So... who's in Ohio?

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been looking at this Viper at Thomas Classics in Ohio for a few weeks along with going back and forth with a sales rep (Sam). We are very close to agreeing on a deal that sends my Viper (with cash on top) to their dealership in exchange for their Viper. Anyways, it looks fabulous, but I would feel better if a fellow VCA member had a look in person before I made the trip down. If you're in the area and wouldn't mind swinging by, let me know! Thanks

http://www.thomasclassics.com/web/used/Dodge-Viper-2006-Akron-Ohio/5196871/

Before anyone asks, they originally started with $38,000 trade in value for my Viper and $54,900 for their Viper. They were flexible which led us to agree on a deal of $40,000/$52,900. :2tu:

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice car! I bought mine in OH from a VCA member, so I know there are a few guys down there. I am sure someone will chime in. He was in the Akron area.

-Tim

OP
OP
S

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW! Mike went over the entire car from top to bottom. I can't thank him enough! Thanks again Mike!

One thing Mike captured was that it has a radar jammer installed. Does anybody recognize this jammer? Is it a PITA to install/remove? I'm hoping whoever was in there knew what they were doing!

http://s1121.photobucket.com/albums...w&current=photobucket-53839-1353363669171.jpg

http://s1121.photobucket.com/albums...w&current=photobucket-27172-1353363686995.jpg

http://s1121.photobucket.com/albums...w&current=photobucket-24376-1353363651216.jpg

Here's a video of it running...

http://s1121.photobucket.com/albums...w&current=photobucket-33827-1353363460235.mp4

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't let Mike go look at it!!!! He is totally going to fall in love with it because it's yellow and drive it home!

:D

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't let Mike go look at it!!!! He is totally going to fall in love with it because it's yellow and drive it home!

:D

Ha... says the guy who is ashamed of his yellow car and is going all film noir on us with the avatar!

You must be registered for see images attach

Nick, make sure if you do get it that car you choose a proper avatar pic and show Jason how to be a proud yellow owner. :lmao:

OP
OP
S

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was just going through the pictures of the car, does anybody else notice the hood is pushed towards the driver side? Can this be adjusted?? :dunno:

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was just going through the pictures of the car, does anybody else notice the hood is pushed towards the driver side? Can this be adjusted?? :dunno:

I can be. Went through this with my carbon hood when I installed it. Just have a buddy give you a hand and you will be fine. :)

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry I'm at this thread late. I would have gladly went and looked at the car. Cool that VyprByt94 did that for ya. This club rocks!

BTW- that's a *laser* jammer. Not a *radar* jammer.
Radar jammers are HIGHLY illegal in this country.
Laser...ahem....."diffusers" are legal in almost all states.
:)

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any Ohio people know who originally owned this beast ??? One used to be in central ohio belonging to a couple...

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can be. Went through this with my carbon hood when I installed it. Just have a buddy give you a hand and you will be fine. :)

Like Bob said, it can be adjusted.
A stretch but possible... Sometimes cars lock in place depending on how they were let down. For example maybe he let it down holding it all from the passenger side :dunno:... it may be possible if you let it down holding it all from the drivers side, it pushes the other way a bit, then when you give it the final latch it just stays in place. Ya never know but worth a look anyways.
Fit is always a topic with vipers. I certainly wouldn't count the car out of the running because of it.

OP
OP
S

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sam the sales rep took a few more pictures of both sides of the hood. Looked spot on. Thinking it was just the angle of the picture. Finalizing everything tmrw!

A few more pictures of the car...

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can still see the hood off to one side in those new pics...it is likely no big deal, but still needs some adjusting.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't forget to get the run-flats OFF first thing.
Ask PythonPete...:(

OP
OP
S

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can still see the hood off to one side in those new pics...it is likely no big deal, but still needs some adjusting.

I was referring to these pictures... :2tu:

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

These are are hand built cars, none of them are perfect. My 08 hood was left of center like the photo above and about 3/4" below the driver side fender. A few shims and a couple of turns on the hood bumpers and it was almost perfect.

Last year when the show Ultimate Factories aired showing how Vipers were built, near the end they showed a lady doing QC on panel gaps. I think she was either on lunch break or on vacation when mine rolled off the line.

Good luck with purchase, beautiful car. Love the "Bee's"

Murray

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
haha , i had to adjust about every panel on my op ssg car from brand new- its perfect now- yes but someone fell asleep on my on the qc line.. my 08 was perfect

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sadly, I am forced to agree with Kermit. ;)

Sorry Stretch! :lmao:

I've gotta go thinking... is the yellow Gen 1 the only Viper that Stretch has or does he also have a Gen 2 GTS in his posession that is of a color other than yellow... perhaps it's *gasp* red :omg:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang