Saw a 911 turbo run 10.37 clawing for traction

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
also, in regards to the porsche being far from a factory porsche, the same would hold true for any viper or supra or any car for that matter running anywhere near those kinds of times, theyd al be FAR FROM FACTORY!

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with you as far as being far from factory, heck my own Supra only has the stock bottom end, head (upgraded cams), rear end and tranny, but the fuel system, intercooler, turbos and clutch have been upgraded with non-Toyota parts. Not to mention remapped ECU, exhaust, electronics, gauges etc. However I know of a few full weight (3500 pound) full interior, all accessories Supras in the 150+ MPH range. The person saying there's no free lunch is also right, any car made that fast will toast something sooner or later, usually sooner
smile.gif

The comment on Eddie's felonies was just to point out that he didn't care how many motors he blew. He would blow motors at almost every event, they could swap motors on that car in under 2 hours. When I saw his car it didn't have AC (maybe he would put it on after the race) or anything like that and he was trapping in the high 140 MPH range, not all that impressive for 2500 pounds.

By the way I could see a 160+ MPH Viper with all accesories. When you are dealing with 488+ cubes you have a lot to work with. I think it won't be long till we see someone running 1300+ RWHP in a full interior full accessory Viper, probably running a pair of turbos. A car like that would trap in the 170 to 175 MPH range.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by allanlambo:
also, in regards to the porsche being far from a factory porsche, the same would hold true for any viper or supra or any car for that matter running anywhere near those kinds of times, theyd al be FAR FROM FACTORY!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my porsche also had a stock bottom end, but upgraded everything else. in the end, theres always someone faster. ive heard of little porsche 914 in fl, that puts down just under 900 rwhp, and weighs 1800 pds! could you imagine that? id be afraid to get in it!

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1900 pounds and ~900 RWHP is insane, just the way i like it
wink.gif
That thing is probably almost impossible to control.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by allanlambo:
my porsche also had a stock bottom end, but upgraded everything else. in the end, theres always someone faster. ive heard of little porsche 914 in fl, that puts down just under 900 rwhp, and weighs 1800 pds! could you imagine that? id be afraid to get in it!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes, ive heard the car is nuts. I took my bone stock 91 nsx to the track last night. i ran an amazing 14.03 @ 100.7 ! Thats flyin huh! lol. I do think on a cool night and 93 octane not crap 91, some good tires, mine are bald, it could of run mid to high 13's. gotta get some spray on it. I know what your saying it will still be a dog, but it is fun to drive.

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To tell you the truth a 14 flat at 100 MPH is better than I thought an older NSX would do in the 1/4, my Z28 did 14.1 @ 99.5 MPH when 100% bone stock and I would have thought it would have beat any NSX. The Z28 ran a 13.79 @ 100.5 MPH with just a cold air intake (14 RWHP gain on the dyno on the same day, great bang for the buck).

By the way there won't be any difference in performance between 91 and 93 octane in a stock car. I seriously doubt it was retarding the timing.

Have you ran the Diablo at the track?

yes, ive heard the car is nuts. I took my bone stock 91 nsx to the track last night. i ran an amazing 14.03 @ 100.7 ! Thats flyin huh! lol. I do think on a cool night and 93 octane not crap 91, some good tires, mine are bald, it could of run mid to high 13's. gotta get some spray on it. I know what your saying it will still be a dog, but it is fun to drive.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eddie Bello was never convicted of any felonies. He was arrested but all charges were dropped according to a porsche tuner on c2turbo.com.

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That may be true, neither did OJ
smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Amir:
Eddie Bello was never convicted of any felonies. He was arrested but all charges were dropped according to a porsche tuner on c2turbo.com.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
regardless of whether eddie did anything or not, ive met him, hung out with him, and he was a pretty cool guy. i think 91 to 93 octane would make a difference. it made a huge difference in the diablo. i think on a cool night the nsx would break into the 13's. guy out here with exhaust and headers was turning 13.20's.

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eddie may have been cool, but if he stole my car I would have thought different. A crook is a crook is a crook.

Try putting race gas at Saad's station 5 minutes from Firebird and see if it helps. If it does the NSX's computer and fuel system *****. I have never seen a stock car that gained anything from going over 91 octane.

regardless of whether eddie did anything or not, ive met him, hung out with him, and he was a pretty cool guy. i think 91 to 93 octane would make a difference. it made a huge difference in the diablo. i think on a cool night the nsx would break into the 13's. guy out here with exhaust and headers was turning 13.20's.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

NosLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hehe. I can vouch for the Porsches and for Doug Levins car. I've been in a few examples of each. Let's just say there is a mutual respect between Doug and the Porsche guys, and no official races have been made thus far. The Porsche guys, and Doug are all VERY cool, very nice people; to the point that I think harsher words have been said in this thread alone!

I've been in Dougs Red car that goes 150mph. Scary fast. Exremely impressive. It 'feels' faster, and a bit torquier especially at speeds below 100. Above 100, I would have to give the edge to the Porsche guys.

The faster Porsches would often times go to the street races on pump gas and the boost down, and STILL run away from bikes, and the fastest street cars out there. I personally watched Allan run a low 10 second Mustang from a slow 1st gear roll and handily walk away from him. I also watched a certain Twin Turbo Vette walk away from Allan.
wink.gif
The aforementioned race with Allan and the Stang was also on 93 octane Mobil pump gas. With race gas and the boost cranked, who knows the potential of these cars.

But, if it means anything, the ex-owner of that Vette was the guy who built these Porsches. He doesn't advertise, so I'm not gonna put a plug on here for him either.

Bottom line, the Porsches are the REAL DEAL. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY has come close from a roll on the highway. Not the fastest Supras, not the fastest Vipers, not even the fastest bikes. They are in a league of their own when the speeds go up. If I were a betting man, I would put Doug Levin in at a close second. He's a great guy, and builds some impressive machinery.

Regards,

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
True, but having being busted with the goods in his shop tells you a lot. OJ was also innocent until proven guilty
smile.gif

we also have "innocent till proven guilty" in this country.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's too bad we don't have really fast Porsches like that out this way
frown.gif
Sounds like a lot of fun, I did run a 780 HP (crank) 1994 911 Turbo, it was the closest race I have had with any car other than a Supra. We went from a 60 MPH roll and by 160 MPH I only had about 5 car lenghts on the guy, most of it was achived before 130 MPH (his car is laggier than mine).

Those Porsche guys should run Titan's 160+ MPH on drag radials Supra. That would be a pretty closely matched race as that car weighs ~2800 pounds.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NosLaser:
Hehe. I can vouch for the Porsches and for Doug Levins car. I've been in a few examples of each. Let's just say there is a mutual respect between Doug and the Porsche guys, and no official races have been made thus far. The Porsche guys, and Doug are all VERY cool, very nice people; to the point that I think harsher words have been said in this thread alone!

I've been in Dougs Red car that goes 150mph. Scary fast. Exremely impressive. It 'feels' faster, and a bit torquier especially at speeds below 100. Above 100, I would have to give the edge to the Porsche guys.

The faster Porsches would often times go to the street races on pump gas and the boost down, and STILL run away from bikes, and the fastest street cars out there. I personally watched Allan run a low 10 second Mustang from a slow 1st gear roll and handily walk away from him. I also watched a certain Twin Turbo Vette walk away from Allan.
wink.gif
The aforementioned race with Allan and the Stang was also on 93 octane Mobil pump gas. With race gas and the boost cranked, who knows the potential of these cars.

But, if it means anything, the ex-owner of that Vette was the guy who built these Porsches. He doesn't advertise, so I'm not gonna put a plug on here for him either.

Bottom line, the Porsches are the REAL DEAL. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY has come close from a roll on the highway. Not the fastest Supras, not the fastest Vipers, not even the fastest bikes. They are in a league of their own when the speeds go up. If I were a betting man, I would put Doug Levin in at a close second. He's a great guy, and builds some impressive machinery.

Regards,
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsalameh