Search sends me to Forums page

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've run across this a number of times when I try to use the Search function. I put in my search and it turns up a number of threads to check out. When I click on any of them (new or old posts), instead of going to the thread, it jumps me back to the Forums front page. Right now, it's happening on everything that I'm trying to search for.:mad:

Here's the steps if somebody else wants to try the same steps:
Start at Forums front page, click on SEARCH. In the search box, type in 'valve cover' + polish (include the ' to force valve cover to be be together). It showed up a full page of items for me to pic from. It jumped to the Forums page when I picked the first (newest/recent) thread and the last (oldest thread from 2004).

What's the problem here?

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It works for me. You were not putting in quote marks but apostrophes as you have in your example.

"........." not '.........' the same key but you have to have the caps key on to get quote marks. An invalid search such as one that would not return anything because of the apostrophes will bounce you back to the forum page. Indeed when I put in your exact search with the apostrophes now I get this thread only, not the forum page.

Here is the correct search using quote marks.

http://forums.viperclub.org/search.php?searchid=1290482

OP
OP
B

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THANKS! That makes all the difference in the world. You know, everyone is always saying to use the SEARCH function, but I've had a rough time with it when I want to find certain things. It wouldn't hurt to have a thread on how to use the search with examples. That 'help' probably already exists on the software helps and could just be copied to a sticky thread.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THANKS! That makes all the difference in the world. You know, everyone is always saying to use the SEARCH function, but I've had a rough time with it when I want to find certain things. It wouldn't hurt to have a thread on how to use the search with examples. That 'help' probably already exists on the software helps and could just be copied to a sticky thread.

Ummm, you used the apostrophe again instead of the quote mark around "help" :lmao:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth