Saw a 911 turbo run 10.37 clawing for traction

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen that car at the track a couple of times times, he was hitting low 11's @140 he probably changed tires to go 10's the turbos sounded awesome. It's a trailer car, I've passed the truck towing it on the way home one night.

BTW What did you run? I'm planing on going next Friday the 17th stop by and say Howdy if your going
smile.gif

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1fast02ws.6:
Then his next pass he came out of the hole at around 4000rpm that car launched harder than I've ever seen a porshe take off before. He
had serious traction problems.It ran a 10.37 at 151mph.A friendof mine talked to the owner he said it had 787rwh.And it has ran a 9.87 before.I was very impressed with that.This was in west palm baech fl.Forgot to mention that.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess you never seen Eddie Bello's white Porsche.....Rwd and comes out the hole like a shot out of a cannon....I was at Atco Raceway a few years back when he clicked off a 10 flat at 161mph......I've heard he did low 9's before he sold the car....Gotta love them rear engined beasts

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
&gt; I was really impressed until Mes said it was a trailered car

Unclear if it's *always* a trailered car or not. I typically trailer my Viper when I'm going to be running slicks; when you launch hard, you're likely to break something, and getting your Viper towed 100 miles back to home is no one's idea of a good time
tongue.gif

If I'm running street tires, I usually just drive to the track.

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dang! That's a sick MPH. Do you know what kind of mods it had? Year? Street car? (I saw the comment on the trailer part). Very impressive.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1fast02ws.6:
I was at moroso motorsports park on 5-10.I saw a silver 911 with
a roll cage.I watched his first pass he was I guess just warming it up.He ran 11.20 at 132mph.I was impressed with that.Then his next pass he came out of the hole at around 4000rpm that car launched harder than I've ever seen a porshe take off before. He
had serious traction problems.It ran a 10.37 at 151mph.A friendof mine talked to the owner he said it had 787rwh.And it has ran a 9.87 before.I was very impressed with that.This was in west palm baech fl.Forgot to mention that.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being that I'm not all that interested in Porsches I really didn't pay much attention to it other than watch it run. It looks like a normal Porsche on the outside and has a roll bar (possibly a cage) I didn't look that close.

I believe it's a streetable car but can't say for sure. It's not a fiberglass tube frame car if that's what your wondering. It looks to be a stock body & frame with heavy mods to the drivetrain. But then I didn't get a close up look so can't say for sure. Again from what I recall it did not have slicks, and the tires had tread but I don't know what type. He did not do a burn out, so I would guess street tires or maybe some sort of road racing tires. It was running low 11's@140 when I was there, so I'm sure that 10.3 was on some other tires.

If I see it again I'll get some more info.

NosLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
&lt;&lt;&lt;So, maybe a Porsche board might be impressed with info like this.&gt;&gt;&gt;

I don't like to stir the *** especially on a board of which I am merely a guest (non-Viper owner) however that statement simply means you are not a car enthusiast, and only have your Viper because you have money and it's a status symbol. He didn't post about that Porsche beating a Viper, nor did he post anything derrogatory about a Viper. If you could care less, do you really need to waste your time responding with a statement that makes it so blatantly obvious that you could care less about fast cars as a whole? Just my $.02

Regards,

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update on the Porsche. He had some ET streets (M/T I think) and lifted the front wheels off the ground at the starting line (about 2 feet) then let off and lifted them again 100 feet out. That was his first run 11 something @140 I didn't see his 2nd run but was told he lifted the tires again going into 2nd
redface.gif
and made lots of sparks as it went back down.

BTW he has no wheel-e-bar

NosLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I know that car. The guy who owns it builds quite the beastly cars down here in South Florida. Always on the highway racing bikes and what not. Very very fast cars.

Regards,

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it was Bello's old car It was a C2 based car , before the 993. A lot of import magazines featured the car a few years ago. It was white then & was rear wheel drive.

Trans Am WS6 420

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was there for that run. I don't think you are really doing the launch justice. That thing came out of the hole, SLAMMED the rear bumper, backed out, brought the front end down, rolling at about 30 MPH, got back in it, slammed the bumper again, and proceeded to run that 10.37 at 151mph. Popped a headlight completely out of the car when he came back down the first time. I was like WHOA!!!

- Matt

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How's it going James
smile.gif
11.01 ooooh so close, yet so far away
supergrin.gif
I've got a set of ET street's and skinnies on the way, maybe I can keep up with you next time. For those that don't know, James ran his best time 11.01 against me last week, and yes I got a nice view of his tail lights
laugh.gif

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if the truck that transports this porsche is a white and red duelly, i know this car well and the guy who built it. he built 2 porsches for me. let me know if that is the truck and ill let you know the details. i have a picture of the car also with the wheels off the ground like 4 feet. also, it is a daily driven street car, guy drives it from palm beach to ft lauderdale daily!

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, the truck was a duelly I can't recall the color (it was dark outside) but I believe it was white.

varanus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by allanlambo:
if the truck that transports this porsche is a white and red duelly, i know this car well and the guy who built it. he built 2 porsches for me. let me know if that is the truck and ill let you know the details. i have a picture of the car also with the wheels off the ground like 4 feet. also, it is a daily driven street car, guy drives it from palm beach to ft lauderdale daily!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Even if it's not the same car, I'd like to see the picture and hear about it.

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the guy who built the car has been building porsches for years.he is a genuis when it comes to them. he built 2 for me, both relatively mild for what he has to offer. they both made over 700 rwhp and my stripped down 930 weighed just under 2500pds. the acceleration was unbelievable, and my biggest kicks were gotten racing all the bad *** *** bikes and kicking their butts. this car is his personal vehicle and is capable of 9's @ 160 mph with the boost cranked up. problem is he cant keep the front wheels on the ground. the reliability factor on his cars is also without a doubt, #1. i drove my cars daily for years, with no more maintenence then on an ordinary porsche. no rough idle,chattery clutch etc.if he ever got out there and advertised, and he'd be the king, because no street driveable vehicle out there could touch him.

NosLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Allan, good to see you. How is Arizona life treating you? When you come visit here again we all need to go out cruising. All the Texas guys don't know how big the South Florida scene is simply because it isn't advertised all over the internet. By the way, I can vouch for the Porsches down here as being kings of the highway. They keep an extremely low profile, but even still, have a tremendous reputation on the street. If Allan ruffles a few feathers, don't take it personal..he's just a dick.
wink.gif
Good to see you again buddy.

Regards,

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
whats up bud? you talk to marco? hows your car?any cool races down there? az is awesome, but im going to try and buy another house in fla so i can travel back and forth.

NosLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I talked to Marco yesterday. He was at the doctor or something when I called him; he sounded like crap. I think he was getting a pap test or something..
wink.gif
The Laser is actually gone but I'm building up my Talon as we speak. Built motor, piggy back engine management, big front mount IC, big turbo, fuel system, nitrous, etc. I'm going to put it back together with the stock turbo and nitrous combo for now, and see if I can break the stock turbo record. I think it's like 114mph or something. With the spray, 7cm exhaust housing and 15 degree clip it should go over 120. Then, I'll bolt on the IC, bigger turbo, and put the bigger injectors in all at once, and up the spray to a 100 shot (125 if I get greedy.) I'm looking for upper 500's to the tires with the bigger turbo. We'll see. The Laser trapped 129 with 423 at the wheels, so the Talon should be fun. I'll keep you posted. BTW, how far away are you from Sedona? I heard Sedona has some BEAUTIFUL scenery out there...

Regards,

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
uhhh, i dont think your reading the thread correctly. 160mph porsches comfortably walk 150mph vipers. also, i believe henneseys tt 800 w/nos got beat by a supra. not trying to put down vipers and praise porsche, i dont own either one, but when push comes to shove, "porsche, there is no substitute".
p.s. did you ever see eddie bellos street driven porsche pull off an 8.80@168mph on toyo drag radials? he was running high 9,s in the high 150's and driving the car to florida from new jersey and back for the races.

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Porsches are great cars but lets not forget Eddie Bello would swap engines and/or trannies at import events, sometimes twice. I guess when you steal cars blowing up motors is no big deal
smile.gif
Of course the car wasn't much of a street car either, gutted, no AC, no interior, nothing (saw it in person at a race in PHX where he never made a full pass). The definition of a street car for racing can be very misleading.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by allanlambo:
uhhh, i dont think your reading the thread correctly. 160mph porsches comfortably walk 150mph vipers. also, i believe henneseys tt 800 w/nos got beat by a supra. not trying to put down vipers and praise porsche, i dont own either one, but when push comes to shove, "porsche, there is no substitute".
p.s. did you ever see eddie bellos street driven porsche pull off an 8.80@168mph on toyo drag radials? he was running high 9,s in the high 150's and driving the car to florida from new jersey and back for the races.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

V10TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just love the "street car" argument by some people....
Suuuure all those 160 mph traps are made by street cars driven across country...
pick up one of those Muscle Mustang and fast fords, and it is infected by "street" 8 and 9 sec. small block fords....

I've seen Eddie Bellos Porsche, when it was trapping 145 mph...
And that car weighted like 2500 lbs.. so much for your street porsche...
Plus durability and realibilty sucked!!
Let's just put a 500 shot of Juice on a viper with some bolts ons..
It will impress you, and it will run at lesst couple of passes, but how many ful passes will it do?

There is no free Lunch guys!, and some of these posts are very misleading...
I've not seen the Porsche in question, but I'm sure is very far from a factory porsche , engine mods aside..
You know what I mean.....
Then when you see these cars at the track, is boost to the moon, as light as possible, 2 gallons of fuel, iced intercooler and turbo for several hours, mega octane in the fuel cell, carbon fiber bdy parts, open exhaust, open air intake..etc, etc..etc...
and only two passes at this level before something gives....

Not the same car at all that you "might" encounter casually on the highway...

If you belive all the hype, let's go and buy a mustang, after all they all can run in the 9's and be taken to the movies....
Daily!!!.. don't believe me .. read the MM&FF mag..

Peace!

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
whether eddie was stealing cars or not is not the issue here. as i said when he was trapping high 150's his car had a/c and he would drive it from jersey to florida to race it. when he gutted the car,no a/c etc, he was in the 160's.

as for the porsche in question, i know that car personally. It has a/c and is daily driven.

my porsche, which was built by this same guy was a 10 sec. 140+ car, with a/c, full body, no carbon fiber,roll cage,big stereo,wide body, which i drove everyday,for almost 3 years,with no more maintenence than on a stock vehicle.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456