SC SNAKE GOES DOWN TO TEAM WATER PISTOL IN MOD 2

TX WHOS YOUR DADDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THE "NEW" SC SNAKE OF S.W. FELL VICTIM TO BIG GUN SCOTT AND THE HOUSE OF SPEED TODAY IN A MASSIVE DISPLAY OF PURE, UNADULTERATED POWER. WITHOUT QUESTION THE BEST SIDE BY SIDE RUN AT THE VIPER DRAG CHAMPIONSHIPS....AND THE SMALL MOTOR TRIUMPHED OVER THE BIG BAD SUPERCHARGER WITH THE HELP OF MANY.

FOR OUR MONEY, THE MOTOR CARS WERE THE MOST IMPRESSIVE AND GB3'S RIDE WAS AWESOME..HATS OFF TO GB AND THE BIG WATER PISTOL...10.25 ON MOTOR. WE LOOKED FORWARD TO THE FINAL SHOWDOWN WITH GB IN MOD 2....SINCE THE BIG BAD SC CARS AND NITROUS CARS LEFT THEIR BAGS AND BALLS AT THE HOUSE, THE MOTOR CARS HAD TO PROVIDE THE ENTERTAINMENT.

HOPEFULLY, THIS EVENT CAN BE FINISHED IN THE NEAR FUTURE TO DETERMINE THE TRUE KINGS OF THE VIPER WORLD. TODAY'S EVENTS LEAVE A FEW QUESTIONS:

ARE TEXAS CARS THAT MUCH FASTER THAN THOSE IN OTHER REGIONS?

HOW DOES A PAIR OF MOTOR CARS QUALIFY 1-2 IN A POWER ADDER CLASS?

WHY DO THE BIG SC CARS PUT DOWN A HUGE DYNO NUMBER AND RUN SLOWER THAN A HEAD AND CAM C5?

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE PAPER TIGERS THAT FOLDED IN THE HEAT OF BATTLE?

CAN AN UNLIMITED CAR THAT PUTS DOWN A BIG MPH CONTINUE THROUGH ELIMINATIONS ON A STOCK REAR AND HALF SHAFTS...WILL THE EMPEROR THROW IN THE TOWEL???

HATS OFF TO SAM SLOAN AND BEN STONE AT DILUSI FOR QUALIFYING NUMBER 2 IN UNLIMITED....BY FAR THE DARK HORSE IN THE CATEGORY.

WE ARE ANXIOUSLY AWAITING CLOSURE FOR THE EVENT...AND BASKING IN THE GLORY OF A BAD *** MOTOR CAR....

WHO'S YOUR DADDY....ALL THROTTLE NO BOTTLE....IN NITROUS YOU TRUSTED BUT YOUR *** GOT BUSTED....IF YOU CAN BUILD A MOTOR YOU DON'T NEED A CRUTCH....OVER AND OUT FROM RAINY BG.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"WHO'S YOUR DADDY....ALL THROTTLE NO BOTTLE....IN NITROUS YOU TRUSTED BUT YOUR *** GOT BUSTED....IF YOU CAN BUILD A MOTOR YOU DON'T NEED A CRUTCH....OVER AND OUT FROM RAINY BG."

That was FUNNY!
laughing2[1].gif
laughing2[1].gif
laughing2[1].gif

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question 1 - how does a car with modified internals run in MOD 2.

Comment - I believe my 10.69 was the fastest MOD 2 e.t. during eliminations and that ain't no Texas car.

ASASN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Norm........Couldn't agree with you more!! The little ole motor cars were the sh*t!!! In cubic inches we trust!!

GB3s' grocery getter was BAAAAAADDDDDDDD!!! 10.25 @ 136 with full interior, meaning two people can ride without one having to sit on the floor pan, go across the line, roll up and get the slip with the AC on if you choose, that's BAD!!!! IF there's a faster motor car on the planet(not stripped), my hats off to it, but I'd have to see it, in person, to believe it!!!!

One of the neatest packages there in my opinion was SWs' ride, that is one cool setup, hats off to those guys!!!

This was the first Viper gig I'd ever attended, I gotta tell ya, the people that I met and spoke with were some of the most genuine people that I've ever been around, it was truly a pleasure to be with these folks!! I look forward to the next time!!! I'm with Norm, I can't wait for closure, I just hope I can be there to see it!!!

One more thing, a BIG, HUGE, thumbs up to the gentleman in the Dodge jacket running the show, I never got his name!! This guy had the crappiest job there, triing to keep all the classes lined up, making sure everyone was where they were supposed to be and keep everything running so smoothly, you guys in the Vipernation are very fortunate to have this guy!!! He came through like a champ!! Again, thumps up to you sir!!

Anyway, I look forward to the next time and keeping in touch with some new friends, it was truly a pleasure!!!

SeeYa!!!!

V10TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike, how is it going?
Did you sell the Z06 yet?

GB3's viper is incredible.I personally saw it down here
run a 10.2 at 134 mph.... 136 mph is definetly Bad...
That viper is sweet. It actually iddles like a stoker,
can't even hear it doing a burned out.!
He told me it was only making 603 rwhp.. don't know if is
making more now or what he did to run 136.. that thing
is insane!!.. All Motor!.... Wow!

ASASN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Julio......I promise you this, I'll exhaust every effort to do it!!! I know I've got the right gear now, so I guess we'll have too wait and see!!!

Your car will be a rocket with that plumbing you got!!!!

George Bryce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Xs, we made 626 at the tires....This car rips because it revs a little higher than others, Leaves good too, 1.48 60 ft. We had FUN! Wish it was dry all day.
frown.gif
GB3

ASASN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Julio.....What's up my friend?!!!

Yeah, ole GB3s' car is bad!!! Man, we had a great time in Bowling Green, what's even more impressive is that he turned those times at Beech Bend!! When your car gets ready it'll fit in nicely, I hope mine will also!!

Still got the Z06, but haven't really triied to get rid of it, I'm getting ready to advertise it pretty hard!! You know I'm willing to make someone a hell of a deal on the car!!! It'll make someone a great 530 horse garage queen!! I really wish I could keep it, but the 91 is the main project right now!! Plus there's a couple more ZR1s' that I want, I just really love the ZR1s'!!!

When ya gonna come up and pay us a visit, Dennis said he had a great time with you when he was down!! Dennis and I have a match race against each other coming up in the near future, his Z06 v. my Lightning, I got something for him....hehehehe!!!!

Hey you think GB3 can drive that 542, hell you should've seen him drive that 550 on the way home, that was a better drive than the Viper!!!!!!!!

Seeya!!!

V10TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a lot of fun. Maybe I'll see you in Novmeber at Aarons.
GB3, what rpm you shift at? That is one bad ride for sure. I know you r 90 LPE 415 was bad, but I think if you were to run both from a roll the Snake would take it.. the 136 mph speaks very LOUD!.. what you think!

Mike, how about it.. 421 Zr-1? you think it can go 136 on motor?
I'll definetly will need a little help from the blue bottle!!

tell me about that 550!!

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Norm there were other cars that weren't from Texas that were left in mod 2 and I personally think that the 600hp supercharged car I was driving was going to race GB not anyone from Texas.I could be wrong but breakout was 10.5 and my 10.7 at 135 the previous round looked like I was getting dialed in right where I needed to be, its just a little tricky driving on RADIALS but we were where we wanted to be.Oh and I don't think it takes a lot of balls to run a Texas car, just a car that goes more than 1 round.You might be right about the fastest cars coming from Texas, they say everything in Texas is big and that includes those nitrous fogger systems, and those pit crews and parts trailers they bring with them.

OP
OP
T

TX WHOS YOUR DADDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JAMIE,COULDNT AGREE WITH U MORE.THIS STUFF IS ALL ENTERTAINMENT FOR ME.DONT KNOW ABOUT U.HAVE U EVER THOUGHT ABOUT PUTTING A PAIR OF SLICKS AND A 150 SHOT ON TOP OF THE SC MIGHT HELP.ANYHOW HOPE TO SEE U AT THE CONCLUSION OF THIS.PEACE BRO!
supergrin.gif

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No nitrous for me Norm, but slicks would of been nice. When the Stop Tech Brakes went on we did not realize you cannot go with anything smaller than a 17" wheel so I guess we will have to deal with that issue and modify something to get a 16 so we can run some tires.Like you said its all in fun and maybe we can get another one of these things together in the next few months.

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a 10.74 on radials is most Impressive!!!

I believe I put a TEXAS car on the trailor to advance to the elite group of Vipers still standing!!! I guess that makes to S/C cars still standing. I think I was begining to dial in pretty good as well with my 10.7 at nearly 138 MPH

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Norm, Where were the Texas cars in stock and modI???? Maybe all of them are to fast for the low life classes. Also does anyone know who qualified #1 in modII...I was wondering even tho it was a breakout class. Did anyone else think the drag race part of the VOI video KICKED BUTT??????????????????

SW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Norma, just got back and saw your post. I thought you were hunting for some big dawgs, not me with my stocker with a small blower. Just remember, I didn't spend 10K more on my $30k 510 stroker motor to go slower than before..I just spent a 6k to run the same as yours with my STOCK motor. I think George's ride was the best out there with the 10.2 @136 all motor. If I had known you were after me, I would have built something, but then I don't have to, I have RSI's car to drive....
smile.gif

SW

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HEY CAPS KOERNER!!! I JUST WANTED TO SAY I READ YOUR POST AND I WAS LAUGHING MY A$$ OFF! YOU SURE DO TELL IT LIKE IT IS... I COULD SENSE THE FEELINGS BEING HURT ALL THE WAY UP HERE IN BOSTON!

NORM, DO YOU EVER MAKE IT UP TO BOSTON? WE'RE HAVING A DRAG DAY IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS AND MR. LINGENFELTER HIMSELF IS BRINGING ONE OF HIS SPECIAL CREATIONS. IT'S NOT *THAT* FAR FOR THOSE TEXAS BOYS... I WOULD LOVE TO MEET A FEW OF THEM AND SEE THE TRULY FAST CARS RUN!

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Norm, I would have to agree that some of the cars with the highest advertised horsepower levels were disappointing. I would like to state for the record that the Heffner S/C car entered in mod 2 makes an average with a hot engine of 650 rwhp, I hope you will agree that a 10.74 at 135 on radials is exemplary of those numbers.

HouseofSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SW...for the record, we built Norm's car with a blower in mind...and I even mentioned to you that we dropped the compression in anticipation of the same setup that you have when you test-hopped the car at Seguin.

Norm didn't spend money to go slower....in fact my low-compression setup is stronger than the old combination by a long-shot as evidenced by our 1/8 th and 1/4 traps.

Had we not been leap-frogged on the charger....things would have been ripe for an *** ****** in Unlimited....you know that as well as I do.

Til next time....

Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SW:
If I had known you were after me, I would have built something, but then I don't have to, I have RSI's car to drive....
smile.gif

SW

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hail[1].gif

SW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HouseofSpeed:
SW...for the record, we built Norm's car with a blower in mind...and I even mentioned to you that we dropped the compression in anticipation of the same setup that you have when you test-hopped the car at Seguin.

Norm didn't spend money to go slower....in fact my low-compression setup is stronger than the old combination by a long-shot as evidenced by our 1/8 th and 1/4 traps.

Had we not been leap-frogged on the charger....things would have been ripe for an *** ****** in Unlimited....you know that as well as I do.

Til next time....
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know, I was just wondering why you&Norm think I'm your competition? You know as well as I do, that if I wanted to build the fastest Viper around, I would. I did it with the Vette(ZO7), first 6sp C5 in the 9's and also with my old Supra.

SW

OP
OP
T

TX WHOS YOUR DADDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
S.W. AKA THE SHIEK/GOLDEN BOY.PLZ BE ADVISED NO ONE WAS GUNNING FOR U.U JUST HAPPEN TO GET CAUGHT UP IN THE MIX AND SURFACED ON THE CROSSHAIRS DUE TO THE VERY DIFFERENT AND UNUSUAL CLASSIFICATION OF DRAG RACE CLASSES.AS FOR SPENDING 30K THERE 10K HERE U ARE OFF ON THE NUMBERS GOOD BUDDY.I HAVE APPLIED THE S.W. SCHOOL OF MARKETING.THE ONE WHERE U HOOK UP WITH A TUNER,PROMOTE THEM AND U GET THAT SPECIAL PRICING.SO SEE I DID NOT HAVE TO PAY A LOT OF CASH THANKS TO YOUR SCHOOL OF MARKETING MODEL.ONCE AGAIN U HAVE HELPED ME OUT AND I APPRECIATE THAT.IN REGARDS TO THE RS EMPEROR MODEL VIPER WE WILL OBSERVE THE DURABILTY OF THE NEW BORN AS TIME GOES ON.CONGRATS ON THAT 144 NUMBER LETS WORK ON THE ET NOW.IF U REALLY WANT TO DRIVE A FAST CAR I CAN HOOK U UP WITH A LINGENFELTER ZR1 TT THE ONE THAT RUNS 9.5 @ 150 M.P.H.JUST LET ME KNOW .... KEEP YOUR FRIENDS CLOSE AND YOUR ENEMIES CLOSER.....SEE U SOON!

SW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CONGRATS ON THAT 144 NUMBER LETS WORK ON THE ET NOW.IF U REALLY WANT TO DRIVE A FAST CAR I CAN HOOK U UP WITH A LINGENFELTER ZR1 TT THE ONE THAT RUNS 9.5 @ 150 M.P.H.JUST LET ME KNOW GOOD BUDDY!.. KEEP YOUR FRIENDS CLOSE AND YOUR ENEMIES CLOSER!

Thanks Norma, I ran 148 in the RSI car with stock shafts(running easy). Congrats on that fast ZR1TT, but I leave driving the automatics to my beautiful wife...

SW

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SW:
CONGRATS ON THAT 144 NUMBER LETS WORK ON THE ET NOW.IF U REALLY WANT TO DRIVE A FAST CAR I CAN HOOK U UP WITH A LINGENFELTER ZR1 TT THE ONE THAT RUNS 9.5 @ 150 M.P.H.JUST LET ME KNOW GOOD BUDDY!.. KEEP YOUR FRIENDS CLOSE AND YOUR ENEMIES CLOSER!

Thanks Norma, I ran 148 in the RSI car with stock shafts(running easy). Congrats on that fast ZR1TT, but I leave driving the automatics to my beautiful wife...

SW

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
laughing2[1].gif

HouseofSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SW...you weren't the target, just a practice shot along the way.

Sounds like RSI is your new "sponsor"....good luck.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth