Scratched Dash Common on Gen1's?

Hot-Rod

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I looked at a gen 1 today with numerous scratches on and around the glove box is this common? could I restore to like factory with out replacing?

Thanks

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scratches are more common than not. It's very fragile paint. Chrysler hired an outside company to manufacture the "soft touch" paint. I contacted them last year and was told that they not only did not have the paint, they also did not have the formula or other information to replicate it. You may be able to find one new in the box still, but they are getting rare.

A little off the point, but mine was in good condition, so I removed it for storage, bought a used ***** one and had it repainted satin black. It looks sooo much better, and I still have my old one.

Good luck,
Craig

OP
OP
H

Hot-Rod

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scratches are more common than not. It's very fragile paint. Chrysler hired an outside company to manufacture the "soft touch" paint. I contacted them last year and was told that they not only did not have the paint, they also did not have the formula or other information to replicate it. You may be able to find one new in the box still, but they are getting rare.

A little off the point, but mine was in good condition, so I removed it for storage, bought a used ***** one and had it repainted satin black. It looks sooo much better, and I still have my old one.

Good luck,
Craig

thanks for the info! Look for more questions I need help!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
"Half of all advertising..................."

PartsRack has brand-new-old-stock, Grey or Black, Gen 1 dash panels IN STOCK, ready to ship.
Probably cost less than having a body shop refinish em! Thank You.

[email protected]

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave