SCCA Run Offs

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
David, Congratulations again, finally had a chance to see all the video's, thanks! Wow, that BMW had power, noticed on the second turn after he got by a little grind noise on the shift that gave him the gap. You guys seemed neck and neck on power with you slowly gaining on him. T-1 guys seemed to let you guys get by, but got nervous with that white Ferrari. Did the white vette break? He stayed behind you for awhile but then just dropped out of sight.

Congratualtions on a great win for yourself and viper nation!!!!!!! Mike

OP
OP
D

David Pintaric

Viper Owner
Reaction score
David, Congratulations again, finally had a chance to see all the video's, thanks! Wow, that BMW had power, noticed on the second turn after he got by a little grind noise on the shift that gave him the gap. You guys seemed neck and neck on power with you slowly gaining on him. T-1 guys seemed to let you guys get by, but got nervous with that white Ferrari. Did the white vette break? He stayed behind you for awhile but then just dropped out of sight.

Congratualtions on a great win for yourself and viper nation!!!!!!! Mike

Mike,

I drove a sloppy race for the first 2-3 laps. Yes, the BMW has power, but it was his good exit of Turn 14 that got him by me at the end of the first lap.

The red C5 with the crunched front fender is Joe Gaudette; one of my best friends. I was cussing him when I went by: "Dammit Joe, get the hell out of my way!" :rolaugh:

The white Ferrari is driven by David MacNeil, of Weathertech fame (he's the guy in the ads). Real nice person, and I had no worries about lapping him. He is a heads-up driver.

Jerry Onks in the white C6 didn't break. We (the Joe Koening-driven BMW and me) were just a bit further ahead of him. I got to hand it to Jerry, as he shows up to race in his hand-built Corvette and his girlfriend as his crewchief. David vs Goliath! He does real well with his limited resources.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave, thanks!! I forgot to ask you a question about your viper. On top of the splitter track extension, it looks like you have it braced with an aluminum strip? Is that correct? If so why? thanks again, Mike