Shout Out To All Our Iowa Members Impacted By Floods

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I know this is a VCA site, it is made up of members some of whom live in Iowa. There are deaths and the flood waters have surpassed previous records.

I am just expressing my concern for anyone in VCA who lives in the effected areas in and outside of Iowa and to let them know that people are thinking about them.

Thanks

Peter

1998 RT/10, Red :evilmad: (5k miles) "TATORIZED"

:usa:FIREFIGHTERS SAVE LIVES AND PROPERTY:usa:

SUPPORT TATORS DODGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As an Iowa guy and although I live in the desert in Arizona, my thoughts and concerns go out to the Hawkeye State. I heard that Cedar Rapids has 3 Billion dollars in flood damage alone.

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the sentiment. I live in the Cedar Rapids metro area. My home and business are in a suburb that thankfully did not get flooded. (very wet, but not flooded) My wifes office however had 9 feet of water on the first floor. It is very devastating to see the downtown area. Over 1300... yes I said 1300 city blocks were under up to 15 feet of water. The devastation has been labled "Katrina" level by those disaster inspectors that are now here. Just as a reference, the flood stage of the river is 12 feet... last Friday it crested at 31.5 feet, nearly 20 feet OVER flood stage. The water has receded now and the massive clean up can begin, however it will be a very long time before things get back to where they were. The inspectors are guessing that 50-75% of the affected homes will have to be bulldozed. At the height of the flood approx. 24,000 people were evacuated. That's ALOT of people. Again, thanks for the thoughts, we need them.

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its the least I can do, to recognize the people of the club (rather than the cars) who are in or from the affected area or have family/friends there.

Peter

1998 RT/10, Viper Red :evilmad: (5k miles) "TATORIZED"

:usa:FIREFIGHTERS SAVE LIVES AND PROPERTY:usa:

SUPPORT TATORS DODGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave