Seat Removal...............

Don Hiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There has been considerable debris accumulating under my seats and I'd like to remove them to vacuum.

The front nuts look easy, but I can't see how the rear ones can be accessed.

HELP..............

Don

TBarrow

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The only other thing to do is unplug the wires for the seatbelt indicator. Then just pull them out.

Todd

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My passenger seat is fully functional. As NoRice said, you probably have a lowering kit.

OP
OP
D

Don Hiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Assuming you're correct, isn't there another way to access the rear nuts? From underneath?

I did buy it used, so it's quite possible that the previosu ownner lowered the seats.

Thanks....

TedK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If that is the case, push seatback full forward and squeeze an open-end 15mm wrench under the rear of the seat and slowly undo the nuts. It takes more time than you would think just to get two nuts off.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I have lowered both seats in my SRT. You can access the rear nuts by putting the seat back fully forward and using a long extension with a socket. 15mm is correct, I think. You'll want a 3/8 inch drive socket - which is smaller in diameter than a 1/2 inch socket - to access the two nuts. Not too difficult but it can be a bit time consuming compared with the OE set up.

bigmike32172

Viper Owner
Reaction score
you always could do what a friend of mine did accidentally once.
he was trying to throw a 1/4 stick of dynamite out the window while he was driving during the 4th of july and his hand hit window which in turn made the 1/4 stick fall under the seat. needless to say he hit the brakes and bailed out of the car safely, but man what a cool white flash that went off inside his car, and viola, the seat was ready to take out!
the other cool thing was that he ended up with extra room under the seat from the floor pan being bowled out under the seat!

KERS-VPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
you always could do what a friend of mine did accidentally once.
he was trying to throw a 1/4 stick of dynamite out the window while he was driving during the 4th of july and his hand hit window which in turn made the 1/4 stick fall under the seat. needless to say he hit the brakes and bailed out of the car safely, but man what a cool white flash that went off inside his car, and viola, the seat was ready to take out!
the other cool thing was that he ended up with extra room under the seat from the floor pan being bowled out under the seat!

thats a good one. LMAO

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave