So Who Wants to Take a Road Trip w/ me to See Sean Roe?

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thinking of driving from NYC to FL to visit sean sometime in mid January (if Sean is available). Any takers? N.Y.C to ROE/FL = 980 miles 15 hours at avg 55 mph which means we'll make it there in about 12-13 hours non stop.

viprvenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dimitrios - I noticed your post a few weeks ago about your troubles on your setup. You had me worried for a bit. I hope you get things worked out... I would certainly suggest heading down. I am sure Sean and Dave have mine running top notch! Good luck on getting her tuned just right!!!

Jason
viprvenm

viprvenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
let me know how it drives under full boost...if there is detonation as im sure you dont have any

I will certainly let you know... your setup was my inspiration. I saved your setup details in my email and followed them when placing the order. Talk to you soon.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
let me know how it drives under full boost...if there is detonation as im sure you dont have any

I will certainly let you know... your setup was my inspiration. I saved your setup details in my email and followed them when placing the order. Talk to you soon.

Do you already have a system ordered ? I am fairly close to you ;)

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey D / brother Roe blower, I'm visiting Roe Racing in New Year too, pm or email me about it, would be cool to hook up with you, I think we both have heavy right hoofs! I also have a good program for the VEC that may suit your driving style! Took alot of on-road tuning to get it right for me, I've learnt alot, and I was lucky enough to ****** Chris from DC Performance when he was over visiting to help get it right. Stick with the Roe, once you have a good program, there will be no looking back! Do you have the OE map output hooked up to the VEC also, this helped loads dialing in mine, and have you the serial port hook up in car to hook up a lap-top to dial in / monitor set up on the move?

viprvenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Do you already have a system ordered ? I am fairly close to you ;)

1TONY1 - Sent you an email.

Jason

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im gonna be in vegas from the 14th till the 19th but id seriously consider it.

only problem is im gonna be selling mine really soon so i might not want to add the miles on again.

and it takes 13 hours to get to seans...trust me

the ride the south carolina is the best..its a long, straight, fast road...:)

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
adam mapquest said 15 hours and 30 mins for a 980 miles drive.

You may not know, but speed limits tend to increase as you go south and west from the New England region. In Virginia, there is a lot of 65 MPH highway on I95, and I95 gets up to 70 MPH in South Carolina, for instance. Thus, figuring you are driving ~10 over, you're average should be in excess of 55 MPH, even including rest stops and traffic slow downs, typically.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
only thing that slowed me down the two times i drove down there was all the gas station stops.

other than that its an easy drive for the day.

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would go but my Viper hates the snow ...

7358winter-med.JPG

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me know when you guys are in town, and I will swing by. It takes me about a half hour to get there.

Reaction score
Hey D-
How about you come down here to Virginia Beach? Nowhere near the trip to Sean's!!!

Now....all we have to do is convince Sean to come to Virginia! :) I have Orbitz open in another window, waiting to book his flight! I can even manage some good lodging!! And, I have a friendly dyno shop handy! LOL

Well....it IS worth a try!! LOL!!

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey D:

Any updates? Need to know the dates for the trip so I can see if I can get off of work and if it is before school starts again. Also is Rose joining us? I think Dana will be attending as well if I go.

OP
OP
D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
damn tiger..you are a true owner of the leader award....let me speak ot sean tuesday.. i was thinking of leaving like midnight and arriving there in the afternoon. get my car tuned, have some dinner, sleep over at one of those $75 a night rooms and drive back next morning for midnight arrival back home..

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
damn tiger..you are a true owner of the leader award....let me speak ot sean tuesday.. i was thinking of leaving like midnight and arriving there in the afternoon. get my car tuned, have some dinner, sleep over at one of those $75 a night rooms and drive back next morning for midnight arrival back home..

I try. Just like knowing plans. I am anal like that remember LOL! Well, once the dates are established let me know. I am thinking of driving down with you but will probably stay down there for a few days and then come back. I figured I might as well enjoy FL for a little while. :D

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
midnight is a tough time to leave sometimes. you have to plan your times around washington DC. that area is the worst spot on the ride down. do NOT be there from 7-9am

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Road salt and Vipers do not mix!! Throw in a little sand and you have a nice combination. I would wait until Spring if it were me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave