selling my '99 gts for $29k

Status
Not open for further replies.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
z4M, not z4, to be supercharged

and yes, its an uglier/slower car

No No... I understand... As much as I hate to admit it I once traded a Black on black 70 GTO for a 1974 Brown Mercury Capri because it seemed like the right thing to do at the time so I know where you're coming from... Just busting a little... This is the Viper site:dunno:

Greta=Z4M

You must be registered for see images

Megan=GTS

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't that kinda like dumping Megan Fox for Greta Van Susteren ?:lmao:

Yeah, but Megan just got married. Greta is most likely available if you don't mind a women who strongly resembles a man.

OP
OP
R

Roffle Waffle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Perhaps but it will shift much smoother. Which SC are you putting on her? Is Dinan making anything for it yet?

its an ESS tuning kit. stage 1 is 445hp, stage 2 is 500, stage 3 comes out next year. Dinan doesn't produce anything significant for it

Last edited:

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're selling a Viper for a Z4... :crying:

You could have at least got a M3! ;)

Anyway, your choice.. at least you'll have the car you want early enough to enjoy all of summer.

OP
OP
R

Roffle Waffle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You're selling a Viper for a Z4... :crying:

You could have at least got a M3! ;)

Anyway, your choice.. at least you'll have the car you want early enough to enjoy all of summer.

it pretty much an M3 but much smaller and lighter, its a z4m, its has the s54 engine, m3 tranny, m diff, brakes, suspension, seats, body kit, wheels, steering wheel, etc...

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it pretty much an M3 but much smaller and lighter, its a z4m, its has the s54 engine, m3 tranny, m diff, brakes, suspension, seats, body kit, wheels, steering wheel, etc...

I almost bought a 2006 M3 Competition Package over a Viper since I love that specific M3 and I would've been able to drive it more. However, once I test drove a Viper I didn't even bother test driving a M3 haha, but I'd still very much like to have one! :(

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By the way.. do you have any pictures of the exact car you're buying with body kit and all?

There are some bad a$$ body kits for the M3, some of the hoods are sick.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I almost bought a 2006 M3 Competition Package over a Viper since I love that specific M3 and I would've been able to drive it more. However, once I test drove a Viper I didn't even bother test driving a M3 haha, but I'd still very much like to have one! :(

Been there, done that. When I sold my 2002 Viper I needed something more daily driver friendly so I bought 2006 Interlagos Blue Competition M3. Sure it felt small and light, but the total lack of torque after owning a Viper was cruel. I sold it after the summer and bought a Copperhead instead:drive:

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been there, done that. When I sold my 2002 Viper I needed something more daily driver friendly so I bought 2006 Interlagos Blue Competition M3. Sure it felt small and light, but the total lack of torque after owning a Viper was cruel. I sold it after the summer and bought a Copperhead instead:drive:

Interlagos blue was the exact color I was going to buy, if I couldn't get mystic blue.. I even bought the poster of it and had it framed to hype me up!

On Poster: "Street Legal. Pretty much." ;)

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score

:D

Beautiful cars, and the Z4M isn't a bad choice either. I know a guy with a 335ci and a Z4m, and he love's them both.

OSUbrew

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Pretty much an M3, but doesn't look near as nice IMO. M3 looks worlds better.

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Relative to Viper desirability. Just look at the current competition being offered by FORD. The new 2011 mustang is receiving all kinds of praise. 400HP and it will be selling for around $36k. From Shelby with 500HP for around $55k. Supposedly with handling near that of a BMW M3.

Once these start to depreciate and get sold they will offer pretty tough competition for older Vipers.

Personnaly, there are just to many mustangs on the road given the money. For me the Vipers classic sports car lines, aggressive stance, super handling are the way to go.

Bottom line is there is just alot more competition in the same Horsepower category. What will the average guy buy?

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Relative to Viper desirability. Just look at the current competition being offered by FORD. The new 2011 mustang is receiving all kinds of praise. 400HP and it will be selling for around $36k. From Shelby with 500HP for around $55k. Supposedly with handling near that of a BMW M3.

Once these start to depreciate and get sold they will offer pretty tough competition for older Vipers.

Personnaly, there are just to many mustangs on the road given the money. For me the Vipers classic sports car lines, aggressive stance, super handling are the way to go.

Bottom line is there is just alot more competition in the same Horsepower category. What will the average guy buy?

Comparing a Mustang of any year to a Viper makes no sense. Compare a Mustang gT to a Cahllenger R/T and compare a Shelby GT500 to a Cahllenger SRT8 (with an added supercharger). Compare a mustang to a Camaro of a supercharged caddy.

They never compared a Mustang to a Ford GT, they compared a Ford GT to a Viper and a Z06.

That would be like comparing a Viper to a CK mercedes. You know, backseats etc. I ran around a track with a Audi TT in my way. Maybe a Mustang could compare to an Audi TT? Think of all the insurance you'd save since the Mustang isn't even close to a Viper's class.

Ted

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mustangs ****.. I hate them, and the fact there are so many ****** me off. I'm so tired of seeing them and hearing about them, there is nothing special about them. Some of you might love them and hate me for saying it, but that's fine, I seriously can't stand them.

The only Mustangs I don't mind are the newer style Saleen and the new GT500 Cobra. Also the older one, the 1967 Ford Mustang GT500.. Eleanor in the movie Gone in 60 seconds was nice. All normal everyday Mustangs irritate me greatly...and most of the time their drivers do as well.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The Gavel drops in a little more than 3hours... No Reserve...

High Bid at $27.1k 10 bidders in...

Any thoughts on where the bidding will go ?

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You'd think it'd go for 30K since that is what the bidding went up to on his first auction on June4th. Why didnt you just sell it back then....

Dodge : Viper: eBay Motors (item 120576158504 end time Jun-04-10 21:35:53 PDT)
(mod - this is not active so dont delete)

My :money: is on 29,105 Someone is gonna be getting a nice deal on a GTS selling for less than a new Honda Accord... I hope they drive and enjoy it. Heck i hope someone in DE buys it so i could have someone to cruise with:drive:

EX-L V-6 Starting at $29,105

OP
OP
R

Roffle Waffle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You'd think it'd go for 30K since that is what the bidding went up to on his first auction on June4th. Why didnt you just sell it back then....

Dodge : Viper: eBay Motors (item 120576158504 end time Jun-04-10 21:35:53 PDT)
(mod - this is not active so dont delete)

My :money: is on 29,105 Someone is gonna be getting a nice deal on a GTS selling for less than a new Honda Accord... I hope they drive and enjoy it. Heck i hope someone in DE buys it so i could have someone to cruise with:drive:

You must be registered for see images attach

EX-L V-6 Starting at $29,105
last time I had a deadbeat bidder, who didn't care to get pre-approved for a loan before bidding.

I'm betting on $28,500

OP
OP
R

Roffle Waffle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
1 bidder was trying to go to 29,900 last second, but messed up his bid. oh well, better than 28,500 =)))

SOLD!

RPHJR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will be sold, when the funds are in your account.... the bad news is, you have a good chance there will be a financing hiccup, or a deadbeat bidder... They(ebay) should charge a fee to deadbeat bidders.. Of at least $250 inconvenience fee..

Good luck, hopefully it gets funded..

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Roffle Waffle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
yeah, I agree, its too early to get excited. I have a backup buyer for $29,700 though, ready to place a deposit

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I guessing $30k is the resistance point for a Gen II. My ad for my 98 GTS at $35k = no interest in the first two weeks.

Solid Silver 98 GTS - ViperClub Classifieds

I see a new solid silver 98 GTS is listed for $37,500 now. Hope he has better luck.

No, I think that $30,000 is blowout - I'm going broke sale. $35,000 is a lowball price and higher mile cars (over 30K) and modified cars are much harder to sell. If I could stand to drive a Viper that would only go 12s I would probably buy a spare for when I get 250,000 miles on one that I'm driving. Then I could put my blower and mods onto the slow Viper so that I wouldn't have to buy a fresh engine, trans and rear diff. just take it off of the 'spare' car.

Here in Canada a Gen 2 hood costs $28,000 plus shipping and 12% taxes. So ... a new hood is worth more than your entire $30,000 car, eh?

My ACR is listed for $56,999 and seems to be about even with other premium modded cars prices. Her that is a mind blowing deal for a car that has seen the high side of $140,000. I've had a couple enquiries but nothing serious. It ***** when no one has any money and when the interest goes up.

Rizzo sold his near stock, great condition 97 GTS for about $35,000. Took a 2 months. His GTS had 60,000 miles on it.

http://forums.viperclub.org/canada-western/637049-gts-sale-dropped-price.html

I thought I lived in the bush, but he lives in Saskatechwan. LOL

Ted

Status
Not open for further replies.