So, The Red Bburago I Picked Up Because I Thought it Was Different....

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, that sucked.....car came with the driver's door under the front tire, the thing was totally dusty, had standard gray interior (pic looked like tan) and so on.

He would take it back but I have to pay return shipping.....what a waste....so bad deal and I'm stuck with another red Gen 1.

UGH:mad:

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah, still love my red....but do hate distrustful Ebay sellers. He listed the car as new in box....and I get that he changed the wheels, okay, so that was my bad. But, for a good car (red), it isn't a bad deal at US $9.99 if new. But add in US$8.99 for shipping and it's not such a good deal. If I have to pay another $8-10 to return, how does that really benefit me????

I may just sand it down and paint it pearl white, with black stripes....not original, but cool looking none the same.

Oh, an I forgot to mention that the door that was off also had a defect in the metal which made the door look bad on top of it.

Ugh!:crazy2:

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I agree with your point about paying the return shipping. I bought this 2013 not realizing it was a model (kit) that needed to be assembled. Now I'm paying return shipping to get my refund. I wouldn't have purchased in the first place if his listing said it was a kit.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/360744522756

BTW, I haven't been able to find the display cases at Michaels lately, which stinks because I've purchased a bunch more 1:18 cars.

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Mark....nice to hear from you, hope all is well.

Well, I just couldn't justify the net of about $10 after all was said and done....I'd rather just give it to my son to mess around with, as it is very close to "Daddy's". Or, as I mentioned, I might sand it down and paint it pearl white (do like the Viper in this color) and put on black stripes, paint the wheels black. But, that is a lot of work for little in return......

On Michaels, was there yesterday and happened to go down that aisle just to see if they still carried the cases.....they don't, at least my store doesn't. Since I really stopped picking up anymore, I didn't bother to ask it they were still on their inventory sheets. next time I'm there, I'll ask if there isn't a line. :)

I've read that Walmart has been carrying 1:18 and that they do have Vipers...haven't seen them personally, so only heresay. Also heard that Costco had them, but was there yesterday and they didn't have any out on display.

That's it for me.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper