So what do you all think?

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to know what everyone thinks of this new NY/CT Region forum. If it's preferable to all our members, we can shut down our local site forum (the rest of the website would stay) and move all the "message board discussion" over to here.

Please discuss. We're completely open to suggestion.

Hostile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The good part of having both is if this site crashes we still
have a NY/Ct site to go to.

Skeeter

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
skeeter, i like that idea. it makes sense.

unfortunately NOBODY uses our local site.

Hostile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand the lack of posts on the NY/Ct site
but maybe a sticky here with a link to our site?
Then people would be able to find us,some people
don't even know about the links on the home page.
Just some ideas.

Skeeter

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly. This is what I have been talking to Jay about for months and I am really happy that it happened. This is a great asset to the website!!
Are you speaking of Jay Herbert? His only interest was to bring more trafic to what was effectively (and formerly) his website ($$$). He was determined NOT to have any forums outside the national site.

Some interesting points made here.

Russ, you can upload a photo to your gallery here or on the NY/CT site and then link the url into your post to add an image.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think with this regional area now on the VCA site there is really no need for the NY/CT site, it was seldom used. This now makes the third possible area to post local information and events, and IMO that's two too many. This is really where the events and such should be posted, but it will tale a while to migrate here from the general events area. At least it's all in one place.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to admit I check both sites...but practically speaking, guess that one site would be better than 2 or 3. We can all navigate this one and get our local events, others' ideas, others' opinions on various mods, etc....this site has been working great, and has been getting a lot of positive feedback. We'd be cool with using just this site for all info. :cool:
~mike & juli~

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who was banned that can't post here but can on the NY CT forum......
That's who it would affect.....

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who was banned that can't post here but can on the NY CT forum......
That's who it would affect.....

There should be an amnesty program now that Jay has been booted, he had an agenda against some people.

FREE YO TONY! :nana:

Hostile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
City
With Hennessey being back it would seem fair that
YO Tony gets back,if its good for Tex its good for NY?

Skeeter

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've sent a PM to Chris about YoTony. I didn't think to ask if his banning could be reversed only in this section. That's a creative compromise from a guy that's also capable of reassembling and installing his own supercharger!

Anyway, I'll pass that compromise along. BTW- It's not up to me.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shut down the NY/CT forum and stay on this site. It where all the eyeballs are! :nana:

I didn't realize YoTony was a lifer. But this being the internet, he doesn't need a presidential pardon. He can just create a new account. But given his posting style, it wouldn't surprise me if he will serve 2 or more life sentences. :buttkick:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Bo,
Did you see the info you were looking for the other day on the Mystic,CT cruise?? We are debating whether we can make that one or not, are you? STILL want to see your car on your avatar!!! Yep, we had the local forums, but not many of 'us' were using it really.
See ya soon ~juli~

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Juli,
Still haven't seen any info on Mystic cruise. Where is it??

Bo don't know

Bo--check your private messages, I posted elsewhere too (the link from Jeff Torrey/NE, but forget where!! :dunno: )
If you're going, let us know---we may be able to swing that one...won't really know tho til probably last minute due to weather/work. ~juli~

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've sent a PM to Chris about YoTony. I didn't think to ask if his banning could be reversed only in this section. That's a creative compromise from a guy that's also capable of reassembling and installing his own supercharger!

Anyway, I'll pass that compromise along. BTW- It's not up to me.

Ask and ye shall receive. The web committee went over this request and Tony has been notified that he can post in THIS forum only. And as with ALL site users, he is expected to follow by the rules. Of course not only will those vicious VCA moderators be watching, but this CitySerpent guy also has a wand now.
:spank:

This is a big deal as Scott noted - we rarely (if ever) lift a ban. We appreciate your support and hope you continue to enjoy the VCA forums! :2tu:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235