Side Sills ----------------- part II

JH23JOB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a scenario that might be helpful to the earlier side sill Post.....

Today I wash my car, and when I'm done, I go to dry off the whole thing, right ?? As usual, I open the hood, doors, and Hatch (GTS) to try and get in all the little places that water loves to hide, which there are many. Anyhow, as I'm wiping down the side sills, I happen to catch a rivet with my towel, and it came right out of the #$%* Sill !! *** ?? I also check out both sills really good, because of the last particular post on this subject, and find that there are areas on both sills that are bubbled.

I have the extended warranty on my '96 GTS, and it expires next June.

What would be the first thing to do ?? Who would I contact ?? I think the local dealer would be useless here in Duluth.

I hope this will direct whoever else runs across this problem in the right direction too. Thanks !!

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have the same problem with my 96. The side sills got so hot that the side sill insulation deformed and pulled some of the rivets holding it to the side sill right out of the holes. Dodge will not fix it under my extended warranty due to my after market exhaust. Maybe you will fare better than me.

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DD...Stop by Archer's and see what they can do for you...They handle alot of the warranty work for the Twin City area dealerships that cannot even spell viper, let alone wrench on one!