Southwest Zone Rendezvous REGISTER NOW

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is finally here and ready for sign up!

As discussed before since VOI is every other year, in the between time we have a Zone Rendezvous that has ALL states and regions attend in our Zone. For us, that is HUGE!

A big shout out and Thank you must go to Greg Crouse and the North Texas club for taking on this huge task. It looks like they have put together one heck of an event!

Please sign up EARLY and also reserve your rooms EARLY, I foresee this as a standing room only event very quickly, I for one have already reserved Thursday thru Saturday night...

A caravan drive to Rowlet, TX will be organized shortly. The caravan will be mobile on September 8th, mid morning with stops along the way to pick up everyone. But after Waco it will be a 'swift' caravan towards Rowlet...

From my understanding this event is to see who is the best autox driver in our zone to represent us against the SRT Engineers in a national autox event. Kinda cool if you are into autox to go a race the SRT guys, but for me I just want to hit some new roads and be a part of such a large event!

I have not had the chance or cash to take off for a VOI event, from what I hear this events equals a mini VOI, and it is in our backyard. I am NOT missing this being so close to home. I suggest you don't either!

From what we have talked about we are expecting 150-200 Vipers to show up. This is from taking a percentage from each region.

I want to CHALLENGE this region. We have 70 active members, my challenge is to get at LEAST 56 members and their cars on the road September 8th to go to Rowlet, to pull in the parking lot over 50 members strong and show up all the other regions. I would LIKE to have all 70 attend but realize 20% of us may have work, travel, prior commitments etc... I think we can do it but everyone will have to schedule this ASAP while your calenders are still not 100% booked.

As far as the actual events you have as much detail as I do, but from what I have read and talked about it sounds like a blast! Look forward to seeing EVERYONE attend this, and hey with 50+ Vipers going up I-35 you think we may make the news?

Thank you,

Kurt Robinson (TexasTonka)
President, South Central Texas VCA
www.CentralTexasVCA.com
or visit us on the VCA Forums by clicking HERE

Attachments

• Sign-up Flyer.pdf
    189.7 KB · Views: 16

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
alright...how many folks do we have coming up from the South Central group? count me in :)

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
planning on driving up EARLY friday morning...and participate all day friday and through Saturday (have to have dinner with the in laws saturday night), then drive back Sunday after brunch ;)

OP
OP
T

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
alright...how many folks do we have coming up from the South Central group? count me in :)

In a week or two the drive up on September 8th will be finalized and everyone is welcome to join the caravan up to DFW. Due to current road conditions on my trip to DFW last week we MAY go up 281 to bypass the construction and take the scenic way up. More to come on the caravan.

Drive up is on Thursday September 8th so we can relax and be fresh fro the drive to east Texas Friday morning.

V

Venomiss

We hope you can meet the challenge for attendees from your region to attend this event!

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya, i'll be driving up at the crack of dawn to join you guys...need to know the meeting point, etc so I can join up.

OP
OP
T

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya, i'll be driving up at the crack of dawn to join you guys...need to know the meeting point, etc so I can join up.

Meeting point would be the hotel I am sure. I'll contact Greg up in DFW. If not you know my personal cell phone #1, #2 and #3- always home in on me that way!

OP
OP
T

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All sign up can't wait , this we b our first viper trip !!! Bring it on!!!!!!

We have a big drive in the hills today, leaving in about an hour or so. Come join us!

The DFW event should be HUGE!! Drive details to caravan up are in the works. I am reviewing TxDot projects on the route and calling the construction managers of each project to make sure everything will be clear. Last thing we want is 50+ Vipers sitting in 100 degree heat on the hot highway!

am.mscl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have a big drive in the hills today, leaving in about an hour or so. Come join us!

The DFW event should be HUGE!! Drive details to caravan up are in the works. I am reviewing TxDot projects on the route and calling the construction managers of each project to make sure everything will be clear. Last thing we want is 50+ Vipers sitting in 100 degree heat on the hot highway!

We could not make it; the viper has a shock being rebuilt.

V

Venomiss

Make plans now and sign up before July 30th as prices go up after that.

This event will be a great opportunity to meet other Viper owners from surrounding regions.

OP
OP
T

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We signed up Kurt, we will be there as long as work allows me to be....

AWESOME!!! I am looking forward to this one big time!!! Do you have a lot of people from Houston going?

Going to try one last big PUSH with my region, alot of our members have said they are going and have hotels but have not registered yet. Working on that one!

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AWESOME!!! I am looking forward to this one big time!!! Do you have a lot of people from Houston going?

Going to try one last big PUSH with my region, alot of our members have said they are going and have hotels but have not registered yet. Working on that one!

There is a thread in the Houston section with some maybes, but nobody definite that I know of. I've asked if anyone wants to roll out with us Thursday afternoon. We are booking hotel rooms today. Sounds like a great itenerary!!! :headbang:

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
any info on the caravan? IF it is on Thursday...rolling through Austin around 5 or so...I could join up :)

OP
OP
T

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
any info on the caravan? IF it is on Thursday...rolling through Austin around 5 or so...I could join up :)

Caravan info will go out with Free Gas winners on Sunday night or Monday- yes the Pres works on Labor Day for the VCA...:( But it will be on a laptop by the BBQ with a ice cold beer in my hand! :usa: :)

Thinking of leaving San Antonio around 2PM, may go up 281 for traffic reasons, I35 may be easier but could hit some nasty areas.

diko

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If you guys roll up on Thursday, let me know if you guys plan on meeting for dinner up there. I'll be in Richardson.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang