So, Have Some Chrome That Looks Like It Was "Cleaned" with Steel Wool...Any Ideas?

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its actually a chrome drum I picked up, but found out the chrome was dulled and may have been "cleaned" with steel wool:nono:...lots of fine scratches! :(

Since my Viper brothers/sisters (some are drummers) are the experts for me on all things shiney, wondered if you had any suggestions for bringing out more of the shine?

Thanks very much!:2tu:

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: So, Have Some Chrome That Looks Like It Was "Cleaned" with Steel Wool...Any Ideas

Metal Polish #2 will take your metal one step further than #1! It is amazing stuff!

You really need to be careful with chrome. Sometimes it can be pretty thin and you can burn through it. Always practice in a small area and start with the least agressive method first. Scratches may be difficult to get out of chrome. Good luck, if I can help, PM me!

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: So, Have Some Chrome That Looks Like It Was "Cleaned" with Steel Wool...Any Ideas

Thanks, I'll check them out. I knew I could get some good recommendations from here! I did receive the drum today and the scratches are not as bad as they looked in the photos. A good polishing (hand) should hopefully get much of it out.

sssammm

Enthusiast
Reaction score

garryflex rubbing blocks, they are rubber impregnated with grit, used for jewellery, fantastic for bringing up shine