Solid Blue GTS and Solid Black GTS on Autotrader and Ebay

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After reading your post I did a search to see if dash plaques matched Vins on the cars listed online. Every one I found does, but I also noticed something interesting...
The auction car was Vin #001, and if all dash plaques match Vin numbers, there is also a LE with 001. So, it seems there is more than one Viper with a vin ending in 001 out there. A quick search on E-bay shows differences in the first three digits of the last 8 of the Vin. All of the LE cars have Vins that match dash plaques and have the last 8 that begin with DV3 (DV300XXX). Other cars on E-bay have the last 8 that begin with DV1, DV2 or DV4. If each one of them has a 001 ending then you'll find at least four 001 in's out there. To me that takes away from any special-ness the auction car or LE #1 have.

This is true there is more then one VIN #001. I don't think it takes away from the specialness of the aution car. There is only ever going to a VIN #001 Stryker red car. There is only ever going to be a VIN #001 LE car. They told us how this was going to work back at VOI. For example The auction car was Vin #001 and Ralphs car was Vin #002 (I believe). Then they restarted the VIN's so that the First LE car would have a VIN ending in 001. THEN I believe they restarted them yet again to build the Dealer demo cars and let it go from there.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I can be as guilty as anyone of being a fanboy with SRT, I try not to chug too much coolaide. But I agree, if you've put $ down and ordered a car and not getting any sort of priority or news on your car, at this point, you've defintiely earned and paid for the right to bash SRT and anyone else. I'm not seeing the "love" that was so stressed from SRT in the beginning. Actions speak louder than words and I feel for the guys on here who backed SRT early with cash in hand and now feel a bit like red headed stepchildren. (no offense meant to red headed stepchildren)

IMO, these guys/gals should get some sort of equitable adjustment, some upgrade or discount or perq or something.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO, these guys/gals should get some sort of equitable adjustment, some upgrade or discount or perq or something.
We should, but all we're going to get is deafening silence and crappy treatment when we have to take the car to the local stealership for service (I ordered mine from a dealer out of state).

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even the slightest bit of communication from SRT would have done wonders.

SRT Engineering got on here to tell us the "Auto Start" feature in the SRT Marketing videos was incorrect.

Why couldn't SRT get on here to explain to us, why cars we dropped money on, are late? It would have helped calm nerves.

I'd have been more understanding.

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear SRT,
Remember last year, all the press releases and promises? The October deposits? The VCA priority? The Q/A sessions.. What the hell happened to you guys? So much for better customer experience! Being silent gets us into limbo. Ralph used to toy with different news and promises but now ... Dear me! People cancelling their orders is a big issue and especially at this point. I dont know what was the use of the deposit because there is no priority at all. Red cras with LE already built while orders with options are a gazellion! Twitter announcements favoured on this forum, too many cars already sitting on lots.. No plans to announce next model, international selling, newer options..? As said some places have small driving season and one cant wait more than a year to drive a last year model! I'm really feeling being let down by SRT I know I appreciate all what they did but now they have been screwing up, sadly.
That really saddens lots of us.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth