Side sill dented...must they be replaced?

prodiver

VCA Member
Reaction score
I assume you have a 92 to 95 with the side exhaust and these are the sills you are talking about. When I bought my 95 both side sills were slightly dented. As long as they are not punctured or torn they are not difficult to repair. If they are badly dented you should do something about them right away because they will get a lot hotter if you don't. They are not difficult to remove but you will need to remove the insulation inside to get at the damage. Most of it is pop rivited or held in with screws. Just remove what you have to to get at the damage and use a body tool or a ballpene hammer to pound the dents out. You can either use screws or pop rivets to put the insulation back in. I sanded mine with 400 grit sandpaper until it was smooth and then just got a can of Hi temp. 1500 degree flat black spray paint and repainted them. That was 2 months ago and the paint still looks good. I did this first and then I decided to change the exhaust and get rid of that big muffler, should have done it the first time.

OP
OP
P

prodiver

VCA Member
Reaction score
I should have read further down the board before I posted that reply. There is already a fix posted. I needed the typing practice anyway. Good luck with yours.