside the Gen V.

Mocking his weight isn't fine, but pointing out the obvious, is fair game.

I wondered how long it would take for people to attack his weight just because he expressed his opinion.

Not long.

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the record, Derek Landri (DT for the Tampa Bay Bucs) is 6'2 and 290. He probably would find the GenV to be tight on shoulder room without being obese or needing to go on a diet.

You must be registered for see images attach

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the record, Derek Landri (DT for the Tampa Bay Bucs) is 6'2 and 290. He probably would find the GenV to be tight on shoulder room without being obese or needing to go on a diet.

You must be registered for see images attach

If the thread starter looks like that, I am sure everyone will apologize and run LOL

commandomatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah pushing 3 bills with that height is clinical obesity for sure.....but its the car's fault. LOL Buy a Hummer

There are plenty of performance cars the OP can fit in that are great. To suggest he should get a Hummer that is on the opposite side of the spectrum is just ignorant.

You haven't even driven a Viper yet.....maybe you should pipe down until you have some experience with actually owning one........

Matt

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hell I expressed my opinion and got attacked too. My opionion is the Gen 5 Viper will last only 3 years then hopefully they will make a totally new car (Gen 6). The problem is the Gen 5 looks like a Gen2, not that there is anything wrong with a Gen2.

Oh here we go again. And you wonder why you get attacked. Go figure, some guys just don't get it.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this even a legitimate post?

1. Join date 5/13.

2. 15 posts.

3. First love is a vette.

4. How many 300 lb people are comfortable in a Gen2.

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm still gonna have to judge for myself. At 6'6" 270 (athletic) the Gen III felt like a coffin to me. Never owned a gen III but borrowed my old man's frequently and it took me at least 10 minutes to calm down from the claustrophobia. The Gen II GTS was tight but manageable. I've been holding out hope that the GenV would finally get some extra room.

A convertible Viper with a coupe rear-end just looks stupid IMHO, unless it has the Lemke widebody treatment. The ultimate for me and probably other tall people would be a Gen V Targa. All the benefits of the coupe combined with convertible.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well you are right. The Vette is for you. If I was you, I would not even look at another Viper and sell your apparent GEN II. The GEN V has a ton more side to side room inside, though the seat widths seem slightly smaller at the mid shoulder. Maybe your opinion would mean more if we're not so cheap and bought a VCA membership.

You Vette lovers that clearly just want to try to drive people away from the Viper to that crap need to find another website to frequent. It is getting a little old. Vette is for you. I am sure with those new Vette Competition seats there are just miles of shoulder room. Whatever floats your boat.

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If SRT designed the seat to fit 260 lb+ people, then the skinnier ones (like me) will complain the seats don't hold and we slide around too much during hard driving! I suppose SRT ought to sell sized seats as an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper