Server Upgrade 5/5/06

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know, I know.... it's about time......

We'll be doing a "major tune up" to the Viperclub.org server on Thursday, May 5th. We'll start at about 8:30 AM CST and throughout the day different areas of the site will be unavailable as the upgrade proceeds. We'll start with the Forums and move through the Galleries and then the IVR area.

We have been testing for several weeks and expect things to go smoothly, but as with any major change, there is always the chance we missed a few items, so please hang in there with us. The end result should be worth it.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was going to comment yesterday... on and off I would get huge speed spikes and figured you had to have been doing some tests. Looking good so far! :2tu:

Compensating

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since we are cracking jokes..

can I get my avitar updated!!! yes.. yes.. it's blank.. I just saw you look to the left...

The viper pic in my gallery will work just fine... there is only one..

thanks for the help!!

snakebitdave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW!!!!!!!!!!

This thing is smokin today (5-4).

THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU THANK-YOU.

This is great!

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm,

I'm on a 3MB line and I don't see any difference in the speed of this site, drat.

-J

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The website seems faster except the top of the forums pages(Home, Membership, Forum drop down menu, Classifieds, Events, etc. now take FOREVERRRRR to load). I cleaned out all my cookies and cahce but that didnt help any :confused:

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The website seems faster except the top of the forums pages(Home, Membership, Forum drop down menu, Classifieds, Events, etc. now take FOREVERRRRR to load). I cleaned out all my cookies and cahce but that didnt help any :confused:

That was noted earlier by me also, I emailed them and they responded. I think they have fixed it, it just worked for me. This is a significant change to get to this speed and there may be minor issues that crop up that need fixes.......Me, I don't care, the little stuff can be fixed, the SPEED is what counts.

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jay, as one who has had a chance to sample this, I would not call this a tune up, I would call it a Twin Turbo Install! If all goes well, these folks are gonna love it!

Nicely said! Good work Jay!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That was noted earlier by me also, I emailed them and they responded. I think they have fixed it, it just worked for me. This is a significant change to get to this speed and there may be minor issues that crop up that need fixes.......Me, I don't care, the little stuff can be fixed, the SPEED is what counts.

I'm still having the same problem :confused:

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks lee. i had a feeling that was the case, but i didnt know if they wanted to know what bugs still existed and needed worked out.

AWESOME JOB SO FAR!! :2tu:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235