SCCA Nelson Ledges National STO Report

David Pintaric

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Race #2 on the road to sorting out my new Viper Coupe STO car was held at Nelson Ledges in Garretsville, OH. This is the second closest track to my home, so most people think it is my "home track." Let's just say my "home away from home," as Mid Ohio is truly closest to my heart.

I was a field of one in STO this weekend, so I used the event as a way to sort out some small issues as well as find new ones. The field was small in all classes, this was mostly because there was a double National at Grattan this same weekend, the Mid Ohio race last weekend, and next week is a race in New Jersey. So many people bailed on this event.

I was able to set a new track record in STO @ 1:08.832 (I don't remember the old record). Going fast when I have no competition is difficult for me; I need motivation. So I am confident that this record is "soft." I also used old tires, so combining that factor with the lack of motivation, I think another 1 1/2 seconds is to be had at this track with this car.

My next event driving the Viper will be the double National and Super Sweeps race at Watkins Glen July 9-11. The Glen is one of my favorite tracks, so I am extremely ecited about returning there.

I will be driving one of the MazdaSpeed 3s the weekend before at Nelson Ledges and at Watkins Glen.

I invite anyone who is interested to come on out at say "hi" at one of our races.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang