OP
OP
W

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will. First timer...

I'm so screwed.

That's great. You will have a great time. Come by and say hi. I'll be there with my bumble bee RT. I'll be sure to teach you everything you need to know, except how to beat me. :2tu:

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just trying to learn and do things correctly. I'll worry about competing and winning next time. Hopefully, the rain will hold off.

ViperCollector

Viper Owner
Reaction score
First-timer too! And probably just as nervous about it as you are Rob, but a little rain might make it more fun! The confirmation email I got said they expect over 40 drivers this time?!?!?!

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gang, just wanteed to drop a note and say thanks to all who weren't scared by the weather. The crazy rain in the morning was enough to scare anyone. But as usualy we not only don't get rain, but get weather completely contradictory to what the forecast said. I have a sunburn, didn't plan on that today...

In the end, we had nearly 35 drivers and fit in a record 13 runs and 2 parade laps. Most runs we've ever done on a day initially plagued by weather. Thanks to all who helped, thanks for the new folks who came out to give it a shot.

In the end, what we've always known... just ignore the forecast and bring your car. We always have fun.

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Alex! It was major learning experience and cannot wait to do it again. The 5 laps in your car was the best! What a rush!

OP
OP
W

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As always, a superbly run event by Alex, Aaron and the rest of the officers, especially considering the conditions and obstacles overcome in its execution.

To those of you watching from the sidelines, convince yourself to try an autocross. A friend fo mine, who I convinced to come to his first autocross, came out and had a great time. Additionally, he said he could not have been more impressed with how friendly everyone was and what a great job Alex did in representing the club. Not only did Alex give him all of the information he needed to feel completely comfortable driving his car, but he also gave him a ride to truly demonstrate how fun it can be.

I believe there is one autocross left this year, so mark your calendar.

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks gang.

We had several new folks and I think we'll be seeing them again.

So many people are sometimes afraid of it (because it may seem competitive), scared because it might hurt the car, or just overall hesitant because it's something new. None of it is further from the truth. Everyone there is an active member of the club and we all just love to see each others cars and have some fun with them. We're the only Viper club region that goes this far and does this comprehensive of a job with all disciplines of performance driving (drag, autocross, and road course) and offers instruction on all three. And with Autocross being safe, easy on the car, good for novices, and fun to watch/drive. It's the best bang for the buck on all levels. Just can't beat it, and it's addictive!

We have one autocross event left, in Rockford Speedway! News will follow shortly.

Great day, great time on Saturday! Thanks to both of the Rob's above for the kind words!

Angela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had a great time! It was a lot of fun bringing our new viper to its first IL-VCA event with us. It was so nice seeing everyone and meeting some new folks. See ya at the next autocross!

Angela

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to get used to you guys driving that GTS. For some reason Adam is burned into my red driving the red RT/10!

Angela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know, right?! This one is so much more user friendly to us though. Plus, I can actually drive this one now. With the rt/10 he had the 2" lowering kit so I couldn't reach the pedals. Also, we don't have to worry about rain anymore-yeah!

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to talk to John the avatar master. Need to see how tough it is for him to pop in. Thanks for reminding me!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave