So who's going to VOI and how are you planning on getting there?

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that VOI 12 has been announced to be in Charlotte NC September 27-30 the next question is who from the Nor Cal region is going and how are you getting there (driving, flying with shipping car, flying without shipping car, etc.)? For the record Nikki and I are going to drive the ACR back and make a nice 2 1/2 week road trip vacation out of it. Now I just have to get the ACR prepped for the drive.

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd need to work out some sort of bulk shipping with my NorCal brothers, otherwise I'll have to sit this one out... too much $$ to ship solo, and too many miles to drive the car out there.

One thing's for certain: if I go, I'm not leaving without driving VIR. Bucket list item.

Rich

Mutts02GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love to make the drive but I have to convince the wife, "who won't be deployed, surprisingly!", to let me take ten days of vacation and drive cross-country to Charlotte. Definitely a once in a lifetime trip for me if I get the green light! Jeff

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello NorCal! I just want to let you know that the VCA will be handling the transportation again for VOI 12, Stay tuned for more information once we have completed all the details! Happy New Year! Bobby C

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello NoCal! I just want to let you know that the VCA will be handling the transportation again for VOI 12, Stay tuned for more information once we have completed all the details! Happy New Year! Bobby C

That's great news, thanks Bobby.

...and we'll assume the "NoCal" is a typo :D

NorCal Rich

OP
OP
72hemi

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just discovered that on the road trip back home (for those driving) we will cover a good portion of Route 66 (from Oklahoma City all the way back to the coast), this should make for some great pit stops (Wigwam Motel, Cadillac Ranch, etc.). Man this trip is getting more and more exciting every day!

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just discovered that on the road trip back home (for those driving) we will cover a good portion of Route 66 (from Oklahoma City all the way back to the coast), this should make for some great pit stops (Wigwam Motel, Cadillac Ranch, etc.). Man this trip is getting more and more exciting every day!
...and if you get lost, you just sing the song. And end up in San Bernardino.

Glen97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe do the marathon drive for 2-3 days then pick up Janis at an airport one day before we arrive. Then ship the car home.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll fly there, have the car shipped there and back, after VOI 10 and 11, I don't wanna miss any aspect of this one.

Regards,
Aaron

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll fly there, have the car shipped there and back, after VOI 10 and 11, I don't wanna miss any aspect of this one.

Regards,
Aaron

I'm with Aaron on this, and hopefully we can get a couple more cars together to share an enclosed transport at reduced cost. Please post up in this thread if you're interested... tentative plan is to have the cars in Charlotte at least a few days prior to the event, and loaded for the return home AFTER Monday Oct. 1. Because, hopefully, we'll be driving VIR that day :D

Rich

Glen97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with Aaron on this, and hopefully we can get a couple more cars together to share an enclosed transport at reduced cost. Please post up in this thread if you're interested... tentative plan is to have the cars in Charlotte at least a few days prior to the event, and loaded for the return home AFTER Monday Oct. 1. Because, hopefully, we'll be driving VIR that day :D

Rich

What do you guys think the cost will be?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave