So what have you been spanked by while in your snake?

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I seems that anything that lines up next to me in Chicago has no chance whatsoever..... there's just no competition out there for a safe 0-60 run-up on the street. I have several customers who always tell me of kill stories, never something that they lost to (Maybe they wouldn't tell me...). Can't tell you how many modified TA's, Stangs, Vettes, etc. that I've spanked myself. I guess I haven't met my match out there yet (Although I've never raced a Viper yet). There just isn't enough 100K cars on the road I guess..... My last victim was a new Carrera by 3 lenghts+ the other night up to 85+. For all of you making more than 425 RWHP, what has given you a run for your $?

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been spanked by a gorgeous young woman while in my Viper. Ooops, did you mean what car have you been spanked by?
laugh.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only way not to ever be beaten is to never race. You must not spend too much time at the drag strip cuz here in CA there are a ton of cars at the strip that can beat me. Like the low 11 sec Camaro with a 454, cage and slicks I was in front of two times ago or the BPU+ Supra (420rwhp) and ET's that ran a 12.1 against me last time out.
I guess I shouldn't have responded as I only had 422 SAE HP with tubes/filters last dyno
smile.gif

OP
OP
S

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure a new twin Turbo AWD Porsche would be a great match. I've just never seen one on the street. I've raced several cars with roll cages, NOS, and still haven't had anyone pull on me. I guess our cars are at the top of the food chain.... which is the best place to be....

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since getting my Viper the only 2 cars that have ever spanked me as you say were GMC Syclones. And normaly you would not expect this to happen, however both people were friends of mine, and I helped put both trucks together. Spanking the Viper is probably a simple task for either truck considering they both put down 525hp to the wheels and 700lb's of torque each. Maybe I need to modify my viper, it is kinda embarasing getting spanked by trucks
smile.gif

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used to be absolutely facinated by Syclones. After owning 4, I am a little less enthusiastic about them. They sure do hook hard and get out of the hole like RIGHT NOW. hahaa Just curious if I know your Syclone buddies. What are their names? I coorganized the original Syclone and Typhoon Nationals here in KC.

Viablo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's worse than being spanked by someone in another car?
Being spanked by your friend in your other car (see below).
Actually it went like this. We take off from a roll and he pulls away from me about a car, when he shifts (he's not the best driver)to second we're pretty much even, when he shifts to 3rd I am ahead by a car, next thing i know when we hit about 120 he walks right by me. No respect. Watch out for those modified ZR1's, they've got 3 cams too many.
By the way my GTS is bone stock, only has 1100 miles, and this is the first time i really got on it. We'll see what happens after some headers, etc. etc.

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Neil:

You were on L.I so you may have encountered Phil DeJohn, Larry Merrow, Carmen & Denny (Vette Drs.), etc. I hung with that group a bit when I had my (modified) 94 ZR-1. They run low 11's on motor and have incredible top end. Going down to one of these ZR-1's is no embarassment whatsoever.

OP
OP
S

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I'll have to start looking for some modified ZR-1's. I've never had my snake at the track yet. I'd be curious what she would do.... TOOFAST, we must get to 66 SOON!!!!

Viablo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi ACR Joe,
Carmen and Denny are friends of mine and so is Phil. I knew Larry when he ran the registry but i have not seen him in years.
I guess i wasn't that clear in my original post, but i lost to my own ZR1. I let my friend drive it while i was in the viper.
My zr1 was modified by Kim Baker, (i did't know the vette doctors then), and has been serviced by Carmen and Denny since 1994. You are absolutely right about the top end. When it hits fourth gear (120mph)it just takes off like a bat out of hell.
I guess eventually i'll get around to some serious modifications with the Viper. For now I'm still trying to familiarize myself with the car. It's kind of tricky getting out of a car that revs 7200rpm and into the viper that rev's much lower. I need to get used to the quick shifts,the shift points, as well as the tight suspension. I think another 1000 miles and i'll be as comfortable with the Snake as i am with the vette.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SteveO,we tried for friday but rain,maybe this week,mail me your schedual.Here's the deal,M-F its Rt.66(a bit slow for street tires).Sat./Sun. its Byron (concrete pad,vht prep=11's on steet tires.)We've got a good group ready to roll.Talk at ya

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Performin Norman,

If you are familiar with the sy/ty world then you will definatly know at least one of my budies. He is the loved and hated Guy L. or the syclone that has gotten more magazine coverage than any of the other. And he is also the one that still holds the record for the fastest stock block/crank syclone (10.92@126). The other friend is Tori, whose truck just got finished and should be a terror at this years event. But there are alot more people that I know from that whole sceene. Just some of the names Sean Morris, Mike Lee, Andrew (???) basicly all the west coast guys. I was also at the 99 KC event with guy, when he won the whole thing.

Kid97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PMUM:
Paging Kid'97GTS....just outta curiousity, is there anything that worked you over last weekend?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, her name was V-Ness.

OP
OP
S

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait! Hold the phone! Should have knocked on wood after the post. Well, I didn't have the forture of running it, but my best customer ran a new Diablo last night (1:00 am), no plates and all. He said they started around 60 or so..... Well, 12 cylinders later he was 3 car lenghts behind him around 110 or so. I don't think many of us will ever be able to match up to this kind of $ on the street ever. Just think, I'm only 17k away from a turbo.... and spanking Mr. mighty $200k+ V-12, But, I still say, on the street, I'm still on top from 0-60ish.....

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
steveb,
Like jcaspar1 and Rick Martino said, all you have to do is visit your local drag strip, and you're likely to find plenty of Viper Killers. Just this Sunday, I got edged out by a blown LT1 Camaro. The kid (maybe he was all of 21) ran an 11.3 at 123.5 mph. But then I ran an 11.5 at 123.1 mph, which was a personal best ET and trap speed, so I was elated nonetheless, even though the kid's plates were "ANTIVNM". Oh well, if he can get an LT1 into the low 11's, all the more power to him. BTW, that Lambo kill is hard to explain.

Motor City Mad Man,
Funny, the first thought that came into my head when I read the title of this thread was what you said. Maybe my wife is right: all men are evil.

jcaspar1,
Agreed. But it's a shame to have lost to that Supra. No doubt the kill is being posted on the Mark IV forum even as we speak. What ET did you run?

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1badgts:

If he was running aluminum heads and decent compression, he should be able to run on 93 should he not? What were his specs?

I ran a 650RHPW TA on the street as a daily driver for over a year! Ran on 93 rather well, with only light pinging under WOT@15# (manual knock sensor switch). Was an LT4 block w/ 4blt main caps, 396" bottom end assembly. LT4 heads w/ 1.6 crane RR's, LPE cam and LT4 manifold combo. ATI procharger P600B modified housing w/ 15psi overdrive via custom crank pully. Ran a constant 6.6x's @ 103 on ET slicks(1/8th). **** thing blew the 10 bolt 3.73 appart in 2 runs hehehe... switched to strange 12bolt that held up pretty well (mostly street use).

Only went up against a viper once at greer drag strip...Not a pretty sight. She was stock though, so I didn't take any pleasure in it at all. I stoped draging after constantly getting walked on by a 9second street legal GN... **** turbo 6's!!!

James

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike,
Thanks for the sympathy. I ran a 12.5 which is off my best of 12.2. It was about my third time to the drag strip ever. If a car puts out the same RWHP as you and has et's to my street tires what can you do?
smile.gif
Here is a link to a video of the car that Ben took. Actually he would have been a good race for Ben as Ben ran a 12.1 with NOS albeit with engine troubles. The supra owner was cool and it was a fun race.

Gavin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't call it a spanking - I was passed at an open track event at Laguna Seca this weekend, by a twin turbo M3 BMW race car running hoosiers. I was on my little ol street tires. Gave the guy a run for his money on the straights!!!!
Was good clean fun - very enjoyable day put on by Nasa and to benefit the "Make a Wish Foundation"

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have spanked a '94 RT/10 in my '91 Dodge Stealth RT/TT. This was way before i got my Viper. He would not race me from a stand still, since my car has all wheel drive. So we started at about 25-30mph, That’s my Stealth’s 1st gear at about 3500RPM "that’s when boost kicks in, did not want any turbo lag" then we hit it, i beat him so bad, my car kept pulling away, maybe cause his car was an open top, not sure.
Even after hitting 12.1s at the drag strip in my Viper, i still think my Stealth will out run my Viper, at least it feels like it could. i have yet, but will surely try both my cars against one another.
And no, i have never taken the Stealth to the track, so i have no clue how fast it will run, and i don’t intend on taking it. But guys with the same mods that i have on my car have run the 1/4-mile in 11.4

OP
OP
S

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I'm retracting the Diablo loss the renter had... call it a tie. When I fixed my remote battery terminal siezed nut (another post), I reset the computer (Obviously) and took the snake out for a run, WOW, what a difference. I can see why everyone resets their computer before they run on the track, it's like finding 50 hp! Either some renters are driving like a granny or they are buying bad gas (Fixed that problem, they have to show the gas receipt now when they return the car).

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only thing that spanks me in my coupe is leather...black leather, of the OE seat, to the delight of my butt and back; just the way I like it!

embarass.gif
embarass.gif

Scott J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've never been to a Bingo Parlor, but I'm told the amount of bickering is the same as you guys yapping back and forth. Talk about deviating from the topic, why don't we all swap recipes for making flap-jacks. Don't you just love when a person posts 2 or 3 times in a row to make their point?

Back to the topic: I've been passed by motorcycles and not much else. When you get into the world of modifications and drag racing, nothing surprises me. There's an AMC Gremlin in the drag circuit that will kick me something fierce. Then again, he's not going to drive that thing to the beach.