SOFTWARE TRANSITION

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also how come the boards/thread have the old view-look and once i add a comment they dont have the divisions between posts and other features

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Suggesions

... So please comment on likes dislikes.

Lee- I have one, it would be nice to be able to hover over the post's titles and have the pop-up with the body of the message. Most forums do this and it makes it very easy to scan over posts with out having to open them.

I think HTMLers do this with a "tool tip" block attributed to the "titles"..?

See the 300 Forum if you need an example-
http://www.300cforums.com/forums/

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When this transition is all over and done. Will there be a list of improvements and changes that we can refer to when we navigate around?

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As before, when you click on the FORUM drop down menu, you don't have access to all the Forums. You have to go back to the HomePage and click on FORUMS AND CHAT to access all the different Forums. I used this site for a year and couldn't figure out where all these forums were people were talking about.

I, also don't like the fact you can't see whose online.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if anyone else is seeing this, but now when I log in the screen
turns white and all the font is the same size/style. It makes it look like one
huge post. Some of the avatars are RedX'ed as well.

Missing Chat and who's reading this forum.

I'd like to see an active "members only" classifieds section - the static
classifieds as they stand now doesn't allow critizm of the seller/buyer/goods
and seems to offer the outside world a great opportunity to spam.

I'm not too keen on the new layout, but I didn't like the last one either. I
miss the old, old board setup.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Any update on the new format/upgrades being completed? :confused: Sorry to say if what we have now is it then I think we should definitely go back to the old one. Would be nice to get a status report posted here on a daily basis so we know what is going on. :(

Reaction score
I concur...us long standing and faithful VCA Members....well, that is ALMOST ALL of us (we know who we are, don't we???) would like a quick update please.

There have been many hints (and I've backed them up) that there is more to come.....we'll be needing a slight boost please. :)

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much longer? This ***** to stuck in the middle.

How do other site do it so quickly and easy?

OP
OP
L

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know they are working everyday and I see the updates but I'm not a programmer. Couple things going on....This is a big step as we are moving from our old software to VBulliten, I probably did not even spell that right. In doing so we found we had to migrate to a later version of of our current before we could switch to Vbulliten, as there was no program to migrate over to VBulliten from our older version. Now we could do all of this really quickly and maybe even switch directly from one software to another if we were not concerned about losing our past history, old threads and pictures and the comfortable little hacks that have been added along the way. So as no one wanted to discard out history we had to take this step, many of the new features you like such as ignore function will be there in Vbulliten, and the stuff that people do not like will go away either as a fix to this upgrade or when the final migration takes place. And again speed is a function of how concerned we all are to not lose anything, would anyone want to see PMUMS posts disappear? AND the factor that the decision has been made to completely switch software brands. We have a lot of stuff in here and we have been around since the 90's so it's a big job, that's why the call went out to additional programmers.

OP
OP
L

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not hidden, probably temporarily misplaced. lol. I'm sure other things seem more important to fix first.

I guess I'll just take a number and get in the back of the line then! :hitfan:

Sorry, maybe that was an insensitive reply on my part, what are you looking for?, I would be happy to see if I can find it or do it for you, no need to be in the back of the line if you need some info or something done. Just let me know.

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not hidden, probably temporarily misplaced. lol. I'm sure other things seem more important to fix first.

I guess I'll just take a number and get in the back of the line then! :hitfan:

Sorry, maybe that was an insensitive reply on my part, what are you looking for?, I would be happy to see if I can find it or do it for you, no need to be in the back of the line if you need some info or something done. Just let me know.

Nothing important at all, just wondering.
And my last post was just me being an smart a$$. Sorry for coming across a little intense myself!

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple of items that could be improved, if this is the time that it could be done.
1. The Search function defaults on searching for posts in the last week. It would seem that defaulting to the max date range would be preferable since I'd think that most users are looking for answers to questions that may have been answered in the last few years.
2. Why couldn't all the forums be linked in the dropdown list at the top of the page. Some, such as "Driven" are not there.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think someone else stated this earlier but I'll 2nd it.

PLEASE ADD - DRIVEN - TO DROP DOWN MENU, it seems to be very popular. :2tu:

Daddy Long Stroke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It sure was nice to be able to click on someone's Avatar and it took you to their picture gallery.

Search function should not have a "wait" period between searches. If someone is immediately searching for a second time, it's because they probably came back with "0" hits on their current search.

Search function should default to at least a year, if not longer. Defaulting to 1 week is almost useless.

Just some constructive criticism!

:2tu:

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are we going to have "RT 10 discussion" at the bottom of the page so you do not have to scroll back to the top to look at other threads??

Thanks
Andy

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was set up for auto login. Now I have to manualy login every time I visit the site

After you get to the forums click on Main Index . It shows that I'm not logged in either until I do that. Easier than logging in manually.