So, you want a VOI 11 right?

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I say no way on Colorado...because I am moving to Buda, TX this Saturday. If you do have it in Colorado be prepared for some slow Vipers. Altitude is a HP killer.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I, Venomiss, Dorothy, Toto, and about 34 other VCA members take offense to this. Kind of. Okay, not really. :D

So Kansas is scratched and I am assuming Hawaii, Alaska, and Rhode Island may be as well due to logistics. That leaves us with 46 states to continue narrowing down!

From that angle, and based on various limitations like facilities, no one yet mentioning certain states, etc., you can probably cut without serious backlash the following:
New England/North - Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Rhode Island, and Massachusetts, Delaware
South - North Carolina, South Carolina, Kentucky, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, West Virginia
Midwest - Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, Oklahoma, Wisconsin, Wyoming

That leaves:
East Coast - New York, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, Georgia, Florida
Midwest / Central - Texas, Louisiana, Missouri, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, Tennessee
West - Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, Colorado, Nevada
Some of these I just don't know about, may not have the facilities, and may readily be cut. That's already cuts about 60% of the states.

I suspect you can easily cut New York, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, Louisiana, Michigan, Oregon, and New Mexico. That leaves more serious contenders as: Georgia, Florida, Texas, Missouri, Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, Tennessee, Washington, California, Arizona, Utah, Colorado, and Nevada. Already down to 14 left, a few probably can be quickly cut for reasons I don't know, like facilities, etc. And some of those are repeats which therefore may not be desirable.

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No question:

V-E-G-A-S!!!!!

Viper itself is a gamble so Vegas is the perfect fit. There are also hotels of all types to please everyone, entertainment and even 2 race tracks!

I am IN!:usa:

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
South Florida is a great vacation spot but has got to be one of the hardest states to get to. There is just no way I could afford to attend if its in Florida. I don't mind driving to VOI as I can't afford to ship my car but Florida is just to far and there is really only one route to get there. I love Florida and it would be a great location to have an event at but its geographical location is a problem. South Florida is only close for those in South Florida. If you are looking for high attendance than Florida is out.

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No question:

V-E-G-A-S!!!!!

Viper itself is a gamble so Vegas is the perfect fit. There are also hotels of all types to please everyone, entertainment and even 2 race tracks!

I am IN!:usa:

There really is no better location. This town was built for it. I am going to begin getting a plan together to illustrate the proposed cost for a VOI in Vegas and you will see that it is the most cost effective as well.

kennyhemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love/vote South Florida...I mean it is a vacation we are talking about here. Location matters.

I second that! but then I'm biased. I already live here. I'll tell you one thing you won't run out of things to do. Everything is world class from the hotels to the tracks.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There really is no better location. This town was built for it. I am going to begin getting a plan together to illustrate the proposed cost for a VOI in Vegas and you will see that it is the most cost effective as well.

Glad to hear you're doing some legwork for a Vegas proposal. I'll be very interested to see what you come up with.

If a Las Vegas VOI doesn't pan out, how about a San Diego or Los Angeles based VOI? How about it SoCal members?

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i really doubt that i need to say this, but - even if vegas was the best spot in the CONUS, it cant be held there all the time. VOI was held in vegas, then detroit, then (?). anyone else beginning to see a possible pattern here? my guess, and to be fair to everyone, is an east coast VOI next.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So far I ahven't heard about any lousy Western showing so why would some eastern guy suggest such a thing? Now that I drove 6,400miles to attend a VOI back East with about 4,200 of boring scenery I think that anyoen from Back east Needs to see the Mountains and roads that the Viper was designed for! Or, failing that why not do Nevada and host our own Silver State Rally. As mentioned previously, I plan to HOLIDAY there in my VIPER. Fi it's straight and level that means that it's perfect for a 100+mph run if we remove all the junkers off the road, right? Like the Rally where the classes start at 85mph and run up to 180mph (modified). Kick asp cars should be able to KICK ASP. I'd drive the 3,000+miles to Nevada for that. As would many WEST Coasters. I'm sure that not all East coasters just wanna stay home and not drive their Vipers.

WEST COAST. Done Vegas and for only a thousand people would Reno be better? Less junk cars and less population density.

I still vote Pacific NORTHWEST because of it's Human friendly climate. Hate to be in Texas, Cali or other areas down there that have the state burning because the temp is way over a hundred. I've only experienced 130+ F once, and I like it that way.

Ted

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup. One. Why does Texas consider itself the West, if it's in the middle?

Same reason they call the central states the midwest. Once, the wild plains of Iowa were considered the wild west. Then, when people discovered there were large tracts of land even further west, they changed the designation to "mid-west" to cover the errors of their ways. Get it? It's all perspective. And history is hard to rewrite.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did it not have something to do with the Louisiana Purchase and TX was technically considered "west" of the US's borders?

My memory is sketchy on that.... I was just a young guy in those days and things are a little foggy that long ago!;)

Robert

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup. One. Why does Texas consider itself the West, if it's in the middle?
Well it is west (and south) of St. Louis, which is the gateway to the west.

Also confusing is how Michigan is in the midwest when it really is in the mideast. Oops, that creates a whole other problem.

Jim C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since everyone is convinced they'd have a great turnout on their side of the country, have 2... VOI East and VOI West...

VOI West in Vegas baby!

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is beging to look as though people either want it close to themselves or.... in Vegas. As Vegas is close to me as well as the best location for a VOI I am all for it. I would love to travel somewhere else for a VOI as it would be more of a vacation. VOI 9 was great but it wasn't much of a vacation for me, I stayed at home. But there just isn't anywhere else that can really offer what Las Vegas can. This town truely was made for this.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since everyone is convinced they'd have a great turnout on their side of the country, have 2... VOI East and VOI West...

VOI West in Vegas baby!

You Sir,
are a genius :2tu: That is probably the best idea. having a split VOI and during the dinners, VTC with BIG screens :2tu:

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think about the times we are in. MANY groups have called off their conventions as well as travel. Hotels (including vegas and everywhere) are relatively empty. Baseball games are not being sold out. People are not traveling, the airlines are cutting flights and people are staying close to home.

This tells me it is a buyer's market. We need to make the plans and lock down locations soon, and get contracts agreed upon.

As soon as the raffle is over, could we have a separate forum set up with specific themes for location, activities, time of year, and the like?

I would go to almost anywhere, but if it's in So. Fl. I won't- it's to hot and humid for me. But then Vegas, St. Louis, Ft. Worth and Nashville were too hot and humid too (yes, it rained in Vegas).

Does anybody have a membership distribution map that is current? Do we know how many people have opted out this year? We had almost 3000 members last year at year end, and I'll bet we don't have half that number of members now. (Hey Marv- what numbers do we have?) Then we could put the numbers on Dave's map!

Lastly- I went to Nashville without my car. Since Dodge will no longer be providing support there will be no company cars to drive. I won't go to another VOI without my car, I simply won't go if it's too far. Make it central so all have equal chance to drive.

PBR

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone give me those numbers, I'll make a pretty map out of it oh Mr P. Ronald ;)

And I do like the idea of 2 locations with the VTC on the bigscreen for a banquet etc. The expense of these types of events does not irk me, although I'd rather keep it simple. Traveling a couple thousand miles in a Viper however *****!

certs_210

Viper Owner
Reaction score

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
having two VOIs would be far more expensive than having one. I can't see that this would be a plausible solution.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R