Smog Test Only Station East Bay

Solid Red 98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well my registration is dependent on a smog "test only" station. Are there any places you guys recommend to have my Viper smoged in the East Bay Area? Is one station as good as the next for Vipers?

wigginz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, I'll throw in my 2 cents since no one else seems to be ;)

I haven't had to get mine smogged yet, but the word I've got around the Bay Area is to get in touch with Valaya Racing in San Jose (Valaya Racing). They have a good connection with a smog place in that area that works with Vipers. Especially those that may not be stock. Worth a quick call to see what they recommend. If you do, let me know how it works out.

By the way, was it your red GTS I saw on Monday in the Safeway shopping center on Ygnacio/Clayton Rd. in Clayton? Just curious, I've never seen the car in the area and I'm pretty sure it was a '98.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I'll throw in my 2 cents since no one else seems to be ;)

I haven't had to get mine smogged yet, but the word I've got around the Bay Area is to get in touch with Valaya Racing in San Jose (Valaya Racing). They have a good connection with a smog place in that area that works with Vipers. Especially those that may not be stock. Worth a quick call to see what they recommend. If you do, let me know how it works out.

By the way, was it your red GTS I saw on Monday in the Safeway shopping center on Ygnacio/Clayton Rd. in Clayton? Just curious, I've never seen the car in the area and I'm pretty sure it was a '98.
Are you pretty sure it was a '98? Did it have "98" on the car somewhere? I can't tell a red 97 to 2002 apart unless I see the interior, and even then can't get the exact year.

As for smog. Valaya is the place to go. Just got mine smogged a few weeks ago... no hassles, and I'm not completely "stock" either.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
-98 fog light cover
99 and up NO fog light cover
for example!
:D

wigginz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
-98 fog light cover
99 and up NO fog light cover
for example!
:D

That little clear cover following the line of the fascia? Good to know!

You caught me heheh, I wasn't completely sure... but it had the 17" wheels and red 98's seem to be the most popular of those years, I was playing the odds :cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsalameh