SO How does the new Mods to the SRT LOOK!!!!!!

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Raced an SRT on Sunday, 20 minutes from the plant, it was on display at a Mopar show that I was in as well in my 97 GTS.

I find the new version undetectable from the old......but that's just me. Camera angles can make the SRT look like a dud or a stud it seems, whatever your trying to make it look.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But how does it look in person? Did it convert all you whiners or is it still a dud? Personally, I like it but I have not seen it in person yet.

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't want to get anyone upset....but there was an interesting article about the NEW SRT in the Nor Cal Viper newsletter. Dodge had one in town for marketing purposes and a few local Viper owners heard about it and met up with them. I don't remember everything in the article because it was long and I read it a few weeks ago, but the bottom line I was able to get from it was the following:

Even though the New Viper is 'new', the 'old' GEN II Vipers got much more looks and grabbed more attention while driving in the San Francisco/Bay Area. Now, the new Viper should perform better than any previous year Vipers, but outrageous and exotics looks was one of the main reasons why I chose to get one. (Someone please correct me if I interpreted the article incorrectly)

These are not my opinions, but I feel like many others have privately and publicly shared similar ones. I hope it is a success, but, at this point, I am glad I decided to keep my '01 ACR.

-Wayne

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by venom:
guys surely someone must have some response to this, HOW does SHE LOOK!?!?!?!? any really differnces from the initial SRT??

Thanks...,

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got a call from several guys from Houston that were right in front of the car. Guy's that liked it beforehand. It'll be interesting to see if those guys get on here & tell the truth about their opinions or if they just keep quiet.

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LTHL VPR:

Even though the New Viper is 'new', the 'old' GEN II Vipers got much more looks and grabbed more attention while driving in the San Francisco/Bay Area. Now, the new Viper should perform better than any previous year Vipers, but outrageous and exotics looks was one of the main reasons why I chose to get one. (Someone please correct me if I interpreted the article incorrectly)

These are not my opinions, but I feel like many others have privately and publicly shared similar ones. I hope it is a success, but, at this point, I am glad I decided to keep my '01 ACR.

-Wayne

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't see the article, but it has my sentiments exactly. I like the look of the GEN II much better and is a great part of the reason I got my GEN II in the first place and won't trade up to a GEN III. The first time I see the new SRT-10 coming up on me fast on the road I'll probably think, look at this guy in the Camaro trying to do a fly by on me.

Brad_Milde

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got home from VOI. This weekend was the first time I got a look at the SRT-10. I got to see it A LOT--several passing by on the highway, and in and around the hotel area. Unfortunately, from all the pictures I've seen, I felt I got a very good representation of the car--and my impressions aren't that positive. In my opinion, from the back, it's pretty ****. From the front, it's kind of blah. The ones I saw coming towards me on the highway, I could definitely notice it was something unusual from far away...looked very low and pretty agressive. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the thing drives unbelieveable. Actually, a Skip Barber racing instructor told me that at the straight stretch at the Nashville Superspeedway he could get a GTS up to about 135. He said he got it up to a little over 145 with the new SRT. But anyway, it doesn't even come close to the styling radicalism of the GEN1 and GEN2 cars.

One PVO guy told me that when he drives the SRT around, people notice it's something different, but he definitely does not get the response like the current ones. I think that's a pretty good synopsis of the SRT. Overall, I think that anyone that is fortunate to own one of these beasts will still be happy. But they have to understand that this car is no classic, and will not be remembered like the GEN1 and GEN2 cars.

There you have it folks, my opinion and random thoughts. :)

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by So Cal Viper:
So are you going to tell us what they said????

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Everyone I spoke to said the Performance was INCREDIBLE and the styling/look was very mediocre.

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I attended a seminar about the SRT. The car has some very impressive technological improvements (extensive use of magnesium) and a 60-0 stopping distance of under 100 feet!! Now that is impressive. They also are going after the record set by the AC cobra on 0-100-0. Im not sure if they will achieve this,but so far they have already seen a stopping distance of 99 feet for 60-0. They also have a new feature for winterizing the car. At the drag strip, the SRTs ran about 2/10's faster than the other stock gen II cars and about 2-3mph faster. I would say that straight line performance is improved but its no quantum leap. I heard many complaints about the lack of a clamshell hood. Since all vipers are low, the changes that are captured from a camera (raised fenders, etc)are not too noticeable while standing and looking down upon the car. You need to be stooping to notice the raised fenders. Sitting inside the car, the fenders are pretty noticeable from the drivers seat. I did like the interior layout and didnt have any complaints about anything there.I think everyone thinks the front of the car looks "OK" but the rear really looks "blah". In a speech I noticed that they wanted to put "a little viper" in all their cars. My hunch is that they are mixing everything together a bit. It just seems that the back looks a little like the sebring. The diffuser helped but the back still needs work.
After seeing photographs about the SRT, I had originally started to warm up to the new car a little. But seeing hte car in person, it didnt scream buy me. Now if htey make a street version of the competition coupe, ill write a check right now.

Brad_Milde

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SmokinV10:

After seeing photographs about the SRT, I had originally started to warm up to the new car a little. But seeing hte car in person, it didnt scream buy me. Now if htey make a street version of the competition coupe, ill write a check right now.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You aren't kidding man. The interest in the Competition Coupe and its looks was still really high at this years VOI7, even though the car was at VOI6 over two years ago. They need to make a GTS modeled after the Competition Coupe quickly! I emphasized this point to every PVO person I could find.
supergrin.gif