South Florida Standing Mile Event, Nov. 14

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear Members,

On Saturday, November 14, join other Exotic Car Enthusiasts for the 1st Exotic Top Gun Run, STANDING MILE Event, that will be held at the Dade Collier Air Strip located about 30 miles west of Miami. The runway is almost 2 miles long and trust me, many of you will need the extra mile to slow down. Some fast cars coming out already so come out and have a great time, while you'll put your Viper on the testing block to see what it really can run. All professional Tag Heuer timing equipment is being used, just like they do at the Texas Mile.

This event is like NO OTHER. You will have 1 Mile to accelerate as fast as you can, and to achieve the fastest MPH in this distance. There are only a few other places in the US you can do this safely, and without fear of earning any speeding tickets. This is in our backyard, so be sure to come out and have a great time.

There will be 3 beautiful trophies awarded to the top 3 places.

VIP Class price is $225 per driver, $275 day of event. For all VCA Members, it is $200. Regular Class price is $150; VCA Member price is $125. To get this special price, email a request at [email protected] and they will forward a PayPal link for such. Be sure to tell them you're a VCA Member. VIP will allow you to run before everyone else, PLUS you'll be able to run more often. But regardless, you'll be able to run quite a few times in the Regular Class.

For more info on this event, please go to TOP GUN RUN

Don't delay; space is extremely limited! Once it sells out, it's done.

This is where Big Dogs Play. Yes, the 1/8 Mile is fun; 1/4 Mile is exciting. The Standing Mile? Well let's just say that there aren't many who will have what it takes to go the distance.

Also, I am setting up a Weekend Getaway for all Viper Owners during the weekend of February 20-22, 2010. Come and enjoy a weekend of warm weather, fast driving and get on a World Class track. A special Standing Mile Event for Viper Owners on February 21, and a track day at Homestead on February 22. Details to follow in the next few days.

Looking foward to seeing you there!

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be there..... hopefully we'll have some more Viper's out there... last time it was a 50/1 Vette to Viper ratio.... and I was the single Viper!

OP
OP
I

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be there..... hopefully we'll have some more Viper's out there... last time it was a 50/1 Vette to Viper ratio.... and I was the single Viper!

Brooks,

When you ran last time, did you have the front spoiler piece in place or was it removed? I was thinking about the downforce on your ACR and the air balance. Fold in the mirrors next time!

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brooks all I have now is a stock 09 Viper and I could throw that in the mix so you don't feel alone in a sea of LS1's.

Ivan add me to the VIP list and see you in 2 weeks. I spoke to Doug yesterday and his honey might let him off his leash long enough to come off the porch and play with the Big Dogs.

I need to call Damir tonight and I am sure he will also throw his Viper into the mix:drive:

OP
OP
I

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brooks all I have now is a stock 09 Viper and I could throw that in the mix so you don't feel alone in a sea of LS1's.

Ivan add me to the VIP list and see you in 2 weeks. I spoke to Doug yesterday and his honey might let him off his leash long enough to come off the porch and play with the Big Dogs.

I need to call Damir tonight and I am sure he will also throw his Viper into the mix:drive:

Hey Richie,

Got you down, and thanks. We have a bunch of Ford GTs many of them with a TT set up. Also, RennTech is coming out with some bad Benzs. I saw Damir and Maria tonight at Tower Shops. They didn't stop talking about the trip to the Smokies. Said by CHANCE, the met another Viper Owner from Chicago, at the same small town of Townsend! Having dinner. He just happened to be driving down from ChiTown and was heading down to the Ft. Lauderdale Boat show! Talk about a small world. He ended up doing the drives for the next couple of days.

Saw Doug tongiht as well. He's coming out as well. It's all good my friend. See you next weekend!

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I talked to Doug today and he convinced me to come down to Havanna a day early. Going to hit the Tower Shops on Friday night Ivan. Are you and Dave coming?

I am going to run the mile but all I have now is a stock 09 Viper.

I miss my old DLM Beast

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
I

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I talked to Doug today and he convinced me to come down to Havanna a day early. Going to hit the Tower Shops on Friday night Ivan. Are you and Dave coming?

I am going to run the mile but all I have now is a stock 09 Viper.

I miss my old DLM Beast

You must be registered for see images attach

Hey Ritchie,

Yes I should be there. Give me a call Friday night. The weekend weather is going to be perfect. Well, you know I ordered it that way didn't you?? :headbang:

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I called Blair last night and he said he will be there on saturday. Looking forward to Friday night but last time if I am correct you disappeared with 2 ladies and you were not seen or heard from until the next morning. I was thinking you were doing long interviews for with new waitresses. Ivan you are always working even when you are "Pumping up Da Jam". Carry on.....

OP
OP
I

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I called Blair last night and he said he will be there on saturday. Looking forward to Friday night but last time if I am correct you disappeared with 2 ladies and you were not seen or heard from until the next morning. I was thinking you were doing long interviews for with new waitresses. Ivan you are always working even when you are "Pumping up Da Jam". Carry on.....

LOL, I've changed my ways! Richie, looking forward to seeing you.

OP
OP
I

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear Members,

The weather is going to be perfect tomorrow for the Top Gun Run Standing Mile Event. If you're thinking about going, don't think anymore. Just come!! I'm working on a special surprise for all VCA Members, but if you don't go, you're the one missing out. Get your Viper out there! Special Viper Parking Corral too.

Some very fast cars coming out to the event, including a TT Ford GT with experimental turbos. He's capable of making 2000 HP, but is running with only 1500 HP. He's looking to break some records. Also quite a few other fast ZR1s plus many more.

A huge car show as well. Top 2 place finish in each category in the car show affords them a single run down the air strip.

All professional timing equipment with print out of your mile run, so don't think anymore. Come on down and see how it's done. Come see how to FLY LOW!!!

Ivan

OP
OP
I

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ivan - how did it go? speeds/pics etc?

It went great. Go to TOP GUN RUN and see some of the pictures. The fastest time of the day was a Doug Levin TT Gallardo; he hit 197 MPH. There were some really good prospects but they either broke down or they weren't getting any traction down.

We have another event coming up February 21, 2010 were the whole Viper Nation is invited.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you see the video of the ME412 on the site? Too bad they never decided to make it. One awesome piece.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235