Seat adjustment handles and removal- Help!

ROYMAN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So... long story short the girlfriend dropped one of her diamond studs into the abyss that is the space under the passenger seat of the viper (it better ^&@%ing be there).

Over the last year or two, and I have no idea how this happened, both the passenger and driver side back support adjustment levers/handles/whatever they are called have broken off, so I cannot lean the back support portion of the seat forward and really get into the back. This has not been a problem as we keep both of the seats flush to the back of the interior- until now.

I suspect that the earring is either under the seat or actually in the seat near where the enclosure for the seat belt is. Given all of the interesting things that I will find under the seats, the fact that I have been unable to properly clean the interior due to the fear of vacuuming up the earring or having a detail guy find it and pocket it, and that these handles really need to be fixed, I think its time for me to take the seats out and start looking. But, before I go ahead and do this, my questions are-

1. Is this as easy as it looks? ( I can see the bolts that hold the chair-rail to the body, I am guessing I just unscrew those and go from there?)
2. Where can I order the two adjustment handles I am looking for so that I fix the problem while I have the seats out?

Any help, suggestions or *** from people in the blood diamond trade would be very appreciated as in the event the earring is not there she will not be getting a new one at full retail.

-Roy

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
The seats come out fairly easy (easier if you have a convertible). The four bolts on the seat rails are all it takes aside from unplugging an eletrical connector or two at the back of the seats as well. They're moderately heavy and can be weird to get out of the interior, but not horrible. I turned mine upside down after I got them out and just listened to all the change hitting the floor.

Not sure on the handles though. Once you have the seats out you can assess the situation better. I have a feeling getting just the handles might be tough, but I bet someone out there could help you.

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It really is that easy, but there are a couple of connectors under the seat that you'll need to access/unplug if you want to get the seat out of the car.

If you do go to remove the seat, lean the headrest toward the center of the car, and pull the seat out bottom first. Also make sure you protect the side sills and door panel...the seat tracks can leave some nasty scratches if you aren't careful. It is a tight fit, but contrary to my initial belief, they did not build the car around the seats.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth