sir hiss is on ebay

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why 120K for a chassis? Just wondering, because my last car had a NHRA certified 6 second legal cage (Chris A's Avenger chassis, 69 camaro body) although I never hit the 9 second range
laugh.gif

some of the local pro-mod boys didn't even spend 20K in their chassis.. but a whole bunch went into the motors (****** has the worlds fastest smallblock!)

MM

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Tony,

I'm AL now! I'm thinking of coming down to Tampa here soon! If I can stay with Chucky or Gebil boy...I'm down!

Hey Chuck and Gerbil...where's antonio been? Did he get married?

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
hey chuck, where are you working now? I might take you up on that offer. Do you like to deep sea fish in clearwater?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never been able to get into fishing or the whole boating thing. Maybe if I could fish off of the Miss Budweiser speed
boat?

I'm working in Sarasota. 1:15 drive one way. The things I do for my children.
rolleyes.gif

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I'm surprised that no one has asked me who my reliable source is that quoted to me that it's a "BIG FANCY GM MOTOR"????<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In other words, if after all that hoo ha you spouted it turns out you were wrong, well, you had a good source so it was the source that was really wrong, not you? Give us a break! Either take Sir Hiss up on his bet, or at least send the man some lobster.
smile.gif

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A better question is why anyone would CARE who your "source" is. Psst...all the guys on the Viper board are chicken to ask Mark who his source is. . . pass it on. I can hear Sir Hiss laughing from here.

USAF BAD ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MadMaxx:
No flames intended... the car is quite amazing.

But for 150K... dammmmnnn.

Why so much? The car can be duplicated with the same trap speeds for ~60K with all new components and donner car parts from a 96 GTS (wrecked of course, what does it matter? Just need the vin for ttl)

MM

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

that is a rice statement down to the bone... the cars got years of blood sweat and tears and is probably one of the few streetable cars around that can run 7's, with a/c even! Not to mention it's a famous car that's been featured all over. If I had a few spare dollars I'd surely buy it for that!

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by USAF BAD ASP on 07-22-2002 at 08:21 AM</font>

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From a race POV, it was a simple question. Yeah, it's famous and all, but from a build POV (350K is what he said to build), I don't see the attraction. Why cut up a normal, clean title car and drop in a V8?

Don't say it's rice.. ricers don't give a **** about tube chassis cars. If I said lets add a 3' wing and stickers.. yeah, thats rice.

MM

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MadMaxx:
Why 120K for a chassis? Just wondering, because my last car had a NHRA certified 6 second legal cage (Chris A's Avenger chassis, 69 camaro body) although I never hit the 9 second range
laugh.gif

some of the local pro-mod boys didn't even spend 20K in their chassis.. but a whole bunch went into the motors (****** has the worlds fastest smallblock!)

MM

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont undestand this either. $120K for a chassis? I have had my share of dragsters and have never spent $120K on a chassis...even with full tin, hand made tin/aluminum interiors with hidden rivets, smoothed welds, etc. $320K? .....ummmmm ok....this is kind of like the guys trying to charge $50K for a supercharger.....ummmmmmmmm no!

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy Cow! It's obvious you don't know or ever been in a 7 SECOND DAILY DRIVER VIPER GTS.. Sure you can build something cheaper, but it will still be a mustang... Duhhhh..

Gerald

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ummm...

No, I haven't been in a 7 second daily driver viper. I have, howeve,powerd down the quarter in a 6 second car, which also drove itself to the track.

This is not ment to be a flame war, I just want to know how a tube chasis around viper skin will cost 120K. And this can hardly be considered a viper anymore. Like saying a pro-mod vette is a corvete.. .no... it's a pro-mod car. This has a lenco trans, 9" rear and a V8.. .about the only thing viper in it are the seats, body and AC.

Don't get me wrong, killer car.. but I don't buy into the whole deal.

Technicly, ANYTHING can be a daily driver if you are willing to put up with it. The qualifactions for street legal here include turn signals, headlights, tail lights and window netting.

MM

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I take a wrecked lamborghini, drop a 800hp BBC, 4-link and a set of slicks.. is it a lamboghini?

Forget the logistics of such a conversion (as you would rip appart a porsche transaxle quick with that much torque), as it is not the point.

MM

Reaction score
You really need to appreciate the car for what it is. It was built to be unique, fast, reliable, street legal and go down the dragstrip with the ac on
smile.gif
. I've seen the car, raced against it, and you simply cannot judge this vehicle without seeing it up-close & personal. The car is flat-out impressive and is absolutely one of a kind. The fact that it's a street legal Viper with all the amenities and a certified chassis makes it even more desirable. I don't know if ebay is the way to sell this car... It's going to take a certain individual that can really appreciate the amount of detail that went into it.

Best Regards,
Doug

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can I have a ride in Sir Hiss?
smile.gif
I am closer
laugh.gif

And it would make gerald happy.. then I can say "Yes, I have been in a 7 second viper" hehehe...

Lemme know...

MM

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can I have a ride in Sir Hiss?
smile.gif
I am closer
laugh.gif

And it would make gerald happy.. then I can say "Yes, I have been in a 7 second viper" hehehe...

Lemme know...

MM

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

me happy? bah hum bug

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>us Florida boys really know how to hook-up a northerner with these southern women that know how to treat a guy right.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

C'mon hisser, after all that guff about the motor, not to mention defaming Gene Fulton, forget them women and hook Marky Mark up on one of them southern canoe rides with the banjo player and them local hunters--you know what i'm talking about. I'll bet he's plum purty. Soooooeeeeeee!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62