selling my '99 gts for $29k

Status
Not open for further replies.

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It might fix the vibration at a higher speed, but you're still going to have the thud...thud...thud at lower speeds. The buyer just needs to bite the bullet and get new tires...no big deal considering the price they're getting the car for.

You're NOT considering trades, correct? If so, only for a convertible?

OP
OP
R

Roffle Waffle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No trades for anything at this point. I might try a balance on Monday. Its been a busy week.

Kim, I wrote you back.

OSUbrew

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't believe people are actually trying to lowball him when he's selling it for $29k. I also can't believe it's still for sale.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a beautiful 2 owner 97 with 10k less miles with a black interior that went for $28k No vibration, fully documented, no chips etc...

MODERATOR EDIT. No ebay ads please

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No matter how much we all love these cars the reality is the prices are dropping, and I cannot see them going up (if at all) for a LONG time.

OP
OP
R

Roffle Waffle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
just got proof from the dealer that the frame recall was performed in 2003, in case anyone else needs it

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
just got proof from the dealer that the frame recall was performed in 2003, in case anyone else needs it

You can actually go to Dodge's website and enter the serial number to find any OUTSTANDING recalls. It shows none if all recalls were done.

-FYI

Ted

chiefchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It burns my butt to see Vipers selling for low numbers - as I'm sure it does with most other readers here. However, in the last couple of years, I have had a nagging suspicion that we are coming into phase a re-currence of what happened to the mighty muscle and torque heydays of the late '60s and early '70's.
The rise of crude costs coupled with the rise of left wing earthly consciousness and the damning of all excess horsepower and vanity is once again upon us.
Oh, I know, - this has been a golden year, considering the product out of Detroit, Japan and Europe. New benchmarks have been set in the power department. Camaro, Challenger, Corvette, GT-R, etc. etc. We have never had it this good. But I'm afraid this might be the last heroic act - the final goodbye - the swan song, if you will, before the lights go out and we all are forced, either by legislation, or by sheer economic force to rescind our playground passes and hand in the keys to our cars and hearts.
The writing is on the wall. In these posts, in the news, in every Michael Moore or Al Gore documentary - we are the dinosaurs, doomed to extinction. The BP oil spill is but the beginning of the end - the opening statement for the prosecution - and by August when the oil is still spewing into the Gulf we will be convicted, and by September of NEXT year, when they still have waves of crude lapping the marshes of Louisiana you can bet all of us V10 crazed disregardful souls will be crucified on the side of the highway, strapped to the hoods of our Vipers, covered in oil, and "Shame" wrote on our foreheads with race fuel and set alight - only then, THEN we will giving away our cars for free to avoid the mob, the riots in our garages........ only then.......

Hey, I just spilled lasagna on my lap.
Where was I ???? What are we talking about again ???

Oh well, - time to go for a drive.....

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It burns my butt to see Vipers selling for low numbers - as I'm sure it does with most other readers here. However, in the last couple of years, I have had a nagging suspicion that we are coming into phase a re-currence of what happened to the mighty muscle and torque heydays of the late '60s and early '70's.
The rise of crude costs coupled with the rise of left wing earthly consciousness and the damning of all excess horsepower and vanity is once again upon us.
Oh, I know, - this has been a golden year, considering the product out of Detroit, Japan and Europe. New benchmarks have been set in the power department. Camaro, Challenger, Corvette, GT-R, etc. etc. We have never had it this good. But I'm afraid this might be the last heroic act - the final goodbye - the swan song, if you will, before the lights go out and we all are forced, either by legislation, or by sheer economic force to rescind our playground passes and hand in the keys to our cars and hearts.
The writing is on the wall. In these posts, in the news, in every Michael Moore or Al Gore documentary - we are the dinosaurs, doomed to extinction. The BP oil spill is but the beginning of the end - the opening statement for the prosecution

Oh well, - time to go for a drive.....

So why is England sending a Jet/Rocket car to Africa to try and get 1,000mph this year again?

Hard to cry "Oil shortage when they can afford to waste 50,000 barrells a day." Shouldn't the price go down? Oh yah, the driving part of the price the so-called energy taxes. "To save the enviroment?" when the world is getting colder every year?

Government BS to steal ALL your money.

You go drive, I'm going to finish my Nitrous Oxide console switch plate.

Sorry to steal the thread, but I expect Viper Values to go up by the middle of July when their Collector Value goes up.

Ted

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree that the end of production of Viper as we know it next month is going to give a boost to resale over the course of time. Lots of folks will be kicking themselves in the future when they think they had an opportunity to buy a GTS for 28.5K.

Where are all the buyers who are consistently coming here looking for a low priced GTS?

chiefchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow, NOW we're really off topic

Actually Roffle, my little parable, extreme and satirical as it is, is genuinely on topic of this thread. It explains, in an indirect manner, why your Viper is listing for such a ridiculously low price, and yet still has not sold. ;)

chiefchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree that the end of production of Viper as we know it next month is going to give a boost to resale over the course of time. Lots of folks will be kicking themselves in the future when they think they had an opportunity to buy a GTS for 28.5K.

Where are all the buyers who are consistently coming here looking for a low priced GTS?

As I digress from goofing off in the above posts - I am optimistically agreeing with you SDaddy. As much as it is dismaying to see the end of production of the Viper - it could be the catalyst which brings the value up on the existing ones.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beautiful car. I'm a fan of the cognac interior, but only on black, dark blue, or red cars. At your price, I wouldn't budge for lowballers. People complaining to you about raising the price should just mind their own business since they weren't going to buy it anyways.

OP
OP
R

Roffle Waffle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks.

Got my next car lined up, so I gotta move this thing

Last edited by a moderator:

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the same car and would never sell it for that. Anyone that complains about the interior hasn't seen it in person or on that color combo. Against red/sil/graphite I would say it's not as attractive, on black it looks great and is much cooler than black in the hotter areas
+1 Totally agree ;) The first viper I looked at and put down a deposit on was a Black/ Silver, Connolly leather interior. I love the black on black interiors but the Tan interior looks OK on the Black vipers. The only problem with the one I looked at was that it had been in an accident and given a cert of destruction, it made its way out of a salvage yard to the UK where some low life patched up the car and tried to sell it on with no history! Thank god for Carfax!

Good luck with your sale, that's a great price :2tu:

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So why is England sending a Jet/Rocket car to Africa to try and get 1,000mph this year again?
Hi Ted,
Sorry to go off topic but I can answer this one :)
Remember the 1960's The Space race, man Landing on the moon? Every kid in school wanted to be a Spaceman or get into NASA!
Well the Bloodhound project is about exactly the same thing, Schools are being encouraged to team up with the project and get kids interested in Mathematics and engineering instead of playing for hours on end with their PlayStation's ;) All the engineering which is being performed on this project is going to be made fully public so kids can learn exactly whats involved on a high speed run :)
I really hope they can pull it off but there's no way I would want to drive the thing :omg:

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks.

Got my next car lined up, so I gotta move this thing

Well I think the "market will speak" and I have a feeling it may be more than what the forum is quoting you. You were selling for 29k and no one bit on the forum. I really really hope that you get more than 30k on this. Ebay isn't the best place to sell but I have had luck selling cars for good money on there. I think 31-32k is reasonable on ebay; but I would have suggested a 7 day auction as people get to build up their hopes and competitive spirit over a longer period of time:2tu:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Ted,
Sorry to go off topic but I can answer this one :)
Remember the 1960's The Space race, man Landing on the moon? Every kid in school wanted to be a Spaceman or get into NASA!
Well the Bloodhound project is about exactly the same thing, Schools are being encouraged to team up with the project and get kids interested in Mathematics and engineering instead of playing for hours on end with their PlayStation's ;) All the engineering which is being performed on this project is going to be made fully public so kids can learn exactly whats involved on a high speed run :)
I really hope they can pull it off but there's no way I would want to drive the thing :omg:

Great idea but it's not green! I think that we should always move forward and improve what we have. Plasma, LCDs, CDs and DVDs are how high tech is going backwards. Casettes lasted until you fried them in the sun or drove over them. Instead of super reliable we get CDs and DVDs that seldom remain unscratched after 4 uses! Tv's that have sotp motion in the action scenes because they can't keep up to the 1980 projection screen TVs. Unusual to get a DVD that plays without a stop or burp. A faster land speed record would be GOOD. A more powerful gas mizer engine would be good (and I don't mean the garbage that Toyota advertises 140-145bhp).

Seems that most of our so called "high technologies" are actually steps backwards and just more expensive while being a lesser item.

Vipers got better. Tires got better. Speed records are showing improvements. Too bad that none of the "good stuff" is considered green?

Ted

Status
Not open for further replies.