Solid engine and trans mounts.

overzealous1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Solid engine and trans mounts. Engine mounts are a solid chunk of aluminum with one single 1/2" grade 8 bolt with grade 8 nylock nut to hold it in. Bolt inserts from top. Way simpler and reliable over the double bolt used for stock bushings. Trans mount is 3/16" wall rect. tubing. Trans mount bolt has been upgraded to 1/2" grade 8 and grade 8 nylock nut also. The trans member hole will need to be enlarged slightly to fit.
Vibration has been the main concern on these. Well outcome was a surprise to even me. There is actually less vibration!! I did the door open and let idle test to see if the door wiggled up and down like with stock bushings. It was actually rock steady. Felt nothing through the seat. Only noticeable change was feeling it a little through the floor pan on my feet. Exhaust noise may have picked up a little, but, i had a solid wall right behind me that may have been reflecting noise back forward. Throttle response though has been a very noticeable difference. I put in the poly bushings at the same time, so it literally is reacting like a different car.
Only theory i have on the less vibration is that being the engine is effectively part of the frame now, it is creating a larger mass for the engine to try and vibrate. Instead of having to hold a bouncing engine (superball effect of rubber or poly mounts), the only thing moving now is just engine internals.
If you are having problems with worn out or broken mounts. Or, engine movement is making your headers hit the frame or helping turbo plumbing loosen or pop off, these will keep your engine in one place!

Check the group buy area for special intro price on these!

You must be registered for see images attach