So who plans on modding their GenV's

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wondering who plans on adding aftermarket parts to their new Snakes?

Are any companies making parts for these cars yet? Carbon extras, Body kits, engine mods? Will a supercharger fit on top of the engine with the X brace on? :eater:

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ordered solid White GTS with Track Pack and Laguna Sepia interior.
- Dark tinted windows, to be done at Dealer before delivery
- Suspension drop kit 3/4" to 1". Whatever will be available for GTS : Springs or lower top caps combo. Dont want to go crazy with this but this Baby needs some kind of a drop.
- Belanger Headers with High flow cats. Kept mine from my Gen IV hoping they will fit. Gotta have a mean sounding Viper
- K&N flat panel filter with red smooth tubes. Kept those too.
- Mopar PCM or similar upgraded tuning when it will become available.
- Aero front and rear spoiler kit. Did not want to delay my order, so I will add those later.
- Polishing or painting the face of Track pack wheels. Next winter project
- Body colored front grill insert. Next winter project.
- Custom black stripes over hood and top, ACR type. Next winter project.
Car should look something like this, but in White instead of red.
If someone had time to do a white photoshop of it, it would be Great !

Attachments

• SRTViper97.jpg
    SRTViper97.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 155

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lowering springs, tow hooks for the track, 3M Clearbra and carbon aero kit when Mopar offers it. Maybe tint the windows.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1) I'd really like to lower my GTS about another inch. I really hope someone has something available for this.

2) Wonder if the brake pads on the Gen V are the same as Gen IV?

Reaction score
Just wondering who plans on adding aftermarket parts to their new Snakes?

Are any companies making parts for these cars yet? Carbon extras, Body kits, engine mods? Will a supercharger fit on top of the engine with the X brace on? :eater:

Corsa will have a catback soon and maybe a HF cat option, no engine mods yet other then exhaust and I doubt you will fit too much under the factory brace.

- Suspension drop kit 3/4" to 1". Whatever will be available for GTS : Springs or lower top caps combo. Dint want to go crazy with this but this Baby needs some kind of a drop.
- Belanger Headers with High flow cats. Kept mine from my Gen IV hoping they will fit. Gotta have a mean sounding Viper
- Aero front and rear spoiler kit. Did not want to delay my order, so I will add those later.

Going to be a SWEET combo!
The GTS will work with a set of the current Mopar lowering springs "for sure" other may also, but the rates they have is still in question and if they are tool low then there could be a code for the suspension and stability systems.
The GenIV headers will need new turn out pipes I'm told so not a direct fit.
Would pass on the K&N for filtering reasons and stiffness of it at high speeds.
Mopar PCM will be available, just not sure on the time frame

Lowering springs, tow hooks for the track, 3M Clear bra and carbon aero kit when Mopar offers it. Maybe tint the windows.

We have the tow hoos specifically for the GenV in stock, they are different then the past cars are and only the front is possible as far as I can see (easily anyway)

1) I'd really like to lower my GTS about another inch. I really hope someone has something available for this.

2) Wonder if the brake pads on the Gen V are the same as Gen IV?

Springs answered above, pads appear to be the same.

OP
OP
F

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
- Suspension drop kit 3/4" to 1". Whatever will be available for GTS : Springs or lower top caps combo. Dont want to go crazy with this but this Baby needs some kind of a drop.
OH BOY, You have got to post pics of that set up! AWESOME!

Reaction score
what's out there for exhaust mods?

Toddy at BBG has a set of headers fit up to the new dimensions of the GenV chassis and will build as ordered. Belanger will likely have theirs modified easily with just the turnout pipes once they get a car or correct dimensions (Toddy was privy to that info a while back).

Corsa has a developmental system out on the NARRA pace car and will be finalizing options in the next 30 days or so.

Reaction score
Mark, Please send me the new Tow Hook set up. You have my CC #. Thank you, Allan

Ps, Getting there with the shocks. Will be at track this week again and hope to pin down "initial best settings"

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We will do a unpassable deal to fit a set here at M&M. Want to make sure they are 100% on production cars.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stock Vipers are boring. Especially those on stock wheels :)

My '13 solid white SRT w/ Track Pack will get:

-Aftermarket wheels and tires (of course) - and no, my stock wheels aren't for sale.
-Window tint
-Clear bra
-Headers (whoever comes out first)
-Will build my own catback with quiet Magnaflow mufflers, like I did for my '06 coupe.
-MCS coil-overs from Woodhouse to lower it.
-Carbon aero kit, rear tail panel, brake ducts (will do myself, when they become available)
-Mopar PCM
-Misc porting/polishing of engine parts, if any gains are there.

I'd like about 620-650 rwhp N/A and a very reliable daily-drivable combo. Keeping my '06 for the 1000+ rwhp duty.

Tony

Reaction score
Thanks Allan, I'll get you one ASAP and thanks for all your updates about the track sessions!
Finished picture of what we are shipping...
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Woodhouse-Motorsports-Division/167968157736

You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images

Mark, Please send me the new Tow Hook set up. You have my CC #. Thank you, Allan

Ps, Getting there with the shocks. Will be at track this week again and hope to pin down "initial best settings"

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark, Thanks for all the great info. That tow hook looks fantastic and will be a must have item!
Keep us informed about the GTS lowering springs when they become available.
Do you know how much they will lower the car yet ? And if it will affect the ride ?
I want to lower the car some, but hope the street mode will keep it's smoothness

Reaction score
Thanks Claude,

So far the Mopar springs they have tested are the same ones that were available for the Gen3/4 Viper so they are available already. From what I'm told since I have not installed just springs before they should lower the Viper about 1/2" and will be a little stiffer then stock which could affect ride somewhat, but probably very little.

Since the springs are the only currently proven option for lowering the GTS model we hope that a lower version would also work, but then you run into the same problems we have seen with the other generations, being that the shock runs low on travel and the ride gets bouncy. We have arranged for a engineer to test some of the Double adjustable MCS shocks and the springs, we would like to see if it is worth offering them for the GTS (but we know for a fact that there would be fault codes for disconnecting the factory shocks and without a fix for that will never work anyway). The tough part is that you pay a premium for the GTS suspension system so that would be a throw away and not a good option for most that buy it. The spring swap on the other hand although not as low as some want will be at least a good compromise. If you search for some of the developmental cars that had the springs they look lower then 1/2" so that is promising. When we get a chance to swap them on a customers GTS I will of course let you see and know how it goes.

Mark, Thanks for all the great info. That tow hook looks fantastic and will be a must have item!
Keep us informed about the GTS lowering springs when they become available.
Do you know how much they will lower the car yet ? And if it will affect the ride ?
I want to lower the car some, but hope the street mode will keep it's smoothness

ringram

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hennessey have their 700R mods. Supposedly 725/695 with "high flow heads" whatever that means, ECU upgrade and exhaust.
Should be interesting to see how the mod results go. Those are good gains if they are valid.

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Mark,
It's really nice of you to take the time to clearly and honestly explain each mod and the good or bad consequences they may cause.
As usual, you'll get my my vote for my official supplier for the upcoming Gen V

Thanks Claude,

So far the Mopar springs they have tested are the same ones that were available for the Gen3/4 Viper so they are available already. From what I'm told since I have not installed just springs before they should lower the Viper about 1/2" and will be a little stiffer then stock which could affect ride somewhat, but probably very little.

Since the springs are the only currently proven option for lowering the GTS model we hope that a lower version would also work, but then you run into the same problems we have seen with the other generations, being that the shock runs low on travel and the ride gets bouncy. We have arranged for a engineer to test some of the Double adjustable MCS shocks and the springs, we would like to see if it is worth offering them for the GTS (but we know for a fact that there would be fault codes for disconnecting the factory shocks and without a fix for that will never work anyway). The tough part is that you pay a premium for the GTS suspension system so that would be a throw away and not a good option for most that buy it. The spring swap on the other hand although not as low as some want will be at least a good compromise. If you search for some of the developmental cars that had the springs they look lower then 1/2" so that is promising. When we get a chance to swap them on a customers GTS I will of course let you see and know how it goes.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hennessey have their 700R mods. Supposedly 725/695 with "high flow heads" whatever that means, ECU upgrade and exhaust.
Should be interesting to see how the mod results go. Those are good gains if they are valid.

More like pre-marketing. They haven't built a Gen 5 yet. Nobody has.

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How can they claim 725/695 with their mods if they haven't even built a car yet?

Well, since the Gen IV and Gen V powerplants are damn near the same, they can make some assumptions that what worked for the Gen IVs will work for the Gen Vs (and have similar gains).

In this game, it isn't about being right...it's about being first. They'll need the Mopar PCM to do it though, but that should be out shortly.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How can they claim 725/695 with their mods if they haven't even built a car yet?

They are basing their guess off of what they were able to do with a Gen IV. They are essentially the same. The intake manifold is different and the cam I think is a little different so mod for mod, then Gen IV engine will make the same power as a Gen V engine. However, I wouldn't trust Hennessey any further than he can be thrown.....

ringram

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still even if they are out by 20/20 thats still nice.
Im sure Greg of the Good family will be doing some head work shortly.

PeerBlock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd probably go with a carbon x-brace if it becomes available, a lighter battery, probably headers and exhaust at some point. Would rather focus on becoming really good at driving and handling the car before upping its power.

Can anyone comment on the "clear bra"? I like the idea of protecting the paint, but if the clear bra itself gets knicked or damaged, wouldn't removing the clear bra to repair it mess up the underlying paint? Does the clear bra interfere with the appearance of the paint at all?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets