SCT Flash Programmer & Pro-Racer Software Special!

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

This special price is perfect for those looking to try their hand at tuning. Normal price for an SCT Flash Programmer and the Pro-Racer Software would be $948.00......

Get it here on special for almost HALF of that! 495.00 out the door, all in, tool and software included! [SCT Programmers Only: 299.00!]

Thinking about giving it a shot? Get the full program that we use- for less than the old price of the tool alone!

Expires 12/9/09

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW Dan...that is unbelieveable. Its there an underlying story with this great deal...like SCT going out of business or dropping support for the product? Man. I'm going to have to do some smooching with the Mrs this weekend!!

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
WOW Dan...that is unbelieveable. Its there an underlying story with this great deal...like SCT going out of business or dropping support for the product? Man. I'm going to have to do some smooching with the Mrs this weekend!!

Haha, no big story... it all just boils down to overestimating chrysler device sales to start with, then the economy slowing down. They are Just trying to move excess product by adding the software to the mix since it doesnt really cost them much at all to do so.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Did you crack the Gen 4 yet? ;)

Thats a LOOOONG way off unfortunately, if ever. Chances are, some reasonably priced stand-alones for the Gen-4 will be out much sooner. As it stands, the MoTeC is the only true and complete way to go on a Gen-4 yet... though others are in testing to some degree.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sean is working on a VEC for the Gen 4 cars... Believe he has one done already.

:usa:

I would be interested to see what its capabilities are. The Gen-4 is no simple generation upgrade... its a whole new can of worms. Beging able to adjust fuel and ignition is one thing, but it is only so usable without camshaft control, and no matter what the finicky code-popping nature is going to stay with the Venom controller.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does the SCT have the capablity of altering a cream puff computer to accomodate a high lift cam/ported heads package? (Primary concern is altering MAP sensor values)

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Does the SCT have the capablity of altering a cream puff computer to accomodate a high lift cam/ported heads package? (Primary concern is altering MAP sensor values)

Yes it does, you have access to all base mapping and look up table values.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This is a great deal, but I'd be afraid I'd get it and the equipment is way smarter then the owner of it :(

A lot of it is simple items, just listed in single numerical values. Most everything has descriptions next to it. If you don't know what it is, you just don't touch it.

Last edited:

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where's the fun in that??? :D

So far I haven't been able to find any detail regarding the programming interface so when I get my software, I'll take some screen captures so that people can see what it looks like to program.

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What an awesome deal :omg: I wish I would have waited for mine now but it's been worth the money. What a simple easy tool for anyone to use I must say. I have to use a laptop and hub and aftermarket box just to tinker on my motorcycle so these SCT programmers are worth it just for their simplicity. :2tu:
If you can thumb through the sat/cable guide on your tv with your remote then you can work the SCT no problem.

Last edited:

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Does it come with a generic tune at all, or is it up to the customer to create their own tunes (or a tuner of course)? Generally speaking, how much HP/TQ could a guy expect on a STOCK '03 Viper? The wife will want to know.....he he

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Does it come with a generic tune at all, or is it up to the customer to create their own tunes (or a tuner of course)? Generally speaking, how much HP/TQ could a guy expect on a STOCK '03 Viper? The wife will want to know.....he he

Every processor code "starts" as a stock tune, so you don't have to actually tune the car from scratch when you receive the software. I can include a generic tune if the customer wishes, or on request I can send a tune with certain things edited just for the sake of showing the customer where in the program things are located.

We generally see gains of ~20 horsepower on an otherwise stock car, with some cars getting up into the 30's. A lot depends on the condition of that particular car and how well the factory timing was utilized on that particular engine. Fuel in your area also comes into play. The real story however is in what you can change under the curve- have fuel enrichment start earlier, work on the torque curve, change how the car runs and operates, etc.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What if I already have an SCT and just need the Software?

I will check tomorrow and find out if there are any specials on the software alone. I can certainly do something for you regardless in the ~350.00 range... but you are almost better off returning your current tool to stock, selling it to someone else, and getting in on this deal as it sits...

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dan is this similar to the Diablo Predator I bought for the wife's 08 Hemi? Same type of hook up with USB adapter and laptop needed for tuning?

I think that you'll sell some tuners just to remove the rear oxy sensor program.

Ted

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dan is this similar to the Diablo Predator I bought for the wife's 08 Hemi? Same type of hook up with USB adapter and laptop needed for tuning?

I think that you'll sell some tuners just to remove the rear oxy sensor program.

Ted

Similar to what you are saying, yes. I cannot make a direct comparison however since I do not deal with Diablo products.

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Dan, thanks for your patience and time in dealing with all the questions. I had a VEC2 on my last car (GTS), now I'm thinking about the SCT on my '03 Viper. What will the ProRacer software do for me? I saw somewhere that there's another piece of software called PMSCAN (I think)....... I know the SCT attaches to the car's OBD port, but how do I customize programs? Is there a USB cable that connects the SCT to my computer? I just want to know what I'm getting myself into, that's all. I don't have any wideband sensors (or anything else on this car for that matter), so what else will I need to be able to make custom programs? I used the search function and saw you mentioned there being logging capabilities on the SCT........that was in March of this year. Does that software exist now? The cool thing about the Vec2 was that I could log data and tweek it all myself.

Also I notice Roe Racing offers the SCT with 3 of their custom tunes. Are these some performance tunes floating around we (customers) can exchance between ourselves? Again, thanks for your time,

Ted

ETA: After researching the software on the website, it looks as if LiveLOAD is available, allowing emailing of tunes/files. And LiveLINK, which allows logging, is still not out yet. Are LiveLINK and LiveLOAD sold separately or do they come with the pro racer software?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I had a VEC2 on my last car (GTS), now I'm thinking about the SCT on my '03 Viper. What will the ProRacer software do for me?

The Pro-Racer Software has MANY more tunable items than the VEC systems. They are not just Fuel and Timing controllers, but everything else that the engine controls. You are adjusting at the base level, closed AND open loop, without delays or hesitations, and with NO wiring modifications.

I saw somewhere that there's another piece of software called PMSCAN (I think)....... I know the SCT attaches to the car's OBD port, but how do I customize programs? Is there a USB cable that connects the SCT to my computer? I just want to know what I'm getting myself into, that's all. I don't have any wideband sensors (or anything else on this car for that matter), so what else will I need to be able to make custom programs?

Yes, PCMSCAN is the logging software. The programs are written on a laptop using the Pro-Racer Software. Yes, you need a USB A/B cable that connects the SCT tool to the laptop so you can upload the tunes into it. The USB cable is the same that connects most printers/computers these days, so chances are you already have one.

For a complete tuning solution, you will need Wideband of some type. If you intend to tune closed loop, you will need PCMSCAN [not always needed, depends how far your car has deviated from stock]. You can certainly edit MANY things however without the aid of either of those items.

I used the search function and saw you mentioned there being logging capabilities on the SCT........that was in March of this year. Does that software exist now? The cool thing about the Vec2 was that I could log data and tweek it all myself.

This has not yet happened. With the economy slowing down, SCT has not had much time to spend on this, and has focused on core products. The PCMSCAN and Pro-Racer combo is FAR better at logging than the VEC's log system however.

Also I notice Roe Racing offers the SCT with 3 of their custom tunes. Are these some performance tunes floating around we (customers) can exchance between ourselves?

Yes, there are basic performance tunes that can be emailed around. So long as the two customers have the same processor codes, they can e-mail tunes back and forth, yes. Since the idea behind this product is self-tuning ability, they will be shipped blank unless requested [no rush, I can always e-mail them later] though I would advise not going with a basic tune, but rather have me throw something together by request that will show you were certain things in the program are. [ie, ask me to change the fan temps, idle speeds, etc- so you can reference how it was done for future changes]

ETA: After researching the software on the website, it looks as if LiveLOAD is available, allowing emailing of tunes/files. And LiveLINK, which allows logging, is still not out yet. Are LiveLINK and LiveLOAD sold separately or do they come with the pro racer software?

LiveLink/Load are Free-ware, you just download them right off the website.

Last edited:

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This special price is perfect for those looking to try their hand at tuning. Normal price for an SCT Flash Programmer and the Pro-Racer Software would be $948.00......

What an awesome deal!!! A few questions:

How does the ProRacer software differ from the DCX Advantage III software that is sold to the tuning industry?

What can you do with Advantage III that you can't do with ProRacer?

If the Advatage III software is somehow better than ProRacer, is there a smoking deal on the Advantage software as well?

Why am I asking questions when this deal is too good to pass up? :dunno:

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The Pro-Racer software *IS* the Advantage III Software. The only difference is that the Pro-racer is a single vehicle version, where the Tuner Version is multi-vehicle. Other than that, the program will look completely identical, it will just only work with one processor code/tool.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan,

Can you post some tutorials ? Last time i saw something of this nature the tuner imploded a $ 15,000.00 motor.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like KenH, I'm pulling the trigger on this deal and see how I can tune my 10 PSI ROE with the goal of eliminating most of the VEC inputs. I think its simply GREAT how Dan is willing to entertain a level of participation regarding each individuals tuning goals...vice simply pitching it over the fence and letting us all fend for ourselves. That says a lot to me as an avid DIY kinda guy.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dan,

Can you post some tutorials ? Last time i saw something of this nature the tuner imploded a $ 15,000.00 motor.

I will likely end up posting something, yes. I was considering putting together a "how to" thread for the SCT, with Screen Shots of the various parameters so you know where to find them, and an explanation of what they do.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62